The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Loui Eriksson [6 year x $6M AAV]

There's no way it matters if Eriksson plays with the Sedins like it did for Vrbata or even Bulis. Vrbata was playing for one more cash out (JERK), Bulis for a career season, but Eriksson is pretty much on his last contract and is getting paid fairly. 

That's a huge difference. 

Just now, 70seven said:

So whos still out there that might be of interest to Van?

Mikael Boedker

Thomas Vanek

Ted Purcell

Matt Martin

Sam Gagner

Josh Jooris

Brandon Pirri

Joe Colborne

Boedker , Vanek an Martin are my list to go for now

martin would be great default grit addition to add.

Happy Canada day Canuck fans !

I no longer have that empty feeling I had on Draft day.

ps now it really seems to bad we did not buy Burrows out . We could now use that cap cushion right now

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, oldnews said:

He's not a big hitting guy, but he's a very good skater, he goes to the hard areas and he is a good forechecker despite not being what you would characterize as "gritty".

Then again, neither is Burrows necessarily, but he gets the job done.

I think Eriksson will be versatile enough that he'll help in a lot of ways - and can play on Sutter's wing if the Canucks want to platoon Eriksson and Honey Badger.

I like the signing a lot.   I may have preferred Brouwer at 4 yrs, 4.5, but Brouwer is probably not going to be bringing 60 pts any season soon, so they paid a bit more for the additional upside - and arguably the team may need the extra upside more than the extra grit.

By convincing shots I didn't mean Louie's physicality.  I meant I'm open to listening to those in Agreement with this signing to convince me.

separating those in the group that know why this could be good, like yourself, and those that just want new stuff and expect him to have Olympic mojo with Daniel and henrik 

6 mill for 6 years is no surprise at all. This is what it would have taken. Eriksson will help Canucks make the playoffs next year.

He had a big year last year, not unexpected as it was a contract year. 

8 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

I just fear in 6 years he's taking up a young guys spot. 

I wouldn't worry about that too much. it also gives out prospects time to develop. no rush and no pressure to make it into the line up when they aren't able to yet. develop the prospects properly and this team will be good in a few years time.