The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Willie Desjardins

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

Team 1040 is wanting Hitchcock.

That would be a nightmare. 

Hitch has come out saying he's retiring at the end of the season. The firing just made it early for him from St. Louis. I highly doubt Hitch will be willing to come

Knowing this management team's MO, I won't be surprised if they hire a big name coach and try to pass this rebuild off as having turned the corner towards completion. I think season ticket retention is going to be a huge objective for the Canucks this off-season, more important than actually developing all these prospects we have now. 

Hope I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, Baggins said:

He's the sacrificial lamb to quell the torch and pitchfork fans. I was hoping he'd get another season to see how he does with some actual young offensive forwards available instead of the Skille and Chaput type spot fillers he's had the past two years.

Or perhaps:

The mgmt knew there were better options,

Weren't actually on the same page like the WD homers suggested

Because it's not a try league, it's a get it done league

Mgmt wasn't satified that WD was able to turn this team around.

JB has more concern over his own contract status this year than over what a few fans and media thought. 

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

Team 1040 is wanting Hitchcock.

That would be a nightmare. 

No kidding.  The guy is trying to RETIRE, and they want to bring in a guy who will coach the excitement and entertainment right out of the team?  Hitchcock is probably smarter than this anyway, knowing that it would likely leave a stain on his legacy coming here with this fickle reactionary fanbase and toxic media environment.

Gallagher was bad enough, then Pratt with his Hitchcock-pimping, now the "fans" coming on and yammering nonsense... had to turn that crap off, lol.

18 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Gerard Gallant checks a lot of the boxes we have now imo

Proof positive if you hang out here long enough you'll find at least one thing to agree on ;) He would be my first choice personally.. likes you said.. checks a lot of boxes

I guess the angry mob with the pitchforks won.  No big surprise here, they always do.  The mob rules!  (doesn't matter that they are frequently incorrect or acting on impulse, when the mob demands a scapegoat one is given lest one become one oneself)  GCG!

Just now, Neversummer said:

He will go on to become a Coach of the Year candidate, coach of a team in the playoffs, or coach of  Stanley Cup .. like the previous corp of recent Canucks coaches. 

I would be very happy for him but I doubt that very much 

1 minute ago, Apple Juice said:

Hitch has come out saying he's retiring at the end of the season. The firing just made it early for him from St. Louis. I highly doubt Hitch will be willing to come

He was spotted at the Shark Club downtown a few weeks back. Maybe he just likes the food there, but curious that he's floating around Vancouver.

Being fired does a lot to spark your ego. I could see him making one last stand. I'd prefer Crawford though, but I see Hitchcock as more of a Benning guy.

Archived