The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

1 hour ago, khay said:

Glad to have Eriksson back. And, Horvat shouldn't be killing penalties. We should let him focus on scoring.

I woudl like to see Virtanen take Bo's spot on the PK. Let's see how he does.

Horvat didn't kill penalties at the start of the road trip (vs Flyers/Penguins) but was back at it with the Sutter injury.  Those two games they went with Granlund, Gaunce, Sutter and Eriksson.

2 minutes ago, khay said:

Good point... but we have Sutter, Granlund, and Gaunce who can take faceoofs. Although Sutter is out at the moment.

Granlund is pretty week on the faceoff. I wouldn't be opposed to adding Jake to the PK squad though. It would be nice to find him a couple more minutes each game.

1 hour ago, MattJVD said:

Granlund is pretty week on the faceoff. I wouldn't be opposed to adding Jake to the PK squad though. It would be nice to find him a couple more minutes each game.

In due time. 

Jake still needs the carrot of potential extra PK/PP time and needs to continue to improve and work for it. With Dors gone he's got the opportunity to work for extra minutes as is but he's going to need to keep his feet moving and battle/pursue harder.

5 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

That and that fact that he is actually slightly ahead of his per 82 game pace for career points per season - his good play seemingly is being lost on a lot of people.   I think he has been playing very well so far this year and looks a lot faster and more engaged than last season as if he was fighting injury or ??? for a lot of the year.    

Honestly I think it comes down to zero puck support under WDs system. No screening, no follow up, lots of one and done. I bet you loved those nights from the opposition. 

9 hours ago, khay said:

Glad to have Eriksson back. And, Horvat shouldn't be killing penalties. We should let him focus on scoring.

I woudl like to see Virtanen take Bo's spot on the PK. Let's see how he does.

I wouldn't mind Horvat taking a role on the 2nd unit; it might be easier for him to work on his skills in smaller chunks (Not sure what unit he's on right now, to be honest).

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

A popular theory on last year was that Eriksson didn't take change too well (didn't overwhelm his first year in Boston either).  The try may be there but if the focus isn't there 100%, it's harder to produce at your best in a league like the NHL.  Perhaps we were/are seeing that.

Perhaps.   All I know he is dominating in puck possession and is flying out there.  He looks worth his contract this year and looks as if he could play for a number of years.   

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Perhaps.   All I know he is dominating in puck possession and is flying out there.  He looks worth his contract this year and looks as if he could play for a number of years.   

I don't expect him to keep this up all year and certainly not to the end of his contract, but Loui is scoring at a 60+ point pace right now. If he can do that with his great defense, he'll actually be earning his $6M IMO. Amazing, I didn't think he could do it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Loui 2Gorgeous4U Eriksson

So stoked he's back on track... he's been absolutely incredible. Offensive production aside... he's been making plays all over the ice. 

Long Live Lord Loui! Contract is starting to look better than Ladd's, Lucic's, Frans Nilsson's... all similar dollar/term

• Cheers 1

On 11/30/2017 at 9:59 PM, -AJ- said:

I don't expect him to keep this up all year and certainly not to the end of his contract, but Loui is scoring at a 60+ point pace right now. If he can do that with his great defense, he'll actually be earning his $6M IMO. Amazing, I didn't think he could do it.

I think its possible, he's done this for years on other teams, and he's doing this with different lines so the foundation is good. Sure is nice to see though. He's out best penalty killer F as well (https://thecanuckway.com/2017/11/29/vancouver-canucks-analyzing-bo-horvats-penalty-killing/)

PK Stats        TOI          Corsi against/60 Fenwick against/60 Goals against High danger corsi/60
Horvat      48:31                108.4               85.2            6                 18.8
Sutter      68:55                 94.0               67.9            8                 18.3
Eriksson      24:04                 74.8               57.3            1                 17.5
Granlund      54:10                105.2               84.2            7                 23.3
Gaunce      14:10                 84.7               59.3            2                 25.4
Dorsett      52:07                 90.9               66.8            8                 19.6
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Him and Gagner are both 100% of the reason we're free falling :lol:

(eriksson) 6 million dollars to produce 3rd line numbers. totally.

Edited by Odd.

• 3 weeks later...

Sooooooo whats the deal with this guy? As a life long canucks fan, I watch him play and wish that it was me out there in the ice (i play in a rec league) because i would care about winning more than Louie. 

I’m really hoping Green benches him, it is super apparent that he doesn’t give a f**** about winning, vancouver, or hockey in general. Him and Edler need to go, (at least Edler tries tho, he just sucks at hockey and is the worst at decision making) 

last night against montreal, louie has the puck on his stick aproaching the blueline, looks up and sees a d man, shi** his pants , chips the puck in, then looks around for a team maye to go chase it down. If im the coach, i yell at him, challenge him infront of media, shave his head while hes sleeping, get him mad so we can see an ounce of emotion in his game. Do something!!!!!!!!!!  

Rant over, sorry CDC-ers!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Vancouver FTW :D said:

Sooooooo whats the deal with this guy? As a life long canucks fan, I watch him play and wish that it was me out there in the ice (i play in a rec league) because i would care about winning more than Louie. 

I’m really hoping Green benches him, it is super apparent that he doesn’t give a f**** about winning, vancouver, or hockey in general. Him and Edler need to go, (at least Edler tries tho, he just sucks at hockey and is the worst at decision making) 

last night against montreal, louie has the puck on his stick aproaching the blueline, looks up and sees a d man, shi** his pants , chips the puck in, then looks around for a team maye to go chase it down. If im the coach, i yell at him, challenge him infront of media, shave his head while hes sleeping, get him mad so we can see an ounce of emotion in his game. Do something!!!!!!!!!!  

Is it a rant if you're being accurate and honest though?  You're expressing what a lot of Canuck's fans are feeling about these two players, especially Loui.

2 hours ago, Vancouver FTW :D said:

I know I am going to get flamed for this but it looks like post concussion symptoms or a substance abuse problem.  He just looks like a totally different person off the ice if you look at photos of him with Dallas and Boston.