The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Edm & Van

2 hours ago, theilluminati said:

This will be his 9th season, he'll be 27 in January and will have played over 400 NHL games...what you see is what you get and what you're ever going to get from Sbisa...

As a 3rd pairing D playing around 16 minutes the only thing to complain about with Sbisa would likely be his salary.

4 hours ago, theilluminati said:

This will be his 9th season, he'll be 27 in January and will have played over 400 NHL games...what you see is what you get and what you're ever going to get from Sbisa...

Fair enough, but Sbisa was a player who was rushed to the detriment of his development in his early years. Something we are in danger of doing here by the way. For long spells Sbisa has looked every inch a 2/3 player, especially 2 seasons ago when he held the D together when we were missing Edler Hamhuis and Tanev.

I will happily settle for that kind of form. At 27 he is just coming into his prime and we should not forget that he is not only quick and skilful but plays with a hard edge to his game which will make all the difference playing in the West.

I am amazed at how many on these boards want to see Pedan in this team, based on what we have seen, when Sbisa is head and shoulders above him in performance and likely to remain so unless Pedan unearths a game we have yet to see.

I'd have Nail Y in a heartbeat......his idol is Bure for Pete's sake.   With the right leaders and right supporting cast, I can't see why he couldn't pop 60-70 points a year.

to Van:  Yakupov

to EDM: Sbisa, Subban

EDM gets instant and future D help and VAN starts to replace their top line

Ide make this trade just to stop hearing everyone stop bitching about sbisa.

I find it a little hard to believe yak is still in Edmonton and hasnt bolted back to Russia he has taken alot of criticism there. 

Hes a bit of a risk but one i would take. 

On 7/30/2016 at 7:23 PM, whytelight said:

I'd have Nail Y in a heartbeat......his idol is Bure for Pete's sake.   With the right leaders and right supporting cast, I can't see why he couldn't pop 60-70 points a year.

In that case, we should keep Subban; 'cause his idol is...'cause just the name.

I think Yaks go back to Russia or is traded to a southern 'who gives a sh** about hockey' team.  Too much pressure playing for the hyper-critical Canadian fans.

I don't think he ever reaches #1st overall/1st line status though. 

I'd be willing to give him a change of scenery and see how he does.  I just wouldn't be willing to give up much to get him. 

The Sbisa for Yak thing has been mentioned before, and I think it would be a logical trade for both clubs. 

On 8/1/2016 at 10:52 AM, erkayloomeh said:

Ide make this trade just to stop hearing everyone stop bitching about sbisa.

I find it a little hard to believe yak is still in Edmonton and hasnt bolted back to Russia he has taken alot of criticism there. 

Hes a bit of a risk but one i would take. 

So I believe this right here answers the questions about his character. He lives in a hockey fishbowl, is poked and prodded at every turn and yet hangs in there and doesn't bail on his team. BUT...that being said...he was definitely over-drafted. I think in any other draft year (and with more scrutiny due to being drafted further down the list ie/ very few clear cut top picks get much scrutiny...it's usually the draft picks that are further down that get looked at more closely) he may have fallen to mid first round. So if the attention he received and the fan scrutiny he's been under for a few years was closer related to where he would have been drafted in any other year, I think there would have been less pressure on him to succeed so quickly and at such a high rate. Compare say for example 2012. Bo goes 9 O/A. Who would you rather have? So if Yak is in that year, he goes somewhere in the 10 to 15 range and suddenly everyone is pleased with his progress to date as opposed to ticked off because he's a #1 O/A! Semantics I suppose.

So would I take him? Sure. But only really for the 3rd. I think come December / January we'll be happy that we kept 8 d-men on the roster (typical Canucks season of D-men injuries). The following players have 2 way contracts and would NOT be subject to waiver rules:

Tryamkin**

Pedan**

Stecher

Brisebois

Subban

Cederholm

(** only 2 true NHL ready D-men)

Hutton** is also on a 2 way but I believe he would have to pass waivers (he played 75 games last year - limit for his type of contract would be 40).

So we NEED to keep Sbisa as he really is an NHL calibre d-man (even if he is overpayed for a 5/6 slot)

Tanev, Edler, Gudbranson, Hutton are our top 4. After that we have Sbisa, Biega, Tryamkin and Pedan. So as of right now we really are stretched to find 8 solid NHL d-men (I don't think we want to have to rely on some AHL-ers who aren't ready...DEC/JAN is a quarter of the season).

On 2016-07-30 at 6:25 AM, theilluminati said:

You don't know that for sure, he might make a great coach some day. You know what they say: if you can't do it, teach it. We may still not have seen the best of Sbisa after all!

This proposal seems fair, and actually makes sense for both teams.  Yakupov has been a huge disappointment so far, and might end up been one of the worst first picks if he can't turn things around (ahem Patrick Stefan).  EDM has a little more room in their forward crew with Hall gone, but they still desperately need NHL roster defenseman.  This trade works for me...make it so Benning.

On 7/30/2016 at 9:23 PM, whytelight said:

Bure was an idol to a lot of players and only a very select few ever reached that level. The constant thing about Yak is his defensive side of the game which is zero as well as being the biggest puck hog with the biggest set of blinders in the league. Do you actually think that Willie would just throw him up in the top 6?

On 7/30/2016 at 0:18 PM, alfstonker said:

Fair enough, but Sbisa was a player who was rushed to the detriment of his development in his early years. Something we are in danger of doing here by the way. For long spells Sbisa has looked every inch a 2/3 player, especially 2 seasons ago when he held the D together when we were missing Edler Hamhuis and Tanev.

I will happily settle for that kind of form. At 27 he is just coming into his prime and we should not forget that he is not only quick and skilful but plays with a hard edge to his game which will make all the difference playing in the West.

I am amazed at how many on these boards want to see Pedan in this team, based on what we have seen, when Sbisa is head and shoulders above him in performance and likely to remain so unless Pedan unearths a game we have yet to see.

I think that's because most CDC posters have no idea what they are looking at when they watch a game.  Also, the grass is always greener.  Anyone we haven't seen must be head and shoulders above anyone we have.

6 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:
On 7/30/2016 at 11:18 AM, alfstonker said:

I think that's because most CDC posters have no idea what they are looking at when they watch a game.  Also, the grass is always greener.  Anyone we haven't seen must be head and shoulders above anyone we have

CDC in a nutshell

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 2:41 AM, alfstonker said:

It amazes me how many people on here assume we will not have another injury plagued season. 2 seasons ago it was bad but last season was an injury meltdown. We are not yet in a position where we are stacked enough in Utica to "give" players like Sbisa away.

Hell we don't even know if Tryampkin or Larsen will work out or if Hutton will not have a sophomore slump.

And for Yakapov, a guy who seems far too self entitled and erratic. 

I think we have still to see the best of Sbisa. I like his skill going forward, his physicality and his selfless attitude.

It's Tryamkin. There is no p.

7 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yakopov had 8 goals last year. He needs 3 or 4 years in the KHL to mature. If were going to take a chance on a headcase I'd rather try Kane.

Absolutely.  Kane is BY FAR the better hockey play.  Yakupov, although a head case on the ice, has never had issues off the ice, has he?  He actually appears to be a good person, no?

On 7/30/2016 at 2:42 AM, alfstonker said:

Yeah and my auntie could be my uncle if she had a pair of balls.

That makes no sense. Your auntie wouldn't be an auntie but your uncle pretending to be your auntie. which is weird because apparently no one has caught on to your uncles lifestyle. 

Or that your auntie had a major reconstructive surgery to be who she or "he" had always wanted to be. So he could have something he never had before.

Now, to go offtopic for a while: 

Yakupov on the other hand already have the skills but is being held down by the environment he is in. I have no doubt he can be be transformed. 

:wacko::blink::ph34r: LOL

Archived