The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Article: Fool's game - predict top 10 goal scorers

oldnews

Not going to predict goal amount because, frankly, if people on this forum are actually choosing numbers based off of realistic projected stats, that's borderline aspergers. Instead:

Eriksson

D. Sedin
Baertschi
Etem
Horvat
Hansen
H. Sedin
Burrows
Sutter
Virtanen

Bonus prediction:

Rodin plays less than 30 games. 

9 hours ago, riffraff said:

Wow virts with 18 eh!?

id be thrilled.  Combined with his hits.  A fun player to watch.

who knows but if the team is healthier, and the blueline (imo) will have more (offensive) push than last year, I don't see why he couldn't pull that off in relatively easier minutes.

I was pretty impressed last year with his ability to blow by NHL defensemen on the rush - if he's on a third line with Horvat and another solid winger....  He may be the guy I've overestimated the most, but he's a handful that can move and put the puck in the net, so I'm guessing high.

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

who knows but if the team is healthier, and the blueline (imo) will have more (offensive) push than last year, I don't see why he couldn't pull that off in relatively easier minutes.

I was pretty impressed last year with his ability to blow by NHL defensemen on the rush - if he's on a third line with Horvat and another solid winger....  He's may be the guy I've overestimated the most, but he's a handful that can move and put the puck in the net, so I'm guessing high.

Agreed it's quite an optimistic estimate but I wouldn't say too far off....I'm thinking 14-15.  Those totals or anything higher would be an acceleration in development, imo, but if accomplished could really set a foundational for his confidence.  I think in order to achieve those numbers he would have to see some time off the fourth line with another offensively minded line mate.

3 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Agreed it's quite an optimistic estimate but I wouldn't say too far off....I'm thinking 14-15.  Those totals or anything higher would be an acceleration in development, imo, but if accomplished could really set a foundational for his confidence.  I think in order to achieve those numbers he would have to see some time off the fourth line with another offensively minded line mate.

I agree entirely.   I haven't included Rodin in my list, not because I doubt he'll make the lineup or produce, but because I haven't seen him in an NHL context, so I'm not going to make any projections.   The ones I am fool enough to make would be based on a lineup like this

Dank Hank Loui

Baer Sutter Hansen

Etem Horvat Virtanen (thinking that line -could do well with the first two eating up matchups)

Burr Granlund Dorsett

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I agree entirely.   I haven't included Rodin in my list, not because I doubt he'll make the lineup or produce, but because I haven't seen him in an NHL context, so I'm not going to make any projections.   The ones I am fool enough to make would be based on a lineup like this

Dank Hank Loui

Baer Sutter Hansen

Etem Horvat Virtanen (thinking that line -could do well with the first two eating up matchups)

Burr Granlund Dorsett

Re Rodin:. My thoughts as well.  Waiting with great anticipation but no expectations.

im liking your third line there.  Puts a bit of defensive pressure on Bo as I haven't seen consistent responsibility by jake or Emerson.  This is where face offs will be key for Bo if this is a line.  Otherwise I think it's possible for virts to succeed here

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Dank Hank Loui

Baer Sutter Hansen

Burr Granlund Dorsett

I like Baer with Sutter and Hanson as I see it playing to his strength of being a setup man.

The 3rd line as potential but who knows where Etem and Virtanen end up.

The 4th: I see both Gaunce and Rodin pushing for ice no matter what line they end up on. As a result I can easily see both Burrows and Dorsett being moved eventually. Ideally at the TDL.

IMHO the key to the season will be how well the d-core turn things around from last year.

21 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Re Rodin:. My thoughts as well.  Waiting with great anticipation but no expectations.

im liking your third line there.  Puts a bit of defensive pressure on Bo as I haven't seen consistent responsibility by jake or Emerson.  This is where face offs will be key for Bo if this is a line.  Otherwise I think it's possible for virts to succeed here

I like Etem as a two way guy - handled high d zone starts under AV - pretty mindful without the puck imo (20 takeaways in limited minutes last year) - I think between him and Horvat they should make a fairly solid defensive line.  If the team were to add that other winger they're rumored to be looking at, and they move Hansen onto that line, it would make for one hell of a two way line (but might land Virtanen in Utica).

Eriksson >25 <35

D Sedin >25 <28

Horvat >15 <22

Baerstchi >15 <22

Sutter >15 <22

Hansen >15 <20

H Sedin >12 <18

Etem >10 <15

Larsen >8 <12

Burrows >8 <12

Virtanen >5 <10

Edler >5 <9

Granlund >4 <8

Gudbranson >4 <8

Dorsett >2 <5

Hutton >2 <5

Tryamkin >2 <5

Sbisa >2 <5

Rodin ? If he plays >60 games >10 <18

At worse 184, at best if everyone nails it 279, likely 215.

Predictions if said player plays all 82 games (not all will, but, if they make the team/dont get injured, what I think they'd be on pace for (goals / points):

Eriksson 35 / 65 points

D Sedin 25 / 70 points

H Sedin 12 / 70 points

Horvat 20 / 50 points

Baerstchi 20 / 50 points

Rodin 18 / 40 points

Sutter 18 / 42 points

Hansen 16 / 36 points

Etem 15 / 35 points

Virtanen 15 / 36 points

Burrows 8 / 28 points

Granlund 10 / 30 points

Dorsett 6 / 22 points

Edler 8 / 35 points

Tanev 5 / 20 points

Gudbranson 4 / 18 points

Hutton 6 / 42 points

Tryamkin 5 / 15 points

Larsen 5 / 25 points

Sbisa 3 / 12 points

Stetcher 5 / 20 points

Subban 5 / 20 points

Markstrom .920% / 2.5 GAA

Miller .912% / 2.75 GAA

yes I'm expecting an unexpected big year from all our youngins :P

5 hours ago, oldnews said:

Dank Hank Loui

Baer Sutter Hansen

Burr Granlund Dorsett

I really like this lineup. I feel like Baertschi and Etem are the serious questions. Canucks fans have always been fraught with just projecting things that are sometimes baseless. Personally I think it's insane for the Couv to be insisting Horvat is third line, earn your stripes kid like. If Vancouver actually sees this kid as their future hero (as he should be - I miss Schneider a lot but we got a good player) they need to let him wander into the wolves and develop ideas in his head about being a top 6 or even a first liner. 

D.Sedin 29

Loui 26

Hansen 24

Horvat 20

Baertschi 17

Rodin 15

Sutter 14

Etem 12

H.Sedin 11

Granlund 9

So Loui not first in goal scoring because I see him being used on the 2nd line with Hansen riding shotgun with the twins again sadly. Also no Virtanen because I think he plays 20 minutes a night in Utica on the top line. Better for his development in Utica being the man over playing 9 minutes a game while getting scratched every other game.

Archived