The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Erik Gudbranson | #44 | D

-SN-

1 hour ago, Silky mitts said:

if this is true you run laughing 

I can’t see Benning Trading EG and his potential at his age, for the risk of anything unknown or unproven, at this point of our rebuild.

We are not starting it.

we are within it, and Gudbranson is part of that.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I can’t see Benning Trading EG and his potential at his age, for the risk of anything unknown or unproven, at this point of our rebuild.

We are not starting it.

Potential? He is basically what he is going to be 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Potential? He is basically what he is going to be 

I expect Gudbranson to improve a bit as he hits his late 20s in the coming years, but I think he's probably at about 90% of his ceiling right now. I don't think he's gonna grow a whole lot more.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

if this is true you run laughing 

Or just maybe some people here are seriously under-valuing him.

16 hours ago, SilentSam said:

We are not starting it.

The only way he's traded is if they can't come to an agreement by the TDL, but it sounds like he legit wants to be here.

• Cheers 2

18 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I expect Gudbranson to improve a bit as he hits his late 20s in the coming years, but I think he's probably at about 90% of his ceiling right now. I don't think he's gonna grow a whole lot more.

He's going to have to commit to being a physical force to make up for his other shortcomings though, and I'm thinking Benning might mention that at some point. 

55 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He's going to have to commit to being a physical force to make up for his other shortcomings though, and I'm thinking Benning might mention that at some point. 

I think that makes a lot of sense.  He isn't everything I hoped for beginning of the season, but I still want him to stay here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mooby said:

I think that makes a lot of sense.  He isn't everything I hoped for beginning of the season, but I still want him to stay here.

He's on a crap team that's in flux and has way too many veterans who refuse to bring any sort of physical presence, outside of Edler. As long as the Sedins are the preeminent influence on this team, mediocrity will follow. 

22 hours ago, Toews said:

I am not even sure I would concede that point. Sbisa has had a very good season in Vegas. 

So has a bunch of people that weren't expected to in Vegas. It goes to show how much of a team sport this game is over individuals sometimes.

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

So has a bunch of people that weren't expected to in Vegas. It goes to show how much of a team sport this game is over individuals sometimes.

Not enough CDCers grasp that while they crucify individual players. 

18 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Gudbranson had his best game (in Dallas) as a Canuck IMHO.  See what happens when you pair him with a good D man..

Listening to a couple guys on the radio talk about Guddy and fancy stats.  They said Guddy had the worst first pass stats (drone exit) on our team.  They, of course, didn’t mention Guddy plays heavy PK minutes, and takes on the toughest matchups, while almost always starting on dzone face offs.  In all these circumstances getting the puck out off the glass is almost always the best play.  

Guddy’s fancy stats don’t appear good, because he’s a heavy lifter.

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Listening to a couple guys on the radio talk about Guddy and fancy stats.  They said Guddy had the worst first pass stats (drone exit) on our team.  They, of course, didn’t mention Guddy plays heavy PK minutes, and takes on the toughest matchups, while almost always starting on dzone face offs.  In all these circumstances getting the puck out off the glass is almost always the best play.  

Guddy’s fancy stats don’t appear good, because he’s a heavy lifter.

Ah jeez Alf if you’re gonna go and be reasonable then soon everyone on cdc will. Anarchy!!!

• Like 1