The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Nichushkin to KHL?

Just now, Honky Cat said:

Would be a bitter blow for Dallas.....

Aivis Kalniņš @A_Kalnins
Much speculation in Russian media that #Stars Nichuskhkin is returning to Traktor Chelyabisnk of #KHL. Will see where this goes..

zOMG should have picked Nichuskin over Horvat...oh wait <_<

2 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

zOMG should have picked Nichuskin over Horvat...oh wait <_<

Didn't we say this was exactly what could happen?

I remember so many people whining after Nichushkin's first season that we passed on a star player. There's a reason why he dropped and this is it.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Didn't we say this was exactly what could happen?

I remember so many people whining after Nichushkin's first season that we passed on a star player. There's a reason why he dropped and this is it.

true if he was canadian or american he would have been first or second the russian factor was huge for his drop

1 minute ago, Squamfan said:

true if he was candian or american he would have been first or second the russian factor was huge for his drop

When highly drafted Russians come here they wanna be stars right away. 

He's probably realizing his contract is gonna be small because he only put up 29 points. Why not go to Russia, make more money at home, and then he can always come back a collect a bigger paycheck later?

9 minutes ago, Losing With Pride said:

I can't believe people went ape sh*t over taking horvat over him. 

I was one of them and in a way I still defend that.  At the time the window was still intact and slightly open, adding him to the top six could've help or could've of been a disaster, we don't know.  We do know the Nucks have been deficating the bed since that draft, that's not a slight on Bo but I use the same argument on the Linden trade.  Yeah it got us the Sedins but did it get us the cup? No.  So to me it's moot.

And to be fair I wasn't vocal on these forums about that pick.  But watching that draft I was screaming at the tv when that pick was made.  And that trade, should've of got a lot more.

22 minutes ago, The Rattler said:

Wonder if all the Dallas Fans are thinking, "Oh what a crappy GM we have.  We could have had Hamhuis for our playoff run and only given up a player who might not be here next year!  Bad asset management"

if he leaves for russia they probably will be.... why wouldn't they

doesn't mean they have to resent Nill for it... it's impossible to predict the future. I have been critical of Gillis ignoring Russians completely, but his decision did have its reasons.

2 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

40 points with a really bad scoring slump...not bad at all!

Had he remained consistent, he could've had 50-60 points. So yeah, not bad at all.

Archived