The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

52 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I don't know how any objective fan of the Vancouver Canucks can watch this kid, watch Lind, watch OJ, watch Dahlen, watch Demko and so forth and not see something fundamentally different on the horizon than has been the case for the team for a long, long time.   Boeser was the first of this next wave.   Virtanen and Horvat are finding their games.    

What a fun team this could be to watch in a few years (as early as next) with players like EP.

I am so excited to see even next year how much better this team can get. I know we need the Sedins but man they don't get going until Jan or Feb. That's something that needs to be considered if we sign them. EP looks ready and he naturally creates space for himself by how good he can pass. Backs defenders off him. Like the goal today three defensemen between him and the other team mate and they all backed off. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I don't know how any objective fan of the Vancouver Canucks can watch this kid, watch Lind, watch OJ, watch Dahlen, watch Demko and so forth and not see something fundamentally different on the horizon than has been the case for the team for a long, long time.   Boeser was the first of this next wave.   Virtanen and Horvat are finding their games.    

What a fun team this could be to watch in a few years (as early as next) with players like EP.

100percent  behind this. Been following the team even back to when the Sedins were prospects.  It’s never been this deep and it’s not even close.  Summer of 2000 we had the Sedins(forsberg twins) Bryan Allen former 4th pick in 98 aka Chris pronger Reni vydarney, josh Holden, Brandon Reid and Harold druken.  At no point was it was ever this deep.  Very exciting times hopefully benning strikes out at 2018 draft.

• Cheers 1

It's weird to say, but we may have actually gotten the best forward in the top five. Hischier and Patrick are playing in the NHL but aren't exactly taking it by storm. What Pettersson has done thus far this season is basically unheard of. He's been that dominate. After drafting Virtanen and Juolevi (both of whom I think will still be really solid NHL'ers, Jake is gradually rounding into form) it's really nice to see how excited most fans seem to be now that the draft dust has settled. If Elias can translate even some of his potential to the NHL and fill out we've got ourselves a real game changing player.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

And he said..

Ain't nothin' gonna break-a my stride
Nobody gonna slow me down, oh no
I got to keep on movin'
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh no, I got to keep on movin'

I've had that damn song in my head all morning because of you :angry:

• Cheers 2

Not sure if someones's brought this up, but I appreciate how Pettersson is not a one-trick pony. Meaning he's top 5 in goal scoring and top 5 assists. If you look at the U20 comps, many were skewed one way or another. Thus, although the point totals are in the top (Pettersson #2 right now overall), it's balanced (Grabner in the NHL is a good example of skew).

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Oregon.Duck said:

Not sure if someones's brought this up, but I appreciate how Pettersson is not a one-trick pony. Meaning he's top 5 in goal scoring and top 5 assists. If you look at the U20 comps, many were skewed one way or another. Thus, although the point totals are in the top (Pettersson #2 right now overall), it's balanced (Grabner in the NHL is a good example of skew).

Is Wayne Gretzky a good example as well?

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:09 AM, coastal.view said:

sure you can fill roster spots with ufas

who have no ties to this team and would not necessarily fit in easily

we added some this past off season

only 1 signed a 1 year contract; the only one who really panned out

so you must be prepared to commit to ufas on contracts longer then 1 year?

cuz that will clog up the youth pipeline a lot more

Vanek worked out.

So did signing MDZ? Which allowed Juolevi to go to Europe. Did not force us to pop McEneny into the line up... 

11 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

I've had that damn song in my head all morning because of you :angry:

LOL, the video offers even more disturbing images to do your head in... :lol:

Your welcome...

11 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

What hischier is doing is really impressive. He’s a skinny (175lb) 19 year old, centering a first line in the NHL in one of the toughest divisions. On any giving night he’s matched up against Crosby/Malkin, backstrom, Tavares, giroux and is still managing to put up 41 points in 63 games. 

Pettersson still could very well (and I hope he does) be the best forward/pick  in the top 5 but I don’t think it’s fair to undersell how good hischer has been this year. 

I’m glad you said this I’m still unsure If hall is packing him or he’s the reason hall has maybe found his game but whatever he’s doing I expect a good career out of this kid, full props to devils rebuilding there organization in 3 years 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

I’m glad you said this I’m still unsure If hall is packing him or he’s the reason hall has maybe found his game but whatever he’s doing I expect a good career out of this kid, full props to devils rebuilding there organization in 3 years 

Just the Devils?  You might owe this man an apology

Image result for chiarelli

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, brbetts542 said:

Is Wayne Gretzky a good example as well?

Pretty sure the great one is top 5 in both all-time :P. For Gretzky it's relative. A lot of Pettersson's assists are primary as well. I wouldn't dare compare Pettersson to Gretzky though. I wouldn't even compare McDavid.

Gretzky got 517 points in 85 games in one season in a junior league. Let that sink in.

• Upvote 2