The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Hunter Shinkaruk to Flames for Markus Granlund

32 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Flames fans saying Granlund is not near good enough to play top 6 and not nearly gritty enough to play bottom 6 minutes so this is as it sits a strange move for sure. They are very happy with the move .

Bargain dumpster Jim Benning lives up to his MO again God why why ?? 

Sell us rational please

48 minutes ago, hockeyking said:

I want to point out that Markus Granlund has better ahl stats than shink actually in his first year he hit 46 points in 52 games. So he does have allot of skill.

It just seem like he doesn't fit in Calgary.

This. He's been very effective in the AHL, and definitely serviceable at the NHL already.

Also, he has been an absolute beast in international tournaments. 19 points in 13 World Junior U-20 games. Perhaps the scouts see some top-9 upside in him, rather than sticking him with plugs on a 4th line role (a la Calgary)???

Plus, like Shinkaruk, he's a former C who can also play wing. Shink plays strictly wing now though. So the "too many centers" notion is bunk.

19 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

your comparing a former 1st rounder to linden vey, good one.

Alex Daigle was a former 1st rounder.

Anyway, if it's Shink and a 2nd for Bartshi and Granlund, then what are we even going on about?  Shink's mythical upside is better than Bartshi's?  Or the 2nd is better than Granlund?

These trades aren't going to make or break either team imho.

Okay, I'll admit I overreacted. After watching Shinkaruk a few times each year I could see the progress and see the potential.

That being said, I am just fan and Benning has much more insight on Shinkaruk and has most likely been watching him many times this year.

Obviously Benning must BELIEVE that Shinkaruk won't make it in the NHL, so I'll see how this one plays out.

Welcome, Granlund! Make us proud.

9 minutes ago, Smiley2051 said:

How quick could that be?

Last I heard he took a skate blade to the knee area and was out till mid to late March.

Not sure what his contract situation is with Brynas currently.

2 minutes ago, 6YPE said:

Love watching everyone freaking out... people need to calm down and see where we are after the deadline.

Well, trading 1st rounder's for 2nd rounder's is not making this team better, regardless of where we stand @ the trade line

Were slowly running out of assets and Francesco Aquilini & JB think we can make the playoffs... Lets see we got 58pts with 23 games to go ... to qualify in the playoffs I am assuming 96 pts ore better...they need to win 19 out of 23 or the equivalent to have a shot to the playoffs this season...

Bad trade unless a bigger trade is coming from this.

Archived