The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Monday Nov 14th Practice Update

Ossi Vaananen

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

so why the f#$& do you bring him back up if he's just going to be the extra fwd then?

Maybe they could have kept him down for the Wednesday game as well, but with usually a longer mid-week break in the AHL they wanted to get him back up and with the team I guess.

It take a few games to find your groove on any team in any league. It seemed like he got his legs under him in his second game in Utica. It's quite possible he was on the verge of breaking out and finding that confidence there. Now he gets to come back up and watch hockey. This is not how you develop a bluechip prospect :(

3 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

It take a few games to find your groove on any team in any league. It seemed like he got his legs under him in his second game in Utica. It's quite possible he was on the verge of breaking out and finding that confidence there. Now he gets to come back up and watch hockey. This is not how you develop a bluechip prospect :(

This is beyond ridiculous.  I'll be "developing" as well as Virtanen on Tuesday when I watch the hockey game too.

2 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

it feels like the scene from "Moneyball" where Billy Bean goes out and gets the guys he wants on his team, but his manager refuses to play those guys and you get a push/pull situation between the GM and the coach.

Just now, khay said:

This team's treatment of Virtanen is puzzling. He needs minutes. 

Well lost to many on here, is that he was being tested on the PK. That could open up a tonne of minutes, as i'm sure his speed would be useful in a PK role. 

I figured they'd sit him vs. the Rangers, don't change a winning line-up. I fully expect to see him return to the lineup by the weekend however. 

6 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

This is beyond ridiculous.  I'll be "developing" as well as Virtanen on Tuesday when I watch the hockey game too.

Relax sparky.

Utica plays on Wednesday. if we kept him in Utica for that game he would likely not be able to play the Thursday game after a late game and flight across the country. this just means he is in on Thursday . 

Just now, Gooseberries said:

Relax sparky.

Utica plays on Wednesday. if we kept him in Utica for that game he would likely not be able to play the Thursday game after a late game and flight across the country. this just means he is in on Thursday . 

Who comes out for JV to get in though?  No way Skille sits; he's too good. B)

Archived