The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Com'on people, 17 games, really

Inge34

2 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

I thought briefly about making a post like this, but I never got farther than "CDC is full of baseless opinions.  As we know, opinions are like ***holes; everyone's got one, and in general they stink."  I thought that might get to the core of the issue and then thought it might be too inflamatory, but thanks for taking the time to give a well thought out response to the flaming idiocy that tries ineptly to disguise itself as hockey analysis around here.  The few well thought out posts that think about things like "how exactly do you propose to trade the Sedins when you consider cap space and NTC's" or "What exactly do you mean by a rebuild that we aren't doing already?" are few and far between.  Mostly it's posts, expecially after a loss, moaning about WD, or the fact that JV isn't a star yet and it's all WD and JB's fault, or JB's fault for picking a guy at #6 that isn't a star yet.  How do you trade Burrows at all given his cap hit???

I feel your pain, but appreciate the effort you've made in your post.  I wonder how many (if any) will read the whole thing before nattering on again about their favourite topic of contention.

Can't let this stupid comment slide... You identify this forum as being rampant with idiocy and then suggest "what is a rebuild that we aren't doing already?" Is a comment a "smart" commenter would make.  Signing Eriksson comes to mind.. so does trading McCann and a 2nd. So does repeatedly publicly stating we are not rebuilding many times over.

Opinions really are like ***holes. If I had to guess I'd say your one of the guys that uses the phrase "real" fans to describe rose colored glasses wearing cheerleaders

6 minutes ago, danjr said:

6 million for 10 goals is just a little bit of overpayment.

Hell I got super mad when they geve Sergio Momesso a million.

If I had the money I would pay to not have Eriksson play and live with the disappointment that he has brought me thus far in the season.  Right now he is in my personal top ten for worst signings ever made by Vancouver.  I am sure by the end of the season he will be #1.

Not talking about Eriksson are you? That number would be 8 million, not 6 million.

17 games leaving 65.

Estimated 95 points needed for playoffs

Current points total = 13 points

So, in the next 65 games this team needs, around 82 points, they need to win 41 of the next 65 games, or get a whole lot of loser points.

What plan?

20 minutes ago, danjr said:

6 million for 10 goals is just a little bit of overpayment.

Hell I got super mad when they geve Sergio Momesso a million.

If I had the money I would pay to not have Eriksson play and live with the disappointment that he has brought me thus far in the season.  Right now he is in my personal top ten for worst signings ever made by Vancouver.  I am sure by the end of the season he will be #1.

I think that you are one of the ridiculously impatient fans that the OP was talking about.  Chill out a bit and maybe support the team instead of constantly dumping on it just to make yourself feel better.  Canucks "fans" are worse than the haters sometimes.  GCG!

1 minute ago, nux_win said:

I think that you are one of the ridiculously impatient fans that the OP was talking about.  Chill out a bit and maybe support the team instead of constantly dumping on it just to make yourself feel better.  Canucks "fans" are worse than the haters sometimes.  GCG!

There are few people on this planet who have been Canucks fans longer than I.  I used to listen to Canucks games on the radio in the 70's. 

I have earned the right to occasionally complain....especially when it is warranted.

3 minutes ago, nux_win said:

When you pay a guy $8 Million Dollars and he's on pace for less than 30 points, that's a warranted criticism. 

Just now, danjr said:

There are few people on this planet who have been Canucks fans longer than I.  I used to listen to Canucks games on the radio in the 70's. 

I have earned the right to occasionally complain....especially when it is warranted.

Exactly.

You criticize the team at all and you aren't considered a real fan. This team isn't elite anymore, but don't you dare point that out!

The Eriksson signing, SO FAR, has been terrible.

The Management with their contradictions..."This is a playoff team!"...."Oh, we are doing a re-tool on the fly" enter: Dealing picks and prospects for players you eventually waive.

The frustration is warranted, IMO....shouldn't make me less of a fan because we have opinions that differ.

12 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Can't let this stupid comment slide... You identify this forum as being rampant with idiocy and then suggest "what is a rebuild that we aren't doing already?" Is a comment a "smart" commenter would make.  Signing Eriksson comes to mind.. so does trading McCann and a 2nd. So does repeatedly publicly stating we are not rebuilding many times over.

Opinions really are like ***holes. If I had to guess I'd say your one of the guys that uses the phrase "real" fans to describe rose colored glasses wearing cheerleaders

I can't let this moronic response slide.  You can't come up with something logical the team could do right now to rebuild so you get into your time machine and look at past decisions.  But I'll bite, lets look at those deals.  McCann, a guy who is an AHLer at best right now and may one day develop into an NHLer and another guy who might not ever play a game in the show for a 24 year old solid D with a solid track record who was a 3rd overall draft pick.  Sure, his +/- (a meaningless stat out of context) sucks right now, but he's paired with a sophomore who's been coughing up pucks, losing his checks and bleeding chances.  But yeah, we should blame Gudbranson for that (and for Markstrom's sieve like performance against the Rangers - no slight on Marky, it's just one game).  Next, lets look at the Eriksson signing.  He's had a bad start to the Season, but he's a strong player who generates chances, plays solid defensively, is good on the PK and will likely get back to what we'd expect to see from him.  I think there was too much hype for a Sedin revival with him here, and he's likely being overpaid, but it's not going to cripple a rebuilding team that will be dropping most of the other high cap guys in the next few years.  He's currently 6th in team scoring and will likely finish 3rd or 4th.

10 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

Exactly.

You criticize the team at all and you aren't considered a real fan. This team isn't elite anymore, but don't you dare point that out!

The Eriksson signing, SO FAR, has been terrible.

I like how you emphasise so far in that post.  It's much smarter than those who will say a 6 year deal with the guy is terrible because the first 3.6% hasn't been good.  For sure the team isn't elite any more, and I don't think anyone realistically expected they would be.  But they did have the look early of a team that might just grab a playoff spot, and thus be a good place for young players to learn the game in a winning atmosphere.  

I'm not going to weigh in on any of the issues, because yeah, and no, and whatever and just f*&k it, really.

Losing sucks, but we're exactly where we should be right now, we've earned this fricken basement and we'll be here for a while, so buckle up b****es, it's not about to get more positive around here.

Shut up and drink

9 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

I can't let this moronic response slide.  You can't come up with something logical the team could do right now to rebuild so you get into your time machine and look at past decisions.  But I'll bite, lets look at those deals.  McCann, a guy who is an AHLer at best right now and may one day develop into an NHLer and another guy who might not ever play a game in the show for a 24 year old solid D with a solid track record who was a 3rd overall draft pick.  Sure, his +/- (a meaningless stat out of context) sucks right now, but he's paired with a sophomore who's been coughing up pucks, losing his checks and bleeding chances.  But yeah, we should blame Gudbranson for that (and for Markstrom's sieve like performance against the Rangers - no slight on Marky, it's just one game).  Next, lets look at the Eriksson signing.  He's had a bad start to the Season, but he's a strong player who generates chances, plays solid defensively, is good on the PK and will likely get back to what we'd expect to see from him.  I think there was too much hype for a Sedin revival with him here, and he's likely being overpaid, but it's not going to cripple a rebuilding team that will be dropping most of the other high cap guys in the next few years.  He's currently 6th in team scoring and will likely finish 3rd or 4th.

You literally just made my point. I'm saying those were moves that a rebuilding team WOULDN'T MAKE. Of course Eriksson was expected to produce more and STILL IS. Yes, Gudbranson was expected to be better than he has been. That's my point.

The leafs REBUILT, they traded veterans and big contracts for prospects and picks... That's a rebuild. All the moves the canucks have made look like exactly what they claim it is. A RETOOL.

Just now, Davathor said:

You literally just made my point. I'm saying those were moves that a rebuilding team WOULDN'T MAKE. Of course Eriksson was expected to produce more and STILL IS.

The leafs REBUILT, they traded veterans and big contracts for prospects and picks. That's a rebuild. All the moves the canucks have made look like exactly what they claim it is. A RETOOL.

The leafs TANKED for a DECADE and weren't hampered by NTC's almost across the board for their VETERANs.  SEE?  I can use all CAPITALS too, because it makes me more CORRECT.  Now propose what trades you'd make and with who so I can shoot it down as unrealistic nonsense.

Archived