The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin | #22 | LW

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

They added player threads not even 2 years ago.  There really isn't much to talk about them daily, they are constantly good players.  To imply that we are taking them for granted because of a post count in their respected threads is kind of ridiculous.

Thanks for that.    Have a great day yourself.    

By the very definition of "they are constantly good players" and you don't talk about them means you are taking them for granted.   But apparently, so what.

4 hours ago, apollo said:

Incredible... absolutely incredible. 

I think when all is said and done, the only player that could catch them would be Brock. 

Brock isn't the most explosive player but he is getting points with surgical precision.  It took the Sedins a few years to become the dominant players they were.  I've been very surprised how dominant Boeser has been 30 games into his career.  Does he Boeser have another gear as he continues to develope?  If he does you may be right.  It'll be fun to watch, just Daniel and Henrik have been incredible to watch.

11 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Thanks for that.    Have a great day yourself.    

By the very definition of "they are constantly good players" and you don't talk about them means you are taking them for granted.   But apparently, so what.

Yeah, going to have to agree with everyone else here Rob, you're making a mountain out of less than a mole hill regarding the participation, or lack thereof, in this thread. 

13 hours ago, Green Building said:

Yeah, going to have to agree with everyone else here Rob, you're making a mountain out of less than a mole hill regarding the participation, or lack thereof, in this thread. 

Coupled with the total lack of media (Sportsnet/TSN) attention to these two, I disagree but it is your town and your superstars.    Cheers.   :)

Wish the twins would watch the hilite reels of themselves through their prime, their legs moved much quicker...  might motivate them to up some dry land foot speed training.

Im not knocking them, but if there is room to improve your game, you target it.  These 2 could easily have 2 more seasons in them.  Perhaps a Cup yet. 

On 12/2/2017 at 1:25 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Coupled with the total lack of media (Sportsnet/TSN) attention to these two, I disagree but it is your town and your superstars.    Cheers.   :)

Who?

Either way, could you please be quiet so I can read TSN's intriguing article on Mathews latest BM? Apparently he had corn yesterday.

22 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Wish the twins would watch the hilite reels of themselves through their prime, their legs moved much quicker...  might motivate them to up some dry land foot speed training.

Im not knocking them, but if there is room to improve your game, you target it.  These 2 could easily have 2 more seasons in them.  Perhaps a Cup yet. 

Dude, they're two of the hardest training athletes in the world. Training is not the problem. They're 37 years old.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On December 1, 2017 at 11:04 PM, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

an entire season of GWG. wow. 

Actually its more impressive - it puts him at #31 all-time in game winning goals, one behind Jean Beliveau. I had no idea he was this high in the stats in this area. 

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-players-all-time-game-winning-goals-leaders.html 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

an entire season of GWG. wow. 

Actually its more impressive - it puts him at #31 all-time in game winning goals, one behind Jean Beliveau. I had no idea he was this high in the stats in this area. 

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-players-all-time-game-winning-goals-leaders.html 

It helps that they Canucks had no bad extended stretches for the first 15 years of their careers. We've done a lot of winning during the careers of the twins.

• Like 1

At the srart of the year most peiple said the twins were waahed up. Than they get 7 minsbA game, they put up low numbers yet never complained. Now their getting 12-14 mins there Almost A point per game player lately. So to all that wanted then gone and if the rooks push for A job  Burm will be gone, maybe we can unload maybe gags as well. Right now they have to be the besy 4th line in the league 

7 minutes ago, bp79 said:

At the srart of the year most peiple said the twins were waahed up. Than they get 7 minsbA game, they put up low numbers yet never complained. Now their getting 12-14 mins there Almost A point per game player lately. So to all that wanted then gone and if the rooks push for A job  Burm will be gone, maybe we can unload maybe gags as well. Right now they have to be the besy 4th line in the league 

Alcohol-Drugs-Sign-PKE-14465_300.gif

• Thanks 1

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Daniel Sedin | #22 | LW
  • 2 weeks later...

Very small sample size, but Daniel Sedin has averaged the past 2 seasons a faceoff percentage of 50%.  Then again he only takes 1 every 2-3 games..but considering he wins more than his fair share, I wonder if possibly trying him at centre could be an option.  Just a fun thing to consider.  I know he is better with Hank, but I wouldn't mind trying that as an experiment for a game to see how he fairs. 

IN all honesty would love that our wingers had that ability to win key faceoffs too, as we know waving our centres are becoming so frequent these days.  Might not hurt to train our wingers to do it too.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Very small sample size, but Daniel Sedin has averaged the past 2 seasons a faceoff percentage of 50%.  Then again he only takes 1 every 2-3 games..but considering he wins more than his fair share, I wonder if possibly trying him at centre could be an option.  Just a fun thing to consider.  I know he is better with Hank, but I wouldn't mind trying that as an experiment for a game to see how he fairs. 

IN all honesty would love that our wingers had that ability to win key faceoffs too, as we know waving our centres are becoming so frequent these days.  Might not hurt to train our wingers to do it too.

At best, he could be another face-off guy, but playing centre in ways outside the face-off circle can get pretty different sometimes. It would be a pretty big adjustment.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, coastal.view said:

and if he does bring that level of tenacity

i got 40 games for him on the injured list next season

for sure :P

Maybe just the fact that he showed tenacity makes me want him around for another year. I agree though, he'd be beat up playing that brand of hockey.