The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Talking of past draft picks such as Rodin I see Jensen was player of the week in The AHL and now has 12 + 7 in 29 games for Hartford. In Utica has 4 + 8 in 27 games

glad to see that Jensen is doing better with Hartford. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Talking of past draft picks such as Rodin I see Jensen was player of the week in The AHL and now has 12 + 7 in 29 games for Hartford. In Utica has 4 + 8 in 27 games

Was always intrigued by his overall skill set. Etem has been decent for us though. 

25 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Was always intrigued by his overall skill set. Etem has been decent for us though. 

The Jensen / Etem trade is an example of one that you want to see as a win-win. Rangers play in a different conference, and it would feel good knowing the Canucks didn't pick a bust, and even though they traded him also got a quality player back in return. 

Etem plays a lot of even strength minutes, 4th on the team behind the Sedins & Hansen. Only 40 seconds less per game than team leader Daniel Sedin. 1.6 hits per game. Nothing spectacular but an NHL player at least with good upside. 

Not a lot of 29th overall picks are any good. Steve Downie, who is a 28 year old who was sent down to the AHL from the Coyotes sits 7th all time in scoring for a 29th pick. Sure there is Green & Kronwall, but they don't come around too often. 

Edited by canucklehead44
  • Upvote 2

Remmwber when management said they were gonna draft Rodin in first round but Schroeder slipped so they couldn't pass on him, and ended up with Rodin after too.

interesting tho, we all thought he was a bust 

3 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Remmwber when management said they were gonna draft Rodin in first round but Schroeder slipped so they couldn't pass on him, and ended up with Rodin after too.

interesting tho, we all thought he was a bust 

We could have taken him in the first round and it wouldn't have made a difference apparently.

3 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

SEL is better than the Swiss league

Actually, the Suisse league pays higher salaries than the SHL, therefore they get the better international players.  i hope Rodin comes over and is a star.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Actually, the Suisse league pays higher salaries than the SHL, therefore they get the better international players.  i hope Rodin comes over and is a star.  

No it's not. That's like saying the MLS is a better league than the Seria A  in Italy. Just because it pays better doesn't mean the completion is better