The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Troy Stecher | #51 | D

Gstank29

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Troy.  The experience of playing in the World's can't help but improve Stecher's game overall.  On the big ice he will have room to show his rushing prowness.  Being around a winning (hopefully) atmosphere will do wonders in the locker room next fall.  Go Canada!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, reyezone said:

Where is the Stetcher love? 

The guy scotes on the international stage and nothing in his thread? I want highlights people!!!

Gotta get to bed but will say watched the game and Troy played a really strong game and was a force for Canada.   He really skated well on the big ice.

• Upvote 1

I like wee stecher. He makes a good #5 d man in the NHL and I hope he keeps developing.

I just hope the Canucks can get at least 1 higher end D in ufa this summer. JB said he would rebuild the D on this team and it sorely needs to be rebuilt.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to Stech's game against the Finns. It seems that AV cut his TOI in the Czech game. Playing Fabro more. 

I thought last season was a 'so me' year for Stech and he came thru. Can he be a regular top 4 d-man? We will likely see that this year. He has to show more offence to see that realized IMHO. Last year his d-zone play greatly improved. Does not change the reality that as a smaller d-man he will always be physically challenged. Forwards are always getting bigger and faster. What Stecher has demonstrated from his first NHL game is his desire and no quit attitude. 

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Looking forward to Stech's game against the Finns. It seems that AV cut his TOI in the Czech game. Playing Fabro more. 

I thought last season was a 'so me' year for Stech and he came thru. Can he be a regular top 4 d-man? We will likely see that this year. He has to show more offence to see that realized IMHO. Last year his d-zone play greatly improved. Does not change the reality that as a smaller d-man he will always be physically challenged. Forwards are always getting bigger and faster. What Stecher has demonstrated from his first NHL game is his desire and no quit attitude. 

I think if Stech could elevate his game to 30 points a season, he's a solid top 4 guy given that his defense is already pretty good. I'm excited to see his development.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/5/2019 at 11:27 AM, Boudrias said:

I add Hutton to that list. Both of them have been having great seasons. I give Hutton the nod over Stecher mostly because of size. Hutton has better battle and has some offensive skills. He is older. Stecher had a bigger challenge and has continued to grow thru the season to date. Impressive. 

Stech gets that nod from me.

Hutton does not have better battle OR offensive skills in my view.  I have to disagree (completely).  But not sure why we have to even compare?  They're both on the team and I'm not one for pitting one against the other unnecessarily.

Love Hutty...but, for me, he's more laid back and Stech is all warrior.  It's that killer instinct thing for me.

• Upvote 4

On 5/13/2019 at 6:18 PM, reyezone said:

Where is the Stetcher love? 

The guy scotes on the international stage and nothing in his thread? I want highlights people!!!

(It's in the IIHF thread, but I'm glad you noted this because his thread deserves the love too)

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Stech gets that nod from me.

Hutton does not have better battle OR offensive skills in my view.  I have to disagree (completely).

Love Hutty...but, for me, he's more laid back and Stech is all warrior.

I like them both but eventually I think they will be victims of the numbers game. Stetcher probably gets to stay just because he can play right side and is better offensively and defensively. Hutton I can see being dealt, just because of all the left side defencemen in the pipeline. 

• Upvote 1