The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Philip Holm

1 hour ago, Aladeen said:

There is no such thing as Finland only Eastern Sweden anyway so in reality he is probably right 

The undoctored map of "Finland" as you can see it's all just ocean.

0r7HBWo.png

That is....

....probably the single greatest post I've read on CDC. Bravo!

36 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

decent move to get another D man and his age is right where we want it as he is NHL ready!

Yea I don't see why people think it's a bad thing that he's 25.

Playing in the SHL, his game is probably more NHL ready than a prospect that has toiled away in the AHL at the same age. 

1 minute ago, Freeridebc said:

JB going to get a kings ransom for Tanev. Of course he's not going to tell media he's shopping a d man. The price goes up if he is off the market.

I seriously doubt JB trades Tanev.  JB is wanting to still compete, while rebuilding.  I don't agree with his philosophy, but accept it means keeping the veteran D of Tanev and Edler.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I seriously doubt JB trades Tanev.  JB is wanting to still compete, while rebuilding.  I don't agree with his philosophy, but accept it means keeping the veteran D of Tanev and Edler.

Maybe. He missed like 25 percent of the games last 2 seasons. If they sign another college/ over Seas d man I'll bet he's gone. It would be dumb not to.

2 minutes ago, Freeridebc said:

Maybe. He missed like 25 percent of the games last 2 seasons. If they sign another college/ over Seas d man I'll bet he's gone. It would be dumb not to.

I agree it would be dumb to turn down a Tanev or Edler trade that gives a fair youthful return.  I just think JB is trying to compete, while retooling.  

Archived