The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

Peterrson was ranked between 7 and 17 FFS. Why not trade down if you are going for a slim C who won't be ready for a few years. Don't get it. Just b/c he had chemistry with Dahlin, we also expected chemistry with the Sedins and Erickson. Now LV gets Cody Glass. I'm pissed, deja vue like Last year.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

People bashing on Benning here need to do their homework.  This kid is going to be a stud. 

Yes but look at where everyone else has him ranked - as low as 15th overall. Another case of taking a high risk high reward pick with a top-5 pick. Vilardi and Glass are safe bets - you know you're getting a top-6 big strong playmaking center. Petterson could end up being the next Datsyuk/Henrik Sedin, or he could end up being too skinny, never produce in the NHL and thrown into the AHL for a few years before going back to Sweden.

Last time we went with a high-risk high-reward pick we took Virtanen who could have been the next Lucic, or Torres. We know which way that's heading.

Time will tell. If I were JB I would have made the safe pick but here we are.

1 minute ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Clearly the Canucks brass loves going to Sweden. Do we now have the most Swedish players in the NHL? Oh well, if all goes well, we'll get another one next year - Rasmus Dahlin!

I mean we can't blame them. Our only decent scout in the last 20 years at finding players worth having is Gradin.

I guess Chibisov probably found a few but Gillis wouldn't pick them because reasons.