The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

On 5/3/2017 at 8:39 AM, iinatcc said:

I was happy with his progression this year though his late season slump kind of concerns me. It makes me feel he's probably going to settle into a 45 to 55 point player. Rather than a 60 to 65 pt guy. 

His late season 'slump' was due to the fact that, by that time, the opposition realized Bo's line was the biggest threat and started playing them like the 1st line.  He's a young guy; too young to be facing 1st line Fs and Ds.

He just turned 22yrs and won't be reaching his peak for a few more years.  I am very confident that Bo will be a 60-65pt guy or more.

• Upvote 2

On 5/3/2017 at 1:35 PM, Frogger009 said:

Not every team is going to have Crosby or McDavid anchoring their first line. 

I expect approximately 29 out of 31 will not have this situation - so about 95% of all NHL teams will not have one of those players as there number one center.   

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎04 at 3:30 PM, apollo said:

I'm so scared of the contract Jimbo will give him... :(

his offensive contributions are lower then that of players around the 6 million mark.  He is a leader of the team though and is on all the billboards and graphics.  Does those 2 latter factors make him want to give us a deal or does that make him want more?  Bo is a good guy but when agents get involved they can sometimes cloud players judgements.  I just would hate to see Bo get unrealistic expectations put on him because he gets a silly heavy contract.  I think a fair contract with a bit of gravy is great.  I got a feeling his agent might want a bridge deal though.  4 years would be nice but a longer term deal sounds interesting.  I just would hate to overpay and bo not live up to expectations. 

5 hours ago, Rush17 said:

his offensive contributions are lower then that of players around the 6 million mark.  He is a leader of the team though and is on all the billboards and graphics.  Does those 2 latter factors make him want to give us a deal or does that make him want more?  Bo is a good guy but when agents get involved they can sometimes cloud players judgements.  I just would hate to see Bo get unrealistic expectations put on him because he gets a silly heavy contract.  I think a fair contract with a bit of gravy is great.  I got a feeling his agent might want a bridge deal though.  4 years would be nice but a longer term deal sounds interesting.  I just would hate to overpay and bo not live up to expectations. 

Good point. Bos a good player and leader in this team but his next contract will determine a lot of things. One being the way fans see him. Of course we live a 50 pt guy making less than a mill.  But if we give him 6 and he has an off year fans aren't going to be too kind to a 35 pt guy making that kind of money (as seen with LE).

I want what's best for no and the team. Wouldn't mind a long terms 4.5-5.5 deal.

10 hours ago, Rush17 said:

His point totals are also reflective of the style of game his coach dictated, the minutes he got and the linemates he had.   Put him with better wingers and a more offense first system and those points inflate quickly.   While not "real" hockey, he showed at ASG what sort of impact he can have if he doesn't feel he needs to do it all by himself.   

Points are used far to often to justify good or bad play.   There are so many factors involved in point totals - put a fire hydrant as a winger with Gretzky in the day and they get 50 goals.    

On 2017-05-28 at 9:23 PM, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

just give Bo whatever he wants for as long as he wants.

Give him the pen and tell him to write down what he thinks he deserves for however long as he wants. I gurantee he wants to earn his keep and will give a very reasonable price. but if management thinks he gave a price that was too low they should pay him up to what they think he deserves.

We have all seen this kids character. I don't think anything will change that. lock him up as long as possible. for 20 years if thats possible.

Edited by Setyoureyesontheprize
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

Give him Loui's contract: 6x6

I think this is what he'll get. People wanting 5.5 or less are probably gonna be disappointed unless Bo is really selfless with his salary.

• Upvote 1

I would be beyond happy with a 55-60 point campaign, what I love about Bo is his drive to get better, he has improved each season in every league he has been in.

Bo is better than Henrik and Kesler at this age, I am curious to see if he can keep pushing his ceiling 

Edited by logic

19 minutes ago, logic said:

I would be beyond happy with a 55-60 point campaign, what I love about Bo is his drive to get better, he has improved each season in every league he has been in.

Bo is better than Henrik and Kesler at this age, I am curious to see if he can keep pushing his ceiling 

I like that he plays at a heavy weight.  What was he last season 225 or abouts?  Having such a big body guy at center, with his skills is super for us.  Now we just need a guy to compliment him.

10 hours ago, logic said:

I think Bo will get around 55-65 points next season.

His production next season will give us a better understanding of his ceiling. When he came in, he was supposed to be just a third line center. He laughed at those guys that said that by scoring 40 points. Then, he laughed at those guys even more by scoring 52 points, establishing himself as at least a 2C. If he can get 60+ next season with primary PP time and with other teams' focussing in on him, then we will know that we have a 1C in Horvat. 

This is a first time since Linden, that we have a scoring line centerman that plays the heavy game. If he can get 60+ points next season, we know we have a player near the level of Toewes and Kopitar. Of course, these guys are more like 65-85 point players so I wouldn't put Bo at the same level as these just because of one 60+ point season, but 60+ point season from a 22 year old player is a strong signal of what this player is and will be capable of accomplishing in the future.

Can't help but feel excited to see Bo progress next season.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, khay said:

I think Bo will get around 55-65 points next season.

His production next season will give us a better understanding of his ceiling. When he came in, he was supposed to be just a third line center. He laughed at those guys that said that by scoring 40 points. Then, he laughed at those guys even more by scoring 52 points, establishing himself as at least a 2C. If he can get 60+ next season with primary PP time and with other teams' focussing in on him, then we will know that we have a 1C in Horvat. 

This is a first time since Linden, that we have a scoring line centerman that plays the heavy game. If he can get 60+ points next season, we know we have a player near the level of Toewes and Kopitar. Of course, these guys are more like 65-85 point players so I wouldn't put Bo at the same level as these just because of one 60+ point season, but 60+ point season from a 22 year old player is a strong signal of what this player is and will be capable of accomplishing in the future.

Can't help but feel excited to see Bo progress next season.

If Horvat gets 1st Line TOI I would expect 60 minutes at a minimum. Much more actually.  

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

If Horvat gets 1st Line TOI I would expect 60 minutes at a minimum. Much more actually.  

Do you mean 60 points? Also, if so, do you mean that in the sense that you think he's good enough to hit 60 points with that ice time or in the sense that he'd better get that, as it's the baseline for 1st line forwards?