The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markus Granlund | #60 | C/W

Johnny Torts

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I'm sure this has been covered but can Granlund be sent to Utica without going through waivers?

As other posters have said before me, he can clear waivers this year, but not for next year.

Edited by Dazzle

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Naslund wasn't the best skater, and didn't get his game together til he was 24-25 years, we were lucky to grab him..  And at that time we thought we had traded a beast of a player away for him.  We were thought to have lost that trade off.   

If social media was around back then we woulda been #burned #outgm'd #rippedoff #robbed. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Drouin is GARBAGE. He's proven so little for such a high draft pick. Clearly your logic has gone out to lunch. I will disregard the rest of your messages in this thread.

He's proven as much as Granlund has at the NHL level with better point totals

Disregard what you want, but calling him garbage is childish and if he were traded for you'd be rooting for him too.

9 hours ago, Comet Fan 0727 said:

Please get your facts straight. Clendenning is no where NEAR close to a point per game in the A. He probably isn't even .50 per game. Total over reaction dude 

202  games played in the ahl, 126 points for a .66 ppg average for a defenceman.

That's as close to a ppg as it is .50

8 hours ago, Bandwagon38 said:

After stewing over this trade for the latter half of the day I have come to accept this trade even though I don't understand the timing of it.  This could have been done in the summer if Benning was done with Hunter.  Also why wouldn't you package him with one of our hopefully exiting veterans to sweeten a great return. 

I think this trade means that Hansen is getting traded and Granlund is our new Hansen.  "Versatile two-way player" "Plays center or wing very well" "kills penalties"  "Can slot in up and down he lineup" sounds a lot like Hansen.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe they have been showcasing him all year with the Sedins to try and get a big return.

17 hours ago, sharbinder said:

My guess is to add center depth & if he goes to the AHL, then it allows Green to have Gaunce on the wing with the 3G line. (Gaunce-Granlund-Grenier)

Good point.  Gaunce has been playing center lately (really well too) and Canucks are determined to play him at wing.   

Edited by hobart16

At the moment he's a 4th line centre. Maximum upside I see especially with all the centre depth we currently have is 3C for Granlund.

Even then he has to fix a lot of his game/tendencies/habits to reach that potential.

...Granlund never really came across to me as a guy who wows you in any sort of way. But now that he's a Canuck, just have to take his side and hope he can progress a little to help the team. Just really disappointed in the trade itself. Value was way off and unfortunately for the rest of Granlund's tenure in Vancouver, he will be known as that guy who was traded for Shinkaruk and there will always be a link with the two. 

If Granlund can turn out to be an every day, regular bottom 6er, then cool I guess. At least it won't be as bad if he busts. 

Oh, and to clear up any confusion (or just plain disbelief that someone from Calgary could be right on something):

He also noted he's excited for the opportunity and it was hard to get a chance in Calgary. He describes himself as a creative, offensive player who can play in all situations and has a deceptive wrist shot. He feels his on-ice vision is very good and likes to set up his teammates

9 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

I know he has said it in past weeks, but he said it again TODAY!?!?

9 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Yes.

In fairness, 'wanting' to make the playoffs =/= actually thinking you realistically will.

I 'want' to be a millionaire rock star/NHL player... just saying.

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

In fairness, 'wanting' to make the playoffs =/= actually thinking you realistically will.

I 'want' to be a millionaire rock star/NHL player... just saying.

I think he's playing the media like I play mafia in WN. Never show your full deck, never give a yes/no answer, try to manipulate your words to mean something they don't really mean...

10 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Granlund is Finish. Swedes and Fins don't get along. They are like arch enemies.

He was born in Finland but his last name is definitely Swedish just like Salo. Historically a lot of Swedish families live in Finland, Finnish and Swedish are two official languages of the country.

• Upvote 1