The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

6 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I assume you actually understand this but are just trolling since you don't want to admit your wrong. Accept it or not. I don't care. Back door deals will happen. It was a huge issue last expansion. Nhl tried to prevent some of this from happening but there's only so much they can do and they will still happen again this time. Canuck would be smart to explore there options as well

Admit I was wrong? Wrong about what? Everything I've said is plain as day. I was the one who was trying to educate you on the rules that you clearly think you are smarter than. You went on to repeat the same rules that I told you back to me. Who is trolling who?

http://www.tsn.ca/concerns-about-nhl-expansion-draft-emerge-1.609388

"There has to be a high level of diligence to make sure those things don't happen and to make sure people know there will be significant penalties imposed if they were to screw around with the rules,'' Daly said.

Daly said violators of the expansion rules forgo a first-round draft pick, so penalties in the same vein would be "appropriate." New Jersey Devils GM Ray Shero insisted anyone would be crazy to attempt that type of circumvention.

Is the chance of maybe keeping rodin (while still losing another player) worth losing our first rounder for? Your tinfoil conspiracy theories are a bit much for me. Pretty sure I've said everything that needs to be said. Btw you might want to troll Ray Shero next, he called you crazy.

*Sorry to anyone else reading this for hijacking rodins thread with this machination debunking.*

Edited by coryberg
disclaimer

16 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Admit I was wrong? Wrong about what? Everything I've said is plain as day. I was the one who was trying to educate you on the rules that you clearly think you are smarter than. You went on to repeat the same rules that I told you back to me. Who is trolling who?

http://www.tsn.ca/concerns-about-nhl-expansion-draft-emerge-1.609388

Is the chance of maybe keeping rodin (while still losing another player) worth losing our first rounder for? Your tinfoil conspiracy theories are a bit much for me. Pretty sure I've said everything that needs to be said. Btw you might want to troll Ray Shero next, he called you crazy.

*Sorry to anyone else reading this for hijacking rodins thread with this machination debunking.*

This is a Rodin thread. That means discussion with him in expansion draft. The fact that you found a tsk article on it shows how real of a option it is. And if you read the entire article. McPhee even stated he was worried about teams exploring that. So that my friend is game, set and match. Game over. 

17 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

This is a Rodin thread. That means discussion with him in expansion draft. The fact that you found a tsk article on it shows how real of a option it is. And if you read the entire article. McPhee even stated he was worried about teams exploring that. So that my friend is game, set and match. Game over. 

Not worth risking the penalty on a player who might not even become an nhl regular. The whole idea of a secret handshake deal is pretty silly.

On 12/24/2016 at 9:16 PM, HockeyHarry said:

So what's the deal with this guy.....is he healthy yet. When can we see him make his first NHL Canucks start.

On 12/24/2016 at 9:28 PM, Sean Monahan said:

Sarcasm?

On 12/24/2016 at 9:32 PM, HockeyHarry said:

No......has he played? I've missed the last few games.

On 12/24/2016 at 9:53 PM, Sean Monahan said:

He played against Calgary 

I can understand why @Sean Monahan thought this question might be sarcasm. Rodin played, but was hard to notice as he did not do anything. WD pretty much stapled him to the bench for the second half of the game. He finished with about 7 minutes of TOI. His stat line was all zeros except for 1 blocked shot.

Guys with Rodin's type of background rarely make it in the NHL. And the tendon damage and surgery are a big negative. He may have a full recovery in terms of normal use but if he loses a bit of speed or quickness on his skates long term (as is possible or even likely) it can have a big negative effect.

In any case, he did nothing in his NHL debut. And he was so-so in Utica. He will generate very little if any interest from Las Vegas or anyone else as a UFA. (Yes, he scored a few points in pre-season, joining a long list of players who have a pretty good pre-season and never amount to anything in the NHL. Anyone remember Sergei Shirikov?)

In my opinion, the Canucks do not need to worry about "locking him up", entering into "backdoor deals" or anything else, because he unlikely to be a impact player in the NHL. 

I could of course be wrong and I hope I am. Maybe he lights things up in the second half of the year. But I would take long odds against that happening based on his career so far and his injury.

Coming in the season late from injuries, on a team that score - I don't expect Rodin to light the world on fire. Maybe something like 10-15 points in 35-45 games. We will have to expose one of Granlund or Hansen - either one would likely be a more attractive target for Vegas if they don't end up snagging Sbisa. 

27 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Coming in the season late from injuries, on a team that score - I don't expect Rodin to light the world on fire. Maybe something like 10-15 points in 35-45 games. 

I expect this as well. I'd love for him to explode onto the scene, but it's not a realistic expectation.

Anyone have any idea why he has not played the last 2 games? He was brought back to help with scoring for a team that has big troubles scoring. His first and only game he plays 7 minutes. I recall reading that while he was in Utica for his conditioning stint that the coaches were raving about his speed and puck skills. Sounds like something the Canucks could sorely use. Not sure why they wouldn't try him with the Sedin's instead of a a plug like Megna.

Where is Rodin????

7 minutes ago, Hockey Stache said:

Anyone have any idea why he has not played the last 2 games? He was brought back to help with scoring for a team that has big troubles scoring. His first and only game he plays 7 minutes. I recall reading that while he was in Utica for his conditioning stint that the coaches were raving about his speed and puck skills. Sounds like something the Canucks could sorely use. Not sure why they wouldn't try him with the Sedin's instead of a a plug like Megna.

Where is Rodin????

I would like to know too? Did he get injured again?

So much hope and excitement about a player who has played in 1 NHL game. All I know was that he was banged up playing for the AHL Wolves and again in the SEL. Yet on CDC you have fans wanting to move Baer or Granlund in order to play Rodin.

I hope he plays against the Oilers as I do want to see his game. Sit Megna and play Rodin. I'm interested but far from convinced.

14 hours ago, Hockey Stache said:

Where is Rodin????

Forgot where I heard it (tv/radio), but I do remember hearing they wanted to give him some practice time to get him familiarized with the team and into a little better game shape.  Just like Tryamkin, I'm sure he'll get his chance.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Forgot where I heard it (tv/radio), but I do remember hearing they wanted to give him some practice time to get him familiarized with the team and into a little better game shape.  Just like Tryamkin, I'm sure he'll get his chance.

I tweeted Patterson this question this morning.  We'll see if he responds.

Rodin played the fewest minutes by far of all the Canucks (a little over 7 minutes) against Calgary.  My impression was wow, is this guy fast.  Next thing he was relegated to the 4th line.  It was probably a little early for him to come back and his knee was bothering him.  

There's nothing to lose with this guy.  I think they should be as patient as they can with his rehab.  He's way faster than Baer and just as skilled (maybe more).

Edited by Crabcakes
  • Upvote 1