The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Did we have this many poster feuds back when the team was winning? I can’t remember but it seems like we got along better in those days. Here’s hoping once the rebuild’s done we won’t have so much to fight about. :) 

There was lots of Luongo hate.

The twins suck in the playoffs.

Mayray and Booth are junk, just rush to the net shoot for pads.

Kesler is / isn't a douche.

Sameulsson is a candy-a**

WTF BALLARD 

WTF AV

Gillis is a moron

Aaron Rome makes AV's bed on the road. (And at home)

Lots of stuff like that. Good times.

On topic- 

I'm trying to tell myself- "just because he beat Forsberg's "record" doesn't mean he'll be real gud"

Yet I can't help but think that he's gonna be really really real gud.

He makes and finishes plays like a &^@#ing champ. Imagine him clicking with Boeser's snipeshow and the Ox that is Bo... That's a very legit first line once Elias proves he can take the grind.

Exciting times. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

First of all you edited my comment.., only a pathetic troll would do that.  Secondly, you actually took the time to do this just to start an argument with me, yet you claim I'm the one who always comments on your posts?  In the last month I can remember countless times in which you have commented on my stuff.

My comment about drafting Petterson wasn't so much do with him as a player, but more so the fact that we drafted for size over skill in 2014 which was a mistake and then passed on a super good prospect in Glass who has good size and took the small skilled played.  Petterson absolutely blew everybody's expectations out of the water so it's not really a good example.

Since you defend literally every move that Benning makes, it means you are wrong a hell of a lot more than me, seeing as how not every move Jim has made has worked out.  

Glass could still become a much more effective player, why do you preach patience when you have none yourself?  Let me guess, Petterson will easily be the best forward from his draft class just like how you said Juolevi will easily become the best defenceman from his.  I'm gonna go to the Juolevi thread and find that quote just for kicks.

You're just here looking for likes on your material, you're not even a fan of the team.  Beat it

I'm glad we have Petterson and I enjoy following his historic season.  

Thanks for proving my point.  You are here for one reason.   Very clearly one reason.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

First of all you edited my comment.., only a pathetic troll would do that.  Secondly, you actually took the time to do this just to start an argument with me, yet you claim I'm the one who always comments on your posts?  In the last month I can remember countless times in which you have commented on my stuff.

My comment about drafting Petterson wasn't so much do with him as a player, but more so the fact that we drafted for size over skill in 2014 which was a mistake and then passed on a super good prospect in Glass who has good size and took the small skilled played.  Petterson absolutely blew everybody's expectations out of the water so it's not really a good example.

Since you defend literally every move that Benning makes, it means you are wrong a hell of a lot more than me, seeing as how not every move Jim has made has worked out.  

Glass could still become a much more effective player, why do you preach patience when you have none yourself?  Let me guess, Petterson will easily be the best forward from his draft class just like how you said Juolevi will easily become the best defenceman from his.  I'm gonna go to the Juolevi thread and find that quote just for kicks.

You're just here looking for likes on your material, you're not even a fan of the team.  Beat it

I'm glad we have Petterson and I enjoy following his historic season.  

Lind is proving himself better than Glass.

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Camp will be full of fun with Pettersson along with Gadjovich, Lind, Gaudette Juolevi Demko.

Even better, the Young Stars tourney (if it's still on?).  Oilers have a shallow pool and will add a high pick, Flames' is almost as shallow and they have no high picks, Winnipeg has some but they've also graduated most of the best ones and have no high picks either.  This would be the first year we'd clearly have the best squad going in.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Needless to say, that Elias guy is pretty good at hockey. Camp is gonna be real fun next season. :wub:

I watched every minute of camp at Rogers Arena before this season. Enjoyed it immensely. With the flood of prospects due to attend main camp (EP didn't attend) next year...well, September cannot come fast enough. And who knows, with some luck in the draft lottery we may have yet another elite prospect to drool over. 

I just hope the team has camp at Rogers Arena again. That worked out incredibly well....Skytrain in from the burbs, get off Skytrain, watch camp all day, Skytrain home. Beautiful. Even an ill-prepared Juolevi couldn't diminish the experience. ;)

I'm incredibly bullish on EP...with the caveat that I've yet to see him truly dominate on an NHL ice surface. The world juniors was a bit tough to judge him on....with the flu he had and some rather bizarre Team Sweden player deployment decisions. My prediction is that his transition to North America won't be seamless....but he will figure it out soon enough. On the power play, with more room to operate I fully expect him to conjure up lots of that SHL wizardry he showed this year. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, GrizzlyAdams said:

Very aesthetically pleasing stat line for EP after today's game: 20-30-50 in 40 games

That's a good looking stat line. I think he'll have a lot of 0's in his bank account too. 

On 6/23/2017 at 4:50 PM, -AJ- said:

Not really high on Pettersson, but I'm just gonna have to trust that Benning and the rest of our scouting team knows what they're doing.

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

All this tripping down memory lane made me wonder what I said on draft day. 

Not too bad. At least I didn’t embarrass myself. :lol:

Would’ve been nice to have thrown out a bold prediction that Elias was gonna shake up the world, but I’ve never really been “that guy” I suppose.

I'm satisfied with my response. Cautious skepticism. 

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Even better, the Young Stars tourney (if it's still on?).  Oilers have a shallow pool and will add a high pick, Flames' is almost as shallow and they have no high picks, Winnipeg has some but they've also graduated most of the best ones and have no high picks either.  This would be the first year we'd clearly have the best squad going in.

With the additions from this year's draft.

9 hours ago, AV's Coin said:

Elias walks into a bar and sits down on a bar stool.

Bartender says "Longneck"?

Elias says "What did you call me"?

Bartender says " Do you want a Budweiser Longneck"?

Image result for bud longneck

image.png.342668e6a50eeb0c5d7619f2ff172f1a.png

Edited by Canuck Surfer

1 hour ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

4d57cee80fd40e3184343f55d32cb9d0

https://sports.yahoo.com/canucks-prospect-surpasses-peter-forsbergs-swedish-scoring-mark-014321248.html

Despite missing two-plus weeks to earn a World Junior silver medal with Sweden this past Christmas, Vancouver’s No. 5 overall selection last June sits second in the SHL in scoring. With a pair of points Thursday night, Pettersson moved past legend Peter Forsberg as the second-highest scoring teenager in SHL history. The Hall Of Famer posted 48 points in 1992-93.

With 20 goals and 50 points in just 40 games for Vaxjo HC, Pettersson is scoring at a 1.25 points-per-game clip and is now just four points away — with four games left in the season — from breaking Kent Nilsson’s 42-year-old SHL record for points by a U20 player.

Dobber Prospects currently ranks Pettersson as the Canucks top prospect, and the SHL rookie’s torrid pace of production this season has lifted his stock into can’t-miss territory. The kid is on the path to becoming an NHL star some day, the only questions seems to be when.

“This tremendous season has not gone unnoticed … as Pettersson is now-viewed as an absolute blue-chipper. There will be growing pains, but the lanky forward offers the full offensive package with tremendous vision and a release that will have teams scratching their heads over who to load up on, Boeser or Pettersson, on the Canucks’ top power play in the near future,” DP’s Cam Robinson recently wrote.

There’s no indication yet as to when the Canucks plan to bring Pettersson into the mix, but most signs point to the Swedish star being ready to battle for a roster spot – and maybe even a role in the team’s top-six – as soon as next season.

::D:canucks:::D

I'm really looking forward to how Boeser-Horvat-Petterson alignment will perform in the PP. Boeser and Pettersson we already know will be effective but Horvat is as strong as they come and an ideal for plays downlow.

Add Dahlen for his net game as well and Juolevi on the point getting the shots through. It's gonna be fun.

• Cheers 4