The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Hunter Shinkaruk to Flames for Markus Granlund

Gonna make the playoff now boys and girls wooooooo!!!

who cares about the future of monahan gaudreau Bennett and shink ripping us apart 

we have Granlund woooo!

C depth of Vey and Granlund will overcome it all and bring home the cup! 

Something to consider:

Granlund is a typical slick playmaker from the C (and apparently the W), whereas Shink had amazing scoring potential. 

Virt is more of a goal scorer, Rodin is almost purely a goal scorer, Baer is proving to be a goal scorer, Etem is definitely more of a goal scorer, Horvat is scoring a lot, McCann is more of a Sakic-style goal scorer, Boeser is a sniper, Gaunce is a grinder but a scorer.

Not to mention Sutter is older, but more of a goal scorer as well. 

12 minutes ago, Heretic said:

23 pages in 45 mins for a prospect - imagine if we had traded Vrbata or Burrows.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If Benning still thinks that the playoffs are a possibility and that acquiring Granlund is a key to playoff success, we may be in for a rebuild that will require a subsequent teardown and secondary rebuild. That is once he's drawn and quartered.

I think you know where I stand, I'm the last to jump on management on for their decisions but somebody make my head stop spinning lol I'm confused about this deal and don't know if it's my love for shrink or what.  Granted I don't know a ton about Granlind so I'll reserve being too harsh for the moment..

i wish Hunter nothing but the best *when not playing us ;p. I'm a huge fan of his.

Ive never been sad after dropping 500 bucks at Costco before :(  Hopefully this works out well for us. 

I wasn't even gonna be happy with a Drouin Shinkaruk package deal

if we were gonna trade him it should have been for a equal level d prospect 

but at this point I'd beg for the Drouin trade instead of Granlund and to cgry

someone holdddddd me 

:(

Just now, Ossi Vaananen said:

One more: Benning said they tried to get a d-man for Shinkaruk, but Granlund was the best they could get.

haha pathetic , just hold on to him then dont trade him for a C who can play the same position as the player you traded...Inpatient GM we have holy crap

8 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Man, Shink's goal scoring ability...damn he ends up making it the Canucks are gonna see a lot of his shots in the net over the next 15 years. 

Calgary looks like they're gonna be a very entertaining team in the future :(

Archived