The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Loui Eriksson passed a bunch with hands made of stone to jump into 231st of all-time Canuck scoring today.

230.  Bryan McSheffrey RW 87 13 7 20
231.  Loui Eriksson RW 45 10 10 20
232.  Ryan Walter C 92 9 11 20
233.  Ralph Stewart C 53 8 12 20
234.  David Saunders LW 56 7 13 20
235.  John Schella D 115 2 18 20

2 hours ago, suitup said:

I think in a couple sesaons, we will see Eriksson improve to about 50-60 points. When Eriksson just moved to the Bruins, he didn't fare as well as his last season with them. 

Ya but with Dallas he was young and going into his prime. Now he's older and about to go into the decline stage. My guess is that the last three years of his contract are really going to hurt this team.

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

Ya but with Dallas he was young and going into his prime. Now he's older and about to go into the decline stage. My guess is that the last three years of his contract are really going to hurt this team.

I'm talking about the last three seasons with the Bruins. Sure he's aging, but he's only 31. He's got a few good seasons left. I don't think this contract has ever been about the last few years of his contract either. That's why the NTC conditionals are different in each year of his contract.

Edited by suitup

5 minutes ago, suitup said:

I'm talking about the last three seasons with the Bruins. Sure he's aging, but he's only 31. He's got a few good seasons left. I don't think this contract has ever been about the last few years of his contract either. That's why the NTC conditionals are different in each year of his contract.

haha sorry I meant the bruins. Its true he seams like a slow starter in a new place. My concern is that with the way the league is now, being built on speed that as Eriksson ages he won't keep up. But well see.. Hoping the best for him so that the Canucks do well

• 2 weeks later...

Loui Eriksson was pretty low on my list of free agents to target. At the end of the day when we were left with nobody and had signed Eriksson I was feeling hopeful that it would work out okay, and at least it was better than signing no one... How wrong I was. Signing no one in comparison to signing Eriksson was definitely the way to go... Hindsight is always 20/20. 

7 hours ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Loui Eriksson was pretty low on my list of free agents to target. At the end of the day when we were left with nobody and had signed Eriksson I was feeling hopeful that it would work out okay, and at least it was better than signing no one... How wrong I was. Signing no one in comparison to signing Eriksson was definitely the way to go... Hindsight is always 20/20. 

Agreed. Would have much rather paid Vanek 4 million for a year or 3.5 per over two and also the opportunity to play RW with the Sedins. Don't think he would be any worse than Eriksson at a fraction of the price. 

On 1/28/2017 at 9:32 PM, GINCHMASTER said:

Loui is absolutely amazing to watch live.  Despite everything he's actually a reeeeally good hockey player. When ever I bring someone to a game who isn't a big hockey fan they always ask who he is.  

His best asset is his brain.

But he's not an exceptional athlete (for the NHL).

He'll be an overpaid but valuable asset throughout his contract like Burrows has been the last couple years.

On 1/28/2017 at 9:32 PM, GINCHMASTER said:

Loui is absolutely amazing to watch live.  Despite everything he's actually a reeeeally good hockey player. When ever I bring someone to a game who isn't a big hockey fan they always ask who he is.  

In person, he's great.  I noticed him a lot too when I saw him in person.  He does so many little things well.  However, we paid him 6 million to score goals and be an offensive factor.

• Upvote 1