The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Red Wings F Drew Miller

Mackcanuck

It seems like a natural process to me...claim Miller now, deal the other Miller at TDL.

Come to think of it...it sounds like Friday night. Miller in, Miller out.

Just kidding...don't need another Miller...we're full (the joke name that just keeps on giving).

1 hour ago, Type R said:

I'm not sure about that, I do find Skille is an upgrade on Dorsett.

Skille, no pun intended, is better with the puck.  And its not like he "lacks" energy? I would have to check the stats, but would guess is better at the fancy stats. Can make more subtle plays certainly.

Dorsett does bring a certain something to the team.  I''m not talking about fighting either.  Few guys anywhere go over the boards flying, determined to bust into puck battles, skating their arses off as Derek does. 

I still like Dorsett.

2 hours ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

Why on earth would we sign an over 30 grinder on a team rich in younger grinders.  We already have Dorsett who can barley slot in, Miller is pretty much the same.  It won't happen and nor should it, it wouldn't make any sense.

If Miller is pretty much the same, then we could off load Dorsett's salary for some late picks and claim Drew Miller. Unless we have a legit shot at the playoffs, another team would be better off with his grinding abilities.

4 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Skille, no pun intended, is better with the puck.  And its not like he "lacks" energy? I would have to check the stats, but would guess is better at the fancy stats. Can make more subtle plays certainly.

Dorsett does bring a certain something to the team.  I''m not talking about fighting either.  Few guys anywhere go over the boards flying, determined to bust into puck battles, skating their arses off as Derek does. 

I still like Dorsett.

Agreed.  I'm just not sure if hes worth the contract he's on.  But you are right, he is fearless, and brings an edge.  Leadership qualities are there too

Archived