The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dumbest Thing You Have Done When You Were Drunk?

nux4lyfe

god, this thread is like an extrovert's wet dream. i need a time out just reading some of these exhausting fratboy tales

the worst i've done, even at my drunkest, is probably send an inappropriate text message or two - and maybe given one or two gals more attention than they were worth

38 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I think those cages have gotten the best of a few people. They're always good entertainment.

Yeah. Was probably really entertaining for people to see a 6'3'' 240 lbs guy dance his heart out to a Backstreet boys song inside a cage.

I was huffing and puffing by the time the song ended.

2 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

god, this thread is like an extrovert's wet dream. i need a time out just reading some of these exhausting fratboy tales

the worst i've done, even at my drunkest, is probably send an inappropriate text message or two - and maybe given one or two gals more attention than they were worth

I like your style! Whenever I drink I just go to sleep. 

I was 18 in college living in Belltown.  My friend and I threw a party, and decided to take a spin in our shopping cart. We had the shopping cart for a week, and found it on the street. We were drunk, and rolled down 2nd AVE, and went to 3rd, and where the Rite Aid is, was a cop car.  The officer says something over his intercom, and I was not paying attention, and proceeded to roll in front of him.  He gets out of his car, and asks us what we are doing, and where we got the shopping cart.  I told him we found it, and he did not believe us, and then I said - dude, we found it! He got so pissed off and threatened me with jail.  All I could think of was how much is this going to cost?  Then he asked us where the shopping cart belonged to.  I didn't know, and then I saw the store name on the cart, and said - Quality Food Centers, oh QFC! The officer had enough of us, and gave us a comparison to a lost wallet to a shopping cart, asking us what would we do.  My friend asked him what a wallet have to do with a shopping cart?!  Then he got mad and told us to park the shopping cart.  We were like - okay... We parked it, and half way back to our apartment, I told my friend I wanted the shopping cart back, so we walked back all cautious, making sure we did not see the same cop. We got our shopping cart, my friend hopped in, and we rolled fast home, until we saw another shopping cart. Then we had 2 shopping carts, and rolled them back to our apartment fast, back to our party. 

I once told a bunch of drunk stories in the confessions thread. People either didn't believe me or thought I was full of crap. 

I once woke up in a bathtub wrapped in a shower curtain with a pounding headache and my pants and underwear around my ankles. I had no idea where I was and how I got there. I gathered myself, and found my way out the door. It took me about 30mins to finally figure out what street and part of town I was in. Let's just say it was the really, really bad part of town. I actually did this pretty often back in those days because the only people that would do the amount of hard drugs and alcohol as me on a Wednesday night lived there. Anyway, back to the shower curtain. As I was walking home I started to have flashback. Small pieces of what happened and ultimately ended my night. Turns out a aboriginal woman between the ages of 50-65 had my pants down in the bathroom. I assumed I fell over backwards into the shower and knocked myself out. But it turns out her son walked in on us, took the lid off the toilet tank and smoked me on the head with it. 

Keep in mind that this was just a regular Wednesday. As a recovering alcoholic I have endless stories that I couldn't possibly censor enough to even share. 

I once woke up on a empty bus with the bus driver shaking me trying to wake me up. I was at the Winnipeg bus depot. I lived 5 hrs away, easily 6 on the bus in Yorkton Saskatchewan. I still have no idea how I got on that bus and ended up in Winnipeg. 

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I once told a bunch of drunk stories in the confessions thread. People either didn't believe me or thought I was full of crap. 

I once woke up in a bathtub wrapped in a shower curtain with a pounding headache and my pants and underwear around my ankles. I had no idea where I was and how I got there. I gathered myself, and found my way out the door. It took me about 30mins to finally figure out what street and part of town I was in. Let's just say it was the really, really bad part of town. I actually did this pretty often back in those days because the only people that would do the amount of hard drugs and alcohol as me on a Wednesday night lived there. Anyway, back to the shower curtain. As I was walking home I started to have flashback. Small pieces of what happened and ultimately ended my night. Turns out a aboriginal woman between the ages of 50-65 had my pants down in the bathroom. I assumed I fell over backwards into the shower and knocked myself out. But it turns out her son walked in on us, took the lid off the toilet tank and smoked me on the head with it. 

Keep in mind that this was just a regular Wednesday. As a recovering alcoholic I have endless stories that I couldn't possibly censor enough to even share. 

I once woke up on a empty bus with the bus driver shaking me trying to wake me up. I was at the Winnipeg bus depot. I lived 5 hrs away, easily 6 on the bus in Yorkton Saskatchewan. I still have no idea how I got on that bus and ended up in Winnipeg. 

Pretty much wraps it up here.

:towel:

1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

LOL!

Please tell more. If they too crazy to post here PM me. I want details. 

Also what pages of the confession thread? No way I scroll through all 88 pages, as much as I love hearing these kinds of stories. 

9 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

LOL!

Please tell more. If they too crazy to post here PM me. I want details. 

Also what pages of the confession thread? No way I scroll through all 88 pages, as much as I love hearing these kinds of stories. 

This is from confessions, the other stuff pissed people off too much. JR of course was All like "you have severe mental issues" people from the rest of Canada will never understand the stupid crap small town sask kids did. 

would agree that I'm mental to a degree. It all came down to making people laugh.

I would also do a lot of stuff naked, we use to go to Roblin Manitoba when we were 18 cause the drinking age was 19 in sask and my hometown was like 30mins west. Anyway, we use to go to the peelers on Thursday night and I sat at a table for quite a few hours with no pants or underwear on so I could pee under the table without losing my spot. It was going pretty well until I peed on the waitresses feet. She freaked out. The bouncers came and dragged me out with no pants on then beat the hell out of me in the parking lot. My friends couldn't help me because they were laughing so hard. I guess I was kicking and screaming with my stuff flopping around. They still bring it up all the time when I make it back home.

I grew up in Saskatchewan and as bad as that behaviour was it wasn't really out of the norm.

We have also taken heavy equipment for joy rides. Started up a D-6 cat one time put it in gear and jumped out of it, and watched it drive into a ducks unlimited marsh. That helped my self esteem a lot.

13 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

I've never done anything dumb while drunk.

I've only done things that are startlingly brilliant yet devoid of all meaning, punctuated by moments of pure serenity.

Sounds like you could drink your way to financial independence. Which would probably a first for man kind.

i suggest documenting these achievements.  And putting them into action or production.

18 hours ago, riffraff said:

Sounds like you could drink your way to financial independence. Which would probably a first for man kind.

i suggest documenting these achievements.  And putting them into action or production.

As a bartender, I'm well on my way to achieving this goal.

2 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

One time, three of my friends and I got hammered and went to a gas station in Rio to use the restroom. We ended up trashing it and some security guard forced us to pay up. We then told the IOC that we were robbed at gunpoint.

Oh, wait...

Nice hair though ::D 

I think we should also have a category that leaves off the "when you were drunk".

The dumbest thing I ever did had a huge impact on how I went into things after that.  My first panic attack(s), and I learned to think things through before going ahead with them.

I was fourteen.  I loved Led Zeppelin...my boyfriend and I both...it was "our" music.  He was my childhood sweetheart and we'd marry years later. 

He was sent back to England by his parents for misbehaving.  Sent to a farm to live with relatives to "cool his jets", as a rebellious boy.

I was determined to see the show in Seattle, even if without him....I had to.  Got a ticket, along with friends...one of whom had an older brother who'd agreed to take/drive us to the show and back.  It was one of the first (and only) times I lied to (or withheld the truth from) my parents, who thought the show was in Van.

The night before the concert, Marion's brother changed plans and was no longer driving.  He got rid of Marion's ticket for her.  I had mine.

Back in the day, everyone gathered and hung out at McDonalds so I headed there on the day of the show to pose my "what should I do now?" question to the meatheads I hung around with.  Who quickly came up with the brainless idea for me to hitchhike there.  "It's easy".  "It's not that far".  Etc.  BS

Hitchhiking was common back then....it was a way we got places if we didn't have a ride.  So it wasn't that ridiculous an idea.  Or so I thought.

Had never been to Seattle.  Had about $8 in my pocket.  Off I went.  Didn't even bat an eye or consider the "what if's".

Got a ride across the border (no passports needed back then), then stuck out my thumb on the I-5 in Blaine.  A guy picked me up...had a flat of beer beside him and kept pushing for me to have one.  I didn't.

I knew enough to know we had to stay on the highway until we hit Seattle exits.  But somewhere just past Bellingham he took an exit.  I was concerned immediately.  I questioned why he wasn't staying on the I-5 and he told me had to do something.  Not to worry, it'd be quick.

I got a sick feeling in my stomach in seeing that the isolated road we turned onto had NOTHING but fields and a large barn way off in the distance.  Red flags all over the place for me.

I knew this was not a good predicament...I sensed it.

As he had to slow down for a railroad crossing that had a stopsign at it, I jumped out and ran like hell in the other direction.  I was terrified and kept looking back but he didn't turn around.

I got back to the I-5 and, like an idiot and without knowing what else to do, I stuck my thumb back out.  A van with potheads picked me up and took me right to the Kingdome.  I felt sick.  An overwhelming fear came over me in the realization that I'd have to get home alone.  In the dark.  It was my first ever panic attack. 

As I stood on the floor and the concert started, I couldnt shake the terror I was feeling.  Then I heard someone call "Deb".  I desperately hoped I did.  And, sure enough, there were 3 friends of my boyfriend's who'd driven out for the show and would drive me home afterward.

It wasn't until years later when I was watching a documentary on the Green River killings that I froze and the hair stood up on my arms.  I'm convinced it was him. 

True story.  Dumbest of the dumb things ever.  And it could have had disastrous results.

I mostly was the DD for the drunks in our group...have stories of them mostly....

Archived