The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

9 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Ohh there was a priceless moment when Sutter skates of the ice an goes to the bench and Goldy is sitting there and had to skoonch over.. it was a classic have absolutely no direct eye contact moment.  I think I remember the losing teams of the 80's and 90's when there was a agony over losing so much and guys would blame and back talk other guys. The dressing room negativity is going to leak out I guess.

I think it's possible to say that Sutter may feel threatened by Goldobrin..

would be better, and be a remarkable move if Sutter told Desjardins that he wanted to play with Goldobrin,. Sometimes that animosity can bring players together tightly.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Ohh there was a priceless moment when Sutter skates of the ice an goes to the bench and Goldy is sitting there and had to skoonch over.. it was a classic have absolutely no direct eye contact moment.  I think I remember the losing teams of the 80's and 90's when there was a agony over losing so much and guys would blame and back talk other guys. The dressing room negativity is going to leak out I guess.

Just saw Goldy's goal tonight against the Coyotes,.  Sutter must be pissed ;) 

• Upvote 2

This kid has some impressive offensive instincts! Not only did his goal tonight show great hand eye coordination, but also that once again he knows where to be on ice to get the chances. 

He made some slick feeds too. 

Obviously his d-game needs work and adding some strength will be important too, but both of those can be worked on. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

As good as Granlund has looked with them, I'd not be opposed to keeping Goldy with them next year too. May as well have all the Ozone start players on one line :lol:

Baertschi-Horvat Boeser

Eriksson-Granlund-Goldy

Sedins-Sutter

Could be fun to watch actually and Id like to see Granlund play centre again

On 4/5/2017 at 10:54 PM, terrible.dee said:

Nobody has a problem with Sutter critiquing Goldy or thinks Goldy's play has been anything near acceptable,

On 4/5/2017 at 10:58 PM, terrible.dee said:

Sutter does not have sufficient respect to do that kind of call out, his own game needs a massive "Balls" transplant, he should call HIMSELF out, his intensity level is pathetic and has a lot to do with the "Blah" identity of this team, 

On 4/5/2017 at 11:01 PM, terrible.dee said:

We have a GM who is in way over his head and is being taken to the cleaners right and left, Goldy shouldn't be here because Benning shouldn't have made such a horrible deal,

But Benning is not even close to being smart enough to be an NHL GM so what do you expect

Who sent for Krusty?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Baertschi-Horvat Boeser

Eriksson-Granlund-Goldy

Sedins-Sutter

Could be fun to watch actually and Id like to see Granlund play centre again

As much as I'd love another offensive line, Granlund's not good enough on draws to play C IMO. And no way I put Sutter back with the twins. He bring more playing C on a match up line.

Baer, Horvat, Boeser/Eriksson

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund/Goldy

...is our top 6 next year as of right now IMO (Sutter as 3C). Though I'm hopeful we can move something like Baer and a D for that elusive, young C...

Edited by J.R.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aliboy said:

He had a good game, more engaged, made some very good plays, better position, nice goal. All he has to do is keep improving and he can have some off nights.

Thought so too, but I did catch him floating around at times la the end of a shift or if he felt he was too far away from the puck.  He's definitely crafty with the puck and smart enough to read plays well.  If he can add some hustle and tenacity to his game he could become a great addition (I think that's all Sutter really wants to see as well).  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

As much as I'd love another offensive line, Granlund's not good enough on draws to play C IMO. And no way I put Sutter back with the twins. He bring more playing C on a match up line.

Baer, Horvat, Boeser/Eriksson

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund/Goldy

...is our top 6 next year as of right now IMO (Sutter as 3C). Though I'm hopeful we can move something like Baer and a D for that elusive, young C...

The reason I actually mentioned Sutter with the Sedins is because he plays well there. I would be fine with moving Baertschi but would rather move Sutter if we can. Sutter+Hutton for ?.. Although we haven't seen much of him, Shore seems to be playing well and could be our 3rd/4th line centre next year but I think if Granlund can play C and practice face-offs more he could be a #2C. Not an elite 2 C but a good one with the right line mates. Honestly I don't think this team can move forward and be competitive with the Sedins still here. They are still great players but we need those spots for younger up and coming guys. It would be awesome if they were traded but don't see it happening. Also don't see them being resigned after next year.

Baer-Horvat-Boeser

Eriksson-Granlund-Goldy

11 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Thought so too, but I did catch him floating around at times la the end of a shift or if he felt he was too far away from the puck.  He's definitely crafty with the puck and smart enough to read plays well.  If he can add some hustle and tenacity to his game he could become a great addition (I think that's all Sutter really wants to see as well).  

The kid looked dangerous on several occasions last night.  I'm still not sold on him as an NHL player, be there is no doubt he has elite skills.

• Upvote 1

Didn't watch the game, but did watch the highlights. He definitely seems to have some skill and seems to have the mind of a goal scorer. Hopefully other things don't drag him down.

33 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

He simply needs to use his speed, as you say hustle, to play good positional hockey when we don't have the puck. If he does that he'll have a very good career in the NHL.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

The reason I actually mentioned Sutter with the Sedins is because he plays well there. I would be fine with moving Baertschi but would rather move Sutter if we can. Sutter+Hutton for ?.. Although we haven't seen much of him, Shore seems to be playing well and could be our 3rd/4th line centre next year but I think if Granlund can play C and practice face-offs more he could be a #2C. Not an elite 2 C but a good one with the right line mates. Honestly I don't think this team can move forward and be competitive with the Sedins still here. They are still great players but we need those spots for younger up and coming guys. It would be awesome if they were traded but don't see it happening. Also don't see them being resigned after next year.

Baer-Horvat-Boeser

Eriksson-Granlund-Goldy

Sutter historically has roughly the same offensive production playing with offensive players as with defensive ones or even plugs. But he's a far more effective player defensively when played with better defensive players. IMO, he should be in a 3A/3B scenario next year with the likes of Dorsett, Molino, Gaunce etc. Assuming Gaunce is gone in expansion...

Baer, Horvat, Boeser

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund

Eriksson, Shore?, Goldobin (3A offensive line sheltered, low QOC, high ozone starts)

Molino, Sutter, Dorsett (3B Match up pain in the arse line)

Question mark there being a reasonably offensive minded C (with a 'good enough' 2-way game) for that 3rd line if Shore isn't available. 

Heck, given we're not likely to be very good anyway, I wouldn't be opposed to hanging on to Rodin and Boucher and keeping Boeser and/or Goldobin in Utica either.

Baer, Horvat, Eriksson

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund

Rodin, Shore?, Boucher

Molino, Sutter, Dorsett

15 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Just saw Goldy's goal tonight against the Coyotes,.  Sutter must be pissed ;) 

Right place, fight for position and knocked it the net out of the air.

Nice goal. Maybe we can not worry if he can play like a 4th liner if he's consistent with that sort of thing.