The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

15 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

People say this about every skilled guy in the league and yet they don't get injured or hit as often as people make it sound like they should.

This. There is an art to avoiding hits. Combination of awareness, smarts, edgework. Some players have it and most never will. 

The team has to feel good today w/EPs performance.

Kudos to them for not going out and chasing a stop gap 2C...Think is a perfect, very low pressure situation for Elias to get accustomed to the NHL.

Elias and Bo will be a great 1-2 punch for many years...

Looking fwd to watching Gaudette tonite also...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I think others will be worried about that and  and learn to take the body next time

If Strome had tried that, he'd pull a double-axel gainer with a twist, and be even more embarrassed.

Once he gets established in the league he's of course going to attract a whole lot of attention and abuse, but pretty clear he has PPG+ ability.  He's going to feast on the PP alone, especially once we get Juolevi and Hughes in the lineup.

Edited by Hutton Wink

8 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I wasn't able to watch the game last night. How did Pettersson do defensively as a center? It seems he was generating offense all night, but his defensive play will determine what position he plays. 

When you are that good offensively the other team doesn't get chances to play offense B)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I hope we get Pettersson playing with someone who can bury those breakaways and setups a little more than Goldie and Baer did last night.  Kid should of had 5 assists.  

And that power play is gonna be gold when you open it up with Boeser on the left wall.  EP dishes like Hank and shoots like Boeser.  OJ up top and Bo down low the fifth body wont much matter.  

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I think others will be worried about that and  and learn to take the body next time

Can't see that being an option. If you go at EP he just passes sooner. Either way he is going to make the right play. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Without a doubt... this will be one of the adjustments he'll have to learn...how to get out of a tight squeeze and not get hit.

But I have zero doubt he will be able to just to that.

It was very impressive, how he came in an immediately started to run the PP. He looked like he belonged right away. He will have a strong season...zero doubt about that.

It was like looking at Sedin at the half wall, with the added bonus of a wicked wrister... Brock is gonna love having Pettersson around.

The crispness of his passing seemed to take even his teammates by surprise...

Its hard not to be excited. Not worried about how this season goes, just watching Brock and Pettersson + a few others making their entrees into the team is going to be worth all of it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1