The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks | Mar 21 | 5:30 PM | SN |

AlwaysACanuckFan

13 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Is Goldy playing?

Thought I heard on 1040 yesterday that he is still fighting something, and had lost a lot of weight..

but previously to this, heard he was skating...

sorry, doesn't answer your question,.  I'm curious like you.

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Thought I heard on 1040 yesterday that he is still fighting something, and had lost a lot of weight..

I'd say no based on what we know. I'm sure he's still pretty weak 

6 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Projected line up;

Megna Megna Megna

Megna Megna Megna

Megna Megna Megna

Megna Megna Megna

Megna   Megna

Megna   Megna

Megna   Megna

Megna

Miller 

We'd get like 15 too many men calls if Willie played that line-up. "Which Megna gets more ice-time?" "ALL OF THEM"

1 minute ago, MNA said:

We'd get like 15 too many men calls if Willie played that line-up. "Which Megna gets more ice-time?" "ALL OF THEM"

Nah we would get called for 'Too Much Man' because that's what Megna is. 

I think biega is a more useful during a full game at forward than labate. Bulldog is small but he hits and is more noticeable In that department over labate.

So I'm okay if labate is scratched for bulldog. If skille was taking labate spot I would be more in question.

Labate should play over skilled tho...so ya it's an odd move by the coach come to think of it!

8 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Look at that forward group? 

And people seem to think this team is underperforming. 

Exactly which coach is going to do better with this roster? It's only a kick in the ass away from what Green has got down in Utica. It seems even when we thought we were down to the bare bones - we weren't 

I pity Willie, Bo, Sven and Sutter trying to haul this sledge uphill. I suppose firing will be almost a blessing to Willie after this nightmare.

5-1 Hawks.

Interesting 

Green is battling for a playoff spot, is Willie? 

A good carpenter never blames his tools 

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Oh boy!  Skille's back!  Megna, Chapoo, Skille!  Is Shore playing too?  Yippeee!!!  :lol:

And I still think we win 3-2.  :towel:

time to get back o your meds Alf - lol

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Oh boy!  Skille's back!  Megna, Chapoo, Skille!  Is Shore playing too?  Yippeee!!!  :lol:

And I still think we win 3-2.  :towel:

I think I liked you better when you used to talk in third person. Now you just make lame Megna jokes in every thread.

Alf doesn't have original thoughts. Alf reads the provies?

3 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

As always, Horvat = all kinds of awesome.  Pretty much shaming Henrik into handing it over, but he'll wear the A full-time next year.

I like Horvat too, but what's with the dis on Henrik?  You're implying that he's given up.  I don't agree.  Let's not forget what Henrik has done, and keeps doing, for this team.  GCG!

3 hours ago, TheOgRook said:

I'm not one to hate players, especially long after the real rivalry is over.  But this is a man I have no problem carrying a grudge with.... best way to describe him is a lot of acronyms I'm not allowed to use here ;) 

He was huge in getting the Kings their first Cup. 

To reference my above point, the Canucks fell down 3-0 to the Kings, largely due to an absence of Daniel Sedin, who Keith nailed with an elbow to the head. When Daniel came back, he was huge in winning game 4, and game 5 was close too, and these two games were indicative of how the series would've gone had he been able to play every game.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Ya he was skating on Friday, thought he would be good to go by now but I guess not.

image.png

I hope Willie has the sense to play a guy that MAY be part of the future vs one that won't be. 

But lets wait for the actual lineup before freaking out. Or go ahead and freak out. Whatever floats your boat this time of year.

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Willie stated that Goldy has only had one practise and needs more.

As per Abbott, he was at practice yesterday but it wasn't at full intensity for him because he was still a bit weak.

Just now, mll said:

As per Abbott, he was at practice yesterday but it wasn't at full intensity for him because he was still a bit weak.

Understandable.  It was reported he lost 15 pounds.  Seem to recall it being reported he had a respiratory infection.  

57 minutes ago, nux_win said:

I like Horvat too, but what's with the dis on Henrik?  You're implying that he's given up.  I don't agree.  Let's not forget what Henrik has done, and keeps doing, for this team.  GCG!

Not at all.  Hank stated that someone needed to come take it, and Bo's doing just that.  No doubt he will eagerly and graciously hand it over when the time comes... which is soon.  Hank admitting that he and Daniel have cost the team games is quite revelatory, and something we've rarely heard from them.

Archived