The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Willie Desjardins

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Lol

Goldobin and Tryamkin are probably drinking vodka and singing in Russian right now.

you just need to say "Russian"  - the singing and vodka parts are redundant :lol: (I can say this I'm Russian)

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Absolutely. Gallant brings almost all the positives Willie brought while upgrading strategic, tactical, role designing, and deployment issues that plagued us under Willie.

Weird, we're agreeing a lot lately :P

7 minutes ago, cbdoubleu said:

Knowing this management team's MO, I won't be surprised if they hire a big name coach and try to pass this rebuild off as having turned the corner towards completion. I think season ticket retention is going to be a huge objective for the Canucks this off-season, more important than actually developing all these prospects we have now. 

Hope I'm wrong.

Too little too late for that to be the reason. Season Ticket renewal has already come and gone last month. The final deadline was a week ago.  

(Source: I'm a Season Ticket Holder)

Wonder what this also means for the assistant coaches. Pearn, Lidster, and Jarvis were all brought in while WD was coach. Figure they'll wait until they hire a new coach to make any decisions there.

Welp, they got rid of Lidster and Pearn, too. Glad Jarvis stays on, at least.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Green would be a wise choice. This team needs a coach that can grow with the team. I could see Green being a great choice.

Could be.... the two low-lying fruit choices are Ruff and Green for sure. I'm so happy.

7 minutes ago, mll said:

Portland was a high octane offensive team.

Green revived Baer's game in Utica - he got him back to playing like he did in Portland.  He gave him a lot of freedom and trusted his creativity. 

In his 5 years with utica 3 of those will finish 24th or worst in goals for per team. That doesn't scream offensive minded coach to me.

Stetcher didn't have many points in his short stint. 

I think horvat had 0 pts in 10 games. 

Virtanen is struggling to find the scoreboard. 

6 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

He was spotted at the Shark Club downtown a few weeks back. Maybe he just likes the food there, but curious that he's floating around Vancouver.

Being fired does a lot to spark your ego. I could see him making one last stand. I'd prefer Crawford though, but I see Hitchcock as more of a Benning guy.

Not a Hitchcock fan if JB wants him he should have just kept Willie.

I like to see a bit younger veteran like Gallant who still has best before due date left on him.

Kinda think Crow is done to

Archived