Hank Sedin  - 7 mil

Danny Sedin  - 7 mil

Sbisa  at   3.6 mil

Biega   at   750,000

Bachman  at   650,000

9 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Sign Skille 

let the rest walk

He doesn't score, he barely hits, he doesn't fight, he doesn't kill penalties - all he does is run the clock.  
It might be better to have a younger developing player in the lineup over him.  

i wonder if the fact that Sbisa is a soon to be UFA will have any impact on whether or not LV will draft him? I suppose they could draft him and then trade him for maybe a late 2nd but they're probably better off taking Gaunce if that was the case. 

I'd resign the Sedins to one year contracts without NMC or NTC's and a vastly lower rate, there is just not enough veteran "media" savy players to have to deal with talking about losing game after game and IMO they could still add to the team in vastly reduced role.

Skille at 32 is more effective than most of the kids and they could learn something from him, Larsen and Miller can catch a cab.

No matter what many Canuck fans think, there is not a whole lot of prospects or depth to this team and management has to be careful because this team is on the cusp of being the old Oilers without benefit of guaranteed #1 picks for the next 10 years. Vancouver management is almost a mirror to that old Edmonton management clique, full of friends, buddies, ex-players and retreaded hockey ideas.  

Would consider skille on the bottom six for depth.... maybe biega but neither can add much offense so only if we are desperate. At least biega throws hits as of late.

If miller want to sign cheap as out backup I'd be ok with that option.

I would offer the sedins jobs as trainers for our off season conditioning training.

5 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Math question

What is better deal for our club  ?  10 megna's ( 600,00 ) each  or   1  Miller at  6 million ?

Are you trying to give Willie a hard on?  10 Megnas????  He'd have two full lines both O and D full of Megnas.  Oh, hang on, I need to wipe the beer off my monitor.

Hard to say in my opinion. A lot of question marks.

Skille  at  700,000 - does make a good placeholder, don't know if I'd want him longterm though.

Megna  at  600,000 - same as with Skille

Larsen   at 1 mil - I think we can do better for defense. Was worth a shot but just didn't work.

Miller  at  6 mil  - If he signs for a smaller deal, sure, but I think Marky should get the chance at number one, especially with Demko in the works

Next year 

Hank Sedin  - 7 mil - if they want to stay on smaller contracts and a reduced role, I say let them. They are leaders and considering how much the youth look up to them, they bring positives still

Danny Sedin  - 7 mil - same with Danny of course

Sbisa  at   3.6 mil - Probably who I would want to keep the most out of this bunch. I think it makes little to no sense to let him go unless if he wants an unrealistic contract

Biega   at   750,00 - Same idea as with Skille and Megna

That's my opinion anyway...

7 minutes ago, Canucklehead73 said:

Would consider skille on the bottom six for depth.... maybe biega but neither can add much offense so only if we are desperate. At least biega throws hits as of late.

If miller want to sign cheap as out backup I'd be ok with that option.

I would offer the sedins jobs as trainers for our off season conditioning training.

Outa' plusses. Good answers!

i'ld let miller walk and play bachman as back up, i'ld rather have sbisa and biega over edler. some of those guys might be good depth players, playing in uttica. i'ld still like to see them move their farm team, out west. let willie finish his contract, at least for part of next year. 

we really need more fans that accept that we are rebuilding, and have enough patience to see it through. 

Archived