The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Loui hit 30?

SaintPatrick33

How many goals will Loui score this year?   

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After our prized FA acquisition Sir Loui Eriksson, I would like to know your predictions on how many goals he will score!

Many have thought of him as Vrbata 2.0 (myself included), however, most of his goals are scored near the front of the net. Eriksson possesses incredible hands and reach near the net, can play any spot in the lineup including PK and the PP, has a one-timer and quick wrister. I am hyped to see him play for us. Not to mention, he has shown incredible chemistry with the Sedins, which may prolong their HOF careers for a few more years! Lets hope Willie gives him first line PP minutes and lets him work the PK. Would also like to see how he blends with Horvat, all kinds of options with this guy. His career high is 36 goals, I wonder if he can match that tally on our team. 

My question is how many goals do you think he can score for us this year? If he is playing with the Sedins and all of them stay healthy (fingers crossed!) I think he can hit 30 easy. Check out this vid and you can see the touch he has around the front of the net (just ask Bear how that worked out for him), hoping for 30 goals plus from Sir Loui! Add to this the fact he can actually skate, unlike Looch, and we got ourselves one heck of a FA prize. 

Check out this great video to get you all hyped up!

1 hour ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

After our prized FA acquisition Sir Loui Eriksson, I would like to know your predictions on how many goals he will score!

Many have thought of him as Vrbata 2.0 (myself included), however, most of his goals are scored near the front of the net. Eriksson possesses incredible hands and reach near the net, can play any spot in the lineup including PK and the PP, has a one-timer and quick wrister. I am hyped to see him play for us. Not to mention, he has shown incredible chemistry with the Sedins, which may prolong their HOF careers for a few more years! Lets hope Willie gives him first line PP minutes and lets him work the PK. Would also like to see how he blends with Horvat, all kinds of options with this guy. His career high is 36 goals, I wonder if he can match that tally on our team. 

My question is how many goals do you think he can score for us this year? If he is playing with the Sedins and all of them stay healthy (fingers crossed!) I think he can hit 30 easy. Check out this vid and you can see the touch he has around the front of the net (just ask Bear how that worked out for him), hoping for 30 goals plus from Sir Loui! Add to this the fact he can actually skate, unlike Looch, and we got ourselves one heck of a FA prize. 

Check out this great video to get you all hyped up!

Can Loui hit 30? with the Sedins? maybe you should watch this:

1 minute ago, Oldmanpower said:

I hope he can get 25+ goals but I also hope he can be plus 10-15 and do that for the first 4 years of his contract.At  35 years old I'll cut him some slack.

You hope he gets 25+ goals??He better get more than that for that term and money and he easily will get more than that.

I think we may find out his potential before the season even starts......World Cup!

If he's still got chemistry with the twins, if he's in shape,  if he's got everything JB believes he does  - it'll be clear then.

With the Sedins healthy, 30 should be pretty much an expectation.  They should not only be freshly remotivated, but the World Cup should be a great warmup and way for them to establish themselves together for the upcoming season.  The powerplay should certainly improve, not just from them but with help on the back end with a healthy Edler, improved Hutton, and incoming Larsen as well as year-older Horvat and Baertschi, plus SEL MVP Rodin.  Simply no reason the PP should not be in the top half of the league next year, and that alone will bump up the stats -- Eriksson had 10 goals on the PP alone last year.

Archived