The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

16 hours ago, aGENT said:

As much of a fan of Edler I am (and defender of the unwarranted abuse he takes) I'd love to see him moved to a contender at this TDL.

Go in to next year with something like:

Hutton, Tanev

MDZ, Gudbranson 

Pouliot, Stecher 

Holme, Biega

Juolevi can start in Utica, get call ups with injuries and then called up when we move MDZ next TDL. 

Edler 50% retained to TBL for Cal Foot please. 

You should teach a "how to de-rail a thread with one question 101" course :lol:

Edit: quoted the wrong person. My bad, joke was meant for @kenhodgejr

Edited by Jester13

7 minutes ago, cyoung said:

On our team and many other non contenders for sure he is. The odds of him being top 4 on tampa is slim. 

He's top 4 on just about any team short of maybe NSH and maybe a couple other teams.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, cyoung said:

On our team and many other non contenders for sure he is. The odds of him being top 4 on tampa is slim. 

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He's top 4 on just about any team short of maybe NSH and maybe a couple other teams.

In fact, he's a top 4 D regardless of team he plays. The capability of player he is, doesn't change based on team. He just may or may not be up or down their depth chart.

I think Edler would be a nice add for Tampa. As someone mentioned Sergachev has been kinda sheltered & Edler is a better defensive player at this stage. I'm pretty sure Coburn has played the right side. Although I doubt they would move Foote for Edler.

Only thing is, (to tie this back to Juolevi) who would replace Edler for us next season? He's still our best LHD & I don't expect Juolevi to just jump in and take his role. Nor do I think Pouliot is ready, or Hutton.

If you were to move one of them maybe Hutton is the guy instead of Edler. Reason being; I'm not sure if he's much more than he's shown, we have Juolevi coming up to replace him & you might get more value for him than a guy like Edler. (Or atleast you think he might be more desirable)

Edited by Smashian Kassian

44 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Hey, anyone seen the Juolevi thread?   I have a glitch that keeps sending me to the Edler/Tampa thread.   

Juolevi+Edler for Mcdavid... that should get it on track ;) 

Joking aside I really liked Juolevi's game this world juniors and am looking forward to him playing in NA next year

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, cyoung said:

I agree Edler has value in a bottom pairing role and can kill penalties and potentially play pp, my whole point was there is no way they give up Foote for him haha. 

Not straight up, but add a Vanek as well and that would be an enticing package for any team on a cup run. 

They could add a pick and have great shot of coming out of the east fir the SCF. 

They keep Edler, we resign Vanek and gain Foote along with a pick. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

In fact, he's a top 4 D regardless of team he plays. The capability of player he is, doesn't change based on team. He just may or may not be up or down their depth chart.

It's OK to disagree :) and I'm not knocking Edler at all. I love the guy just see him differently. 

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sure it is. But you're just plain wrong stating he's a 3rd pair D. 

On a team like tampa, I think he is. I'm not interested in going back and forth repeating ourselves lol. Call me wrong, that's OK. 

17 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Not straight up, but add a Vanek as well and that would be an enticing package for any team on a cup run. 

They could add a pick and have great shot of coming out of the east fir the SCF. 

They keep Edler, we resign Vanek and gain Foote along with a pick. 

That'd be nice for sure. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Nice, still talking about Edler and Foote on the Juolevi thread... 

Juolevi is a LD in the CANUCK system.

Elder is a LD in the CANUCK system. 

Elder a CANUCK, may have to be moved to make room.for a younger CANUCK names Olli juolevi. Do you see how those 2 would come up in a DISCUSSION? 

It happens. It's regarding the same topic. Get over it. You don't get to decide what we can talk about at where we can talk about it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Juolevi is a LD in the CANUCK system.

Elder is a LD in the CANUCK system. 

Elder a CANUCK, may have to be moved to make room.for a younger CANUCK names Olli juolevi. Do you see how those 2 would come up in a DISCUSSION? 

It happens. It's regarding the same topic. Get over it. You don't get to decide what we can talk about at where we can talk about it.

Who is "Elder" ?

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

LOL. Juolevi plays defence for the Canucks. Tryamkin used to play defence for the Canucks. Tryamkin is now in Russia. Sharapova is also Russian. Sharapova plays tennis. So. Does Nadal. 

Hey let's talk about tennis. 

Reminds me of a South Park episode haha. Can't remember which one though. 

31 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Reminds me of a South Park episode haha. Can't remember which one though. 

Pretty sure they where doing a independece day thing when they use that string theory to figure out how to put a virus on the mother ship... 

since cartman has used it in a couple episodes im pretty sure