The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Guest Dasein

I don't think you can do that, as the rule is 9 games or 30 days. Horvat would have to have one solid month to stay on board for the rest of the season.

Really? Can you explain what happened with Brayden Schenn in LA back in 2010 because he was not returned until mid December. Is it the new CBA thing, or..

Edited by Dasein

Really? Can you explain what happened with Brayden Schenn in LA back in 2010 because he was not returned until mid December. Is it the new CBA thing, or..

I could've sworn it was always that way, but I couldn't find anything to confirm it. I've read conflicting results instead though.

I've read that 10 games played and it takes ones year off the three year ELC (1 out of 3 played)

After 40 games it counts as a season towards UFA (1 of 7).

Edited by c00kies

It seems to me that people are really over-valuing the 2015 draft as if there are hundreds and hundreds of players far better than most players coming out of the draft in last decade. While there may be a couple of high profile players it's a draft just like any other year.

It's really a big draft. From about 1-20 you'll likely going to get a top line player.

draft is the same size as every other year. From about 1-20 you aren't guaranteed anything.

I think everyone knows that but this is looking like a deep draft with the skill these type of kids have.

So ... there are going to be like 12 first liners and 4 top 2 dmen?

Yeah I think there will be alot of great players in this draft. Top 60 players can all be significant players for their teams.

Guys like Merkley, Connor, Bracco, Marner, Werenski, Bittner, Crouse are looking like future top 6 NHL players who in my opinion have a legitimate shot at a top line and I've seen alot of them around 15-30.

You can quote me, I think this draft will be deeper than '03 and '13 depending on if '13 is really a deep draft.

I think you can call up a player as an emergency replacement if you are decimated by injuries. But that's a very rare thing.

Pretty sure you can return them to junior at any time! See Grigorenko in Buffalo.

Calling them back up, and what the implications are is a different story.

- After 8 games you have burned off a year of their ELC.

- Once you send them down, they can only be called back up in an emergency, created by multiple injuries in your line up.

I think you can call up a player as an emergency replacement if you are decimated by injuries. But that's a very rare thing.

Pretty sure you can return them to junior at any time! See Grigorenko in Buffalo.

Calling them back up, and what the implications are is a different story.

- After 8 games you have burned off a year of their ELC.

- Once you send them down, they can only be called back up in an emergency, created by multiple injuries in your line up.

They aren't talking about when you can or can't send him down so much as whether or not you can keep him up and just not play him in that 10th game to avoid the contract kicking in. Clearly that wouldn't be helpful for Horvat to begin with, to just sit in the press box rather than play, so they aren't going to just put him in every 7th or 8th game to keep his contract from kicking in.

If Bo Horvat shows enough on-ice speed to land a job with the the Vancouver Canucks this fall, he’ll have one more woman to thank other than his mom.

The NHL first-rounder has been working this summer in St. Marys with long-time coach Kathy McIlwain, who was Sarnia Sting’s power skating technician.

“My uncle Ron knew her and recommended me to her,” said the 19-year-old Rodney native, who teed it up at the London Knights’ 13th annual golf tournament Friday at FireRock Golf Club in Komoka. “She’s been a huge help for me, working on my edges and my stride. She’s just trying to get me quicker. I usually just skate by myself or with my brother (Knights pick Cal).

“I work out here, then go over to St. Marys and skate with her.”

Rest is about the rupert twins

the draft is being much compared to 2003, where Parise, Getzlaf, Burns, Kesler, Perry, Richards, J Carter, D Brown, Seabrook all went outside the top 10 in the 1st round.... while S Weber, Backes, C Crawford, Eriksson were 2nd rounders.

A "deep" draft is not one where you "need" to move up. ITs one where you need to scout accordingly. THats why I say picking 10th - 18th is not a bad position. THere will be plenty of future stars in that selection zone. Also cant see anyone trading away their 1st or moving back. Crazy to think that Buffalo could have 2 of the top 10, possibly top 5...

The Canucks will not finish bottom 5, nor will any of those teams be trading their picks. Stop will the insanity.

• Upvote 1

the draft is being much compared to 2003, where Parise, Getzlaf, Burns, Kesler, Perry, Richards, J Carter, D Brown, Seabrook all went outside the top 10 in the 1st round.... while S Weber, Backes, C Crawford, Eriksson were 2nd rounders.

A "deep" draft is not one where you "need" to move up. ITs one where you need to scout accordingly. THats why I say picking 10th - 18th is not a bad position. THere will be plenty of future stars in that selection zone. Also cant see anyone trading away their 1st or moving back. Crazy to think that Buffalo could have 2 of the top 10, possibly top 5...

The Canucks will not finish bottom 5, nor will any of those teams be trading their picks. Stop will the insanity.

what way will have less traffic on my way home from work. North Talbot or walker?
  • Upvote 1

Hey Nucks fans, this is news involving Horvat from the junior camp. for the full stories check it out on NHL.com .

The constant offensive pressure put forth by McDavid also made him a

target, with the Czechs never failing to miss an opportunity to hit him,

even if it came after the whistle.

However, unlike his teammates who were in a constant stream to the

penalty box, McDavid kept his composure and did not retaliate until 12:40

of the third period, at which point he had enough and challenged Masin

after he was hit high in front of the net.

It's something McDavid has grown accustomed to through his young

hockey career, and it was on full display Friday.

"I thought I did a good job keeping my emotions in check until the end of

the third period when the game got out of hand," McDavid said. "It was

getting pretty stupid."

Bo Horvat (Vancouver Canucks) of the London Knights in the OHL also came to McDavid's defense against Masin and came away with a roughing penalty, but he remained impressed with how composed his young teammate was in the face of constant targeting by the Czechs.

"Connor's already a pro, he does all the little things right," Horvat said. "He got us going today, he scored a big goal for us and that got the ball rolling for us. I thought he handled it really well, they were kind of after him all game and he handled it like a pro."

My thoughts; It's good to hear Bo isn't afraid to stick up for his teammates, he is great in interviews so far and seems like the type of player to wear his heart on his sleeve.

This is a quote from Horvat after Canada's loss to the Czechs. for full story check it out at NHL.com

"I thought we came together as a team, we didn't back down and we stuck up for each other really well," said Vancouver Canucks forward prospect Bo Horvat, who wore the captain's "C" in the game. "I thought we came together really well. In a short period of time we were like a family, and everyone stuck up for each other."

My thoughts;

The way Horvat veiws the game is unique, he's not there for himself but for his team and country. Reffering to his new teammates as family speaks volumes about his solid character. It is exciting to hear that Horvat was wearing the "C" for Canada and IMHO being captain of the London Knights and team Canada and playing in all situations would be better developement wise than playing bottom 6 minutes in the NHL.

• Upvote 1

No you're misunderstanding. I think he'll top out as a 3rd line centre but anything can happen, he can be a 1st liner or a ECHLer. Playing him on a spot like that at 19 is going to great for him, it would be very good for him to able to jump on the 3rd line at 19 and work his way up eventually in his career or he could be just that, a 3rd line centre. I think if he's able to play on the 3rd line this year he'll be able to become more than just a 3rd liner. Look at a guy like Couturier, he played on the 3rd line and he's still there, he's still developing and could be a 2nd liner but for 3 seasons now he's still a 3rd liner.

Playing him good minutes is how he'll succeed, you have to push a prospect if you want them to succeed. It's simple, Matthias left Florida because he was given minutes, like some of you think he'll beat out Hansen, Burrows, Vey, Richardson, Higgins for PK minutes even though those players have done that their whole career. You gotta let the kid know that he's going to have to earn every single spot, obviously he'll have to do that to even crack the roster but on the PK he's going to have to beat out everyone else.

Gets 74 points in 54 games... Gets called a future 3rd liner.... Bergeron or O'reilly never had a better season in the juniors than Horvat did last year. Horvat has the MOST potential to be a 2nd liner.... He can be a 1st liner too. If he's turns out as a 3rd liner, it will mean we get a lottery pick next year and McCann gets better offensively. Right know, Horvat growed a lot in potential, and looks like a top 6 2-way forward.

Edit:typos

Edited by Rex425

Guest Dasein

Gets 74 points in 54 games... Gets called a future 3rd liner.... Bergeron or O'reilly never had a better season in the juniors than Horvat did last year. Horvat has the MOST potential to be a 2nd liner.... He can be a 1st liner too. If he's turns out as a 3rd liner, it will mean we get a lottery pick next year and McCann gets better offensively. Right know, Horvat growed a lot in potential, and looks like a top 6 2-way forward.

Edit:typos

Bergeron and O'Reilly never played in juniors after being drafted.

I think he'll be a 2C in his prime and 3C on the come up and near the end of his career.

Um, why does Horvat turning out as a 3rd liner mean that we get a lottery pick next year?

McCann has more potential to become a 1C than Horvat (who is unlikely to be a 1C) but if McCann can't up his offensive game, he'll be similar to Horvat. If we have two really good 2Cs that are excellent defensively, that might not be a bad thing to have going forward so long as our 3C and 4C are also very solid.

• Upvote 1