The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

8 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Id rather have Goldy on the big club rather than Vanek and Ericsson. The team looked absolutely slow tonight just by sitting out Virtanen

I'd like to hear some reports on how he's playing away from the puck. His offense is not the reason he's not in the nhl. 

As for Errikson being out, that just means we no longer need to sit one of Boeser, Virtanen or Burmistrov. I'd imagine they call some one up they don't mind sitting in the press box. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

I'd like to hear some reports on how he's playing away from the puck. His offense is not the reason he's not in the nhl. 

As for Errikson being out, that just means we no longer need to sit one of Boeser, Virtanen or Burmistrov. I'd imagine they call some one up they don't mind sitting in the press box. 

Woah. 

Name change eh?

15 hours ago, Canuck_In_Paradise said:

Sounds like Goldy's had a good time in Utica.... we sorely need scoring so it seems like a match with Erickson going down injured.

Scoring has never been the problem.  He just needs to understand what he needs to do to be an NHL player and commit to doing it, and he'll be on this team in no time.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Scoring has never been the problem.  He just needs to understand what he needs to do to be an NHL player and commit to doing it, and he'll be on this team in no time.

Maybe this team should sit a Sedin that is no help on defence either, and play a guy that might score and won't be any worse defensively.

• Upvote 2

On 10/15/2017 at 11:49 AM, aGENT said:

Aye, aye Cap'n 73p.

You'll always be Rainbow Butt Monkey to me... ;)

But good to see Goldobin doing well and even seeing some PK time. I hope he figures out the effort part of his game. Even if he doesn't ever really get good at playing defense, just him making an effort will go a long way.

• Upvote 1

On 2017-10-15 at 9:42 AM, aGENT said:

As for Errikson being out, that just means we no longer need to sit one of Boeser, Virtanen or Burmistrov. I'd imagine they call some one up they don't mind sitting in the press box

It appears, you are correct.

You sound just like a poster whose posts I usually like and agree with. Is that you J.R.?:P

Andy Zelcha(sp?) on the Farm report on TSN1040 is saying Goldy is happy with his role in Utica and he seems very well liked in the locker room and wears the skinniest jeans out of the entire club.  I added the last part. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Andy Zelcha(sp?) on the Farm report on TSN1040 is saying Goldy is happy with his role in Utica and he seems very well liked in the locker room and wears the skinniest jeans out of the entire club.  I added the last part. 

Are you sure? Certainly he can't be happy buried in the AHL and told to improve his game and then is overlooked for the first call-up while putting up 5 points in 4 games. I'll believe general knowledge and CDC facts before I believe some farm reporter.

43 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

How does a hockey player (with the quads those guys have) fit into 'skinny jeans'? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, RonMexico said:

Are you sure? Certainly he can't be happy buried in the AHL and told to improve his game and then is overlooked for the first call-up while putting up 5 points in 4 games. I'll believe general knowledge and CDC facts before I believe some farm reporter.

I believe the skinny jeans.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RonMexico said:

Playing in the NHL is not all about points