The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks | Mar 21 | 5:30 PM | SN |

AlwaysACanuckFan

16 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Probably not the flu, more likely norovirus (commonly called Norwalk virus) the flu is actually just sore throat, runny nose. Norovirus has all the nasty weight loss techniques (puking and diarrhea) so if he lost 15lbs it wasn't the flu. 

don't make up diagnosis. Flu can be severe. It's not just runny nose. Some people get a lot sicker, and susceptible people get complications and can die. poor oral intake and appetite can caus weight loss, occasionally some can also have vomiting and diarrhea.

Norovirus is extremely contiguous.  if he has it, should stay away from the team.  Usually self limiting in healthy people, 2-3 days of severe vomiting and diarrhea.

unless nux said otherwise, no reason to doubt what they are saying. 

Just now, Jaimito said:

don't make up diagnosis. Flu can be severe. It's not just runny nose. Some people get a lot sicker, and susceptible people get complications and can die. poor oral intake and appetite can caus weight loss, occasionally some can also have vomiting and diarrhea.

Norovirus is extremely contiguous.  if he has it, should stay away from the team.  Usually self limiting in healthy people, 2-3 days of severe vomiting and diarrhea.

Doesn't the flu kill a lot of us elderly folk?  I heard it's actually really bad.

4 hours ago, mll said:

Abbott on TSN1040 has the following lineup

Sedin Sedin Chaput

Baer Horvat Boucher

Skille Sutter Megna

Cramarossa Shore Biega

Expect last line to only log 7-8 minutes the entire game, that lineup looks bad.

8 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I ended up getting 2 different flus within 5 weeks back in Nov/Dec (one lasting a couple days, other lasting almost 2 weeks), it was awful but I don't think I lost 15lbs or anything despite having practically no appetite with the flus but some foods taste different now than they used to and I hope that's not permanent because I cook.

Doesn't the flu kill a lot of us elderly folk?  I heard it's actually really bad.

It can, my wife works at an old folks care home and said a handful of them have gotten the flu this year and a few of them contracted pnemonia and edned up in the hospital and one has died.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Can't be true Alf, I mean, we're still here :)

edit:  Had the flu this winter.... survived 3 days of fever but then blew out my lung and ended up in the hospital..... Didn't kill me tho ;)

4 minutes ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Expect last line to only log 7-8 minutes the entire game, that lineup looks bad.

I ended up getting 2 different flus within 5 weeks back in Nov/Dec (one lasting a couple days, other lasting almost 2 weeks), it was awful but I don't think I lost 15lbs or anything but some foods taste different now than they used to and I hope that's not permanent.

We totally need way more flu vaccines.

wth is going on with Goldobin?

The article in the Province said he was "down from 195 lbs to 179" ?

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/jason-botchford-goldy-could-infuse-an-anemic-canucks-offence-with-some-colour

The team has him listed at 5'11" 185

So how did he GAIN 10 pounds when his total TOI for us hasn't even been 30 minutes, then allegedly got a flu so bad he's been out for 3 weeks ??

For someone not even 6' tall he didn't look anywhere near 200 lbs ..........   :blink:

1 minute ago, darkpoet said:

wth is going on with Goldobin?

The article in the Province said he was "down from 195 lbs to 179" ?

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/jason-botchford-goldy-could-infuse-an-anemic-canucks-offence-with-some-colour

The team has him listed at 5'11" 185

So how did he GAIN 10 pounds when his total TOI for us hasn't even been 30 minutes, then allegedly got a flu so bad he's been out for 3 weeks ??

For someone not even 6' tall he didn't look anywhere near 200 lbs ..........   :blink:

Gained 10 pounds probably from eating over at Subway next door from Rogers Arena.

8 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Where my Labate at?!?!?

I'm a huge fan of Labate, but these last few games, he hasn't been noticable. He's been floating around a lot and really not doing anything. Hasn't even been physical. Biega's gonna showem how it's done

Archived