The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I would rather let OJ's play dictate where he ends up.  If he comes to camp and looks like he is as good as anyone in the Top 6, why would you not simply shed someone to give this future cornerstone piece of your team the spot he earned?   No offense to the likes of Hutton and Stecher, but this player has a far higher ceiling and could be the best Dman Vancouver has had in their lineup for a decade or more - if he wants to play in NHL and shows he belongs, whether the team is playoff competitive this year or not should not matter as who knows if the Finnish team he would end up on would be a good team or not?   

Of all the players coming to camp this year not named Boeser (or of course Sedins), OJ has the best chance of being a player with his number up in the rafters some day - yes, I personally believe he will be that good.   I know some of the LK's ownership and have tracked this player for a while and people generally only look at stats and have no idea how dominant and selfless this player can be - I believe he will surprise a lot of people expecting him to be mediocre offensively and even more thinking he is still too small. 

Great post. 

OJ is doing everything he needs to crack the roster.  If he doesn't get there this year, he will be close. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Would probably help to trade a D man to help make room for Jou, even as a 7-8 D man to start.

I don't think a trade is necessary.  Holm is waiver exempt and I doubt Biega would be picked up off waivers.  If Joulevi is ready, he can join the team as the 7th dman.  I fully expect lots of injuries (as per usual), so he would get plenty of opportunities to play and while he's at it, learn the pro game (on and off the ice).  I would also like him to have the chance to be mentored by the Sedins.

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Would probably help to trade a D man to help make room for Jou, even as a 7-8 D man to start.

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

I don't think a trade is necessary.  Holm is waiver exempt and I doubt Biega would be picked up off waivers.  If Joulevi is ready, he can join the team as the 7th dman.  I fully expect lots of injuries (as per usual), so he would get plenty of opportunities to play and while he's at it, learn the pro game (on and off the ice).  I would also like him to have the chance to be mentored by the Sedins.

OJ cracks the starting 6 or he goes to Junior/Europe. If he's not good enough to do so, there's zero reason to rush him and have him sitting in the press box as #7D.

Most likely IMO is somebody else is hurt to start the season where he gets his 9 games. From there we see what happens...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NuckForReal!!! said:

What do you guys think olli juolevi's projection is as of now?

I'd say a good no 2 Dman. 

Not the guy that's going to singlehandedly win you games (we still need that guy), but a guy that you'll be able to trust to always do the right thing, get involved in plays, and consistently put up solid point totals.

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd say a good no 2 Dman. 

Not the guy that's going to singlehandedly win you games (we still need that guy), but a guy that you'll be able to trust to always do the right thing, get involved in plays, and consistently put up solid point totals.

It would be great if dahlin is our #1 guy and juolevi is our #2

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

That would be the only way Juolevi isn't our #1 D. in a couple years...I think he will be a #1 D. on most teams back end within 2-3 years, not every team has a Karlsson....or Dahlin....

Wishful thinking at this time of year can be entertaining. Any chance for Dahlin would require a lottery win IMO. He does look good. The USA also has a great looking d-prospect on their WJC team. Cannot remember the name or if he is already claimed.  

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Wishful thinking at this time of year can be entertaining. Any chance for Dahlin would require a lottery win IMO. He does look good. The USA also has a great looking d-prospect on their WJC team. Cannot remember the name or if he is already claimed.  

There is a slew of promising D. after Dahlin but he does seem to be the cream of the crop:

Quin Hughes

Ryan Merkley

Bode Wilde

Jet Woo

Adam Boqvist

Ty  Smith

Jared McIsaac

That's 8 D. all in the top 20 or so for next year's draft.

4 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

I  want Bode Wilde and Jet Woo. Jersey sales will go thru the roof. Possibly the best names ever!  GMJB, make this happen!  

The deadly WIlde/Woo PP combination lol^_^

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2017 at 10:12 AM, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

There is a slew of promising D. after Dahlin but he does seem to be the cream of the crop:

Quin Hughes

Ryan Merkley

Bode Wilde

Jet Woo

Adam Boqvist

Ty  Smith

Jared McIsaac

That's 8 D. all in the top 20 or so for next year's draft.

Bode Wilde is a stud of a prospect.   A lot of his game is pretty raw still but has a massive shot, plays with edge and will likely be in that 5 to 10 slot at the draft as simply not as polished as some but could be the "guy" from the draft when all is said and done.   

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Bode Wilde is a stud of a prospect.   A lot of his game is pretty raw still but has a massive shot, plays with edge and will likely be in that 5 to 10 slot at the draft as simply not as polished as some but could be the "guy" from the draft when all is said and done.   

Already sold, then get JB to trade for Jet Woo, the team needs an Asian player and his name is awesome. 

• Upvote 2

On 19/08/2017 at 4:15 AM, J.R. said:

Boston beat us for the cup with a really good TEAM in 2011. With nary a generational 'ultra-star' in sight.

Some very good players, sure. But nobody 'generational'. 

The Bruins had help from the zebras! Oh no I'm starting to sound like Apollo!! Oh well the koolaid tastes great!

• Upvote 2

On 8/18/2017 at 7:15 PM, J.R. said:

Boston beat us for the cup with a really good TEAM in 2011. With nary a generational 'ultra-star' in sight.

Some very good players, sure. But nobody 'generational'. 

Isn't this guy a generational Dbag?

• Upvote 2