The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks | Mar 21 | 5:30 PM | SN |

AlwaysACanuckFan

29 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"My role is evolving and I'm at the point now where I can't take a night off. I love the challenge of bringing it every night." - Horvat

As always, Horvat = all kinds of awesome.  Pretty much shaming Henrik into handing it over, but he'll wear the A full-time next year.

42 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"My role is evolving and I'm at the point now where I can't take a night off. I love the challenge of bringing it every night." - Horvat

Great quote.  Honestly, the real "play the kids" movement is Bo leading the charge.  Wish we had a winger for him and Baer that was a bit better than Boucher or Megna.

34 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I sure hope Bo gets the C this offseason.

There is no need to strip Henrik.  Wait till he retires then address the captaincy. Would be foolish to put that much more pressure on Bo as a young player on a rebuilding team.

I agree he is a strong candidate for the C down the road

26 minutes ago, E. Lindros said:

There is no need to strip Henrik.  Wait till he retires then address the captaincy. Would be foolish to put that much more pressure on Bo as a young player on a rebuilding team.

Henrik will probably donate it to Bo.

If we lose tonight in regulation and New Jersey gets a W, we fall in 28th in the NHL. Arizona only 4 points back of us, also playing tonight against Tampa, and if they win will be 2 points behind us. 

SCORE BOARD WATCHING IS STILL FUN DESPITE WE GOING THE OPPOSITE WAY

Hope for a close game, but ultimately I want an L to better our odds at the draft.

43 minutes ago, E. Lindros said:

You're looking at it all wrong. It's not stripping Henrik, but passing on the leadership torch to a clear successor. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Henrik was game to this idea.

Everything Bo has stated in interviews regarding the future speak to the fact that he wants the pressure.

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You're looking at it all wrong. It's not stripping Henrik, but passing on the leadership torch to a clear successor. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Henrik was game to this idea.

Everything Bo has stated in interviews regarding the future speak to the fact that he wants the pressure.

I somewhat agree, Hank will like pass the C to Bo. But do it when he retires. Maybe a special cerimony before our first regular season game of the post-sedin era. Hank's leadership skills are not tied to his ability to score. I highly doubt he is less affective as a leader in his age-related scoring decline. As an organization, saying you can only be Captain when scoring at a 1st line rate is not right (to me anyways)

1 minute ago, MattJVD said:

I somewhat agree, Hank will like pass the C to Bo. But do it when he retires. Maybe a special cerimony before our first regular season game of the post-sedin era. Hank's leadership skills are not tied to his ability to score.

They are tied to his overall performance on the ice though, and that has been suffering lately.

1 minute ago, MattJVD said:

I highly doubt he is less affective as a leader in his age-related scoring decline. As an organization, saying you can only be Captain when scoring at a 1st line rate is not right (to me anyways)

That's an assumption. The main reason to hand it over to Bo is because his overall performance on the ice is indicative of a leader. He has risen from a 4th line assignment in the beginning of the year to centering the first line and establishing himself as a known commodity league wide. And doing so, while shouldering losses and spreading out the positives after wins.

1 hour ago, E. Lindros said:

Bo's an absolute lock for the C down the road.

Hell, he's already the captain at this point. Henrik's just wearing the letter.

7 minutes ago, mll said:

Abbott on TSN1040 has the following lineup

Sedin Sedin Chaput

Baer Horvat Boucher

Skille Sutter Megna

Cramarossa Shore Biega

LaBate must be injured?

If WD is scratching a healthy young forward to play a depth defensemen as a forward instead we have reached a whole new level.

(Although Biega is quite the crash and banger, this would be ridiculous.)

Archived