The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

2 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Fun fact Dube and Lind are actually only 3 months apart in terms of their age differences. Because of Lind’s birthdate, he was ineligible for the 2016 draft. Dube is born in July of 1998 while Lind is born in October of 1998. Personally, I like Lind’s game more than Dube’s. 

They are entirely different players.   Lind is a top 6 player at his top professional potential - probably a 20 to 30 goal man with speed.   Dube is a bottom six "defense" first player who all teams need but can find more easily than a top six.   I wouldn't mind both in my prospect pool but if picking one, I take Lind.   Lind reminds me of Glass who I wanted Canucks to take last year over EP.   Boy, I got that one wrong but I still think Glass is a good player but Lind is pretty much a carbon copy in many ways.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

They are entirely different players.   Lind is a top 6 player at his top professional potential - probably a 20 to 30 goal man with speed.   Dube is a bottom six "defense" first player who all teams need but can find more easily than a top six.   I wouldn't mind both in my prospect pool but if picking one, I take Lind.   Lind reminds me of Glass who I wanted Canucks to take last year over EP.   Boy, I got that one wrong but I still think Glass is a good player but Lind is pretty much a carbon copy in many ways.

And Lind brings some of that edge as well. Pretty brutal chirper according to multiple people. A real douchebag to play against. But hey, we need some of those players. Makes games that more fun to watch.

I've always compared Lind to a Wayne Simmonds type. Both 6'1 and 185lbs and both play a similar style crash and bang, in your face type players. Blend of speed and skill and real tenacious with an offensive upside of course. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

...agree with every word...even wanting Glass or ...gasp...Vilardi ...over EP.....we just didn't know enough about EP back then.

edit;   I also think Lind and Glass are similar ...but Lind may be smarter/quicker to think the play, the limited time they played together on a line it seemed Lind was either driving the play or starting it with a steal or outlet pass and Glass was more just reacting to plays.

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Not only is he putting up points, he just received a 5-minute penalty for fighting.

Good news...

Have a feeling that although we may not have the Hanson brothers, we're going be a tougher team to play against. 

Gaudette, Gadjovic, Lind, Lockwood all sounds like players, who has a bit of an edge. Add Jake and Horvat maybe even Gaunce to that, and it definitely looks like a harder team to play.

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 3

Good to see he's not afraid of the physical side of the game. You always want guys on your team who aren't afraid to drop the gloves, especially when theres a dirty hitand your standing up for a teammate. 

Have to think he gets a contract done soon and will be in Utica next year. Exciting to see so many prospects with high potential.

• Upvote 3