The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He said that when he was young, a lot of Swedish kids dream of playing in the NHL in North America and often "Americanize" their names when they're pretending that they're stars in the NHL. "Peterson" is how he dreamed it to be, so that's probably why he pronounces it that way. I prefer to keep the cultural accuracy and pronounce it closer to the Swedish way.

I mean, upon first seeing the name my first thought was Pet-ter-son not Peter-son. Am I not Americanizing names right? 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, ForzaTikare said:

Karlsson asked about playing with EP:

"If I can five him advice? No, its probably him that can give me some *laughs, as insane as he is on the ice. I hope he can reach me some moves. Mainly i hope he just relax and enjoy the atmosphere at the allstar. You Shouldn't think too much, just relax have Fun and enjoy a few beers"

Screenshot_20190125-233946.png

EK needs to come play with Petey.  77 million over 7 years.  Get ‘er done JB.  Hughes and EK!  Can you say Cups?  Yes. Plural.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Replace Baumer with Juice. Maybe our defense will tighten up.

Guy is super funny though. The few moments I tuned in to the All Star skills thing I was lucky enough to see Bieksa pop up. So it was a bit more bearable. I hope he starts getting bigger gigs as an analyst or something. Good media personality I'd say. The comment about calling the Sedins up to invite Petey over for dinner is pretty great. Lol. "Really? Not once?" Juice won't let that slide. Still looking out for the kids in Blue and Green. Canuck for life that guy.

Edited by N7Nucks
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Replace Baumer with Juice. Maybe our defense will tighten up.

Guy is super funny though. The few moments I tuned in to the All Star skills thing I was lucky enough to see Bieksa pop up. So it was a bit more bearable. I hope he starts getting bigger gigs as an analyst or something. Good media personality I'd say. The comment about calling the Sedins up to invite Petey over for dinner is pretty great. Lol. "Really? Not once?" Juice won't let that slide. Still looking out for the kids in Blue and Green. Canuck for life that guy.

I think Juice finds it amazing based on the character of the twins. They were really the kind of guys to take new kids under their wing, but I guess they really completely disconnected from the team in retirement (which is understandable). I imagine Juice thought they wouldn't be able to resist getting to know the new Swedish superstar, and to honest, I too am surprised they didn't really reach out.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

6 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Nice pic.... Makes me wonder what a "team sweden" would look like today. Id like to see Elias together with Arvidsson and Forsberg from the preds. 

Arvidsson-Pettersson-Forsberg

Landeskog-Backstrom-Lindholm

Rakell-Zibanejad-Hornqvist

Steen-Backlund-Fast

extra forwards, William Karlsson, Nyquist

Defense

Ekholm - Karlsson

Hedman - Stralman

Ekman Larsson - Klingberg

Extra D, Edler, Dahlin

Hm...maybe switch with Backstrom? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I think Juice finds it amazing based on the character of the twins. They were really the kind of guys to take new kids under their wing, but I guess they really completely disconnected from the team in retirement (which is understandable). I imagine Juice thought they wouldn't be able to resist getting to know the new Swedish superstar, and to honest, I too am surprised they didn't really reach out.

I think they're trying to be respectful and allow the team to build/establish their own, new identity.

Didn't see much of the ASG as I'm at a hockey tournament with my son, how did EP40 do?  Would have like to have seen him in hardest shot competition lol

Edited by Vicky
Spelling
  • Like 2