The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

Merkley's was terrific in the first period for Guelph. He's basically Guelph's offense and he plays d. Yes he does have those defensive lapses but I would not mind grabbing this guy with our 2nd round pick if he falls that far which I doubt. He's probably the purest offensive defenseman in this draft.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Merkley's was terrific in the first period for Guelph. He's basically Guelph's offense and he plays d. Yes he does have those defensive lapses but I would not mind grabbing this guy with our 2nd round pick if he falls that far which I doubt. He's probably the purest offensive defenseman in this draft.

I was just looking at all of the draft rankings and its very interesting how he is ranked all over the place.  One source has him in the top 10, others have him in the top 20, some dont have him ranked in the first round at all.  Havent seen or read enough about him to know why there is such a wide range of interpretations about him.  Looks too risky to be taken with a top 10 pick, but yeah if he falls to second round might be worth grabbing

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2018-draft/2018-nhl-draft-rankings

Edited by Darius71
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

I was just looking at all of the draft rankings and its very interesting how he is ranked all over the place.  One source has him in the top 10, others have him in the top 20, some dont have him ranked in the first round at all.  Havent seen or read enough about him to know why there is such a wide range of interpretations about him.  Looks too risky to be taken with a top 10 pick, but yeah if he falls to second round might be worth grabbing

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2018-draft/2018-nhl-draft-rankings

A lot of it probably just comes down to how many defensemen there seems to be in this draft.

26 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

A lot of it probably just comes down to how many defensemen there seems to be in this draft.

That makes me feel a lot better taking a forward if we pick 2-4.  As much as we need defencemen I hope Benning stays with BPA this year in the first round even if its a forward.  The defensive depth in this draft is phenomenal. If we end up 2-4 we should try to make a trade for another mid-late first or second.  Then take defencemen with our next three picks.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

More so than Boqvist? Merkley looks like a late 1st rounder, maybe he Linds his way down to our second. I am very interested in grabbing another 1st. There are a few late 1st round D-men that catch my eye. A few mid 1st d-men that also catch my eye too. A pretty good draft to have multiple 1st rounders in. 

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

More so than Boqvist? Merkley looks like a late 1st rounder, maybe he Linds his way down to our second. I am very interested in grabbing another 1st. There are a few late 1st round D-men that catch my eye. A few mid 1st d-men that also catch my eye too. A pretty good draft to have multiple 1st rounders in. 

Getting another 1st Rd'er would really move the rebuild forward. Still hoing that Benning can move Tanev for another 1st & 2nd.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Getting another 1st Rd'er would really move the rebuild forward. Still hoing that Benning can move Tanev for another 1st & 2nd.  

I’d love to see Tanev to TO for their 2019 first.  Then, the Leafs goalie (Anderson?) does a Talbot, and plays crappy.  Then we get our own lottery ball, and the Loser Leaf’s one too!  The draft is here, so I’m hoping JB loads up on picks for 2019. 

• Upvote 3

I'm really hoping Gadjovich can refine his defensive game to pro level.

I see him as a perfect compliment to Boeser.

Where Brock and Bo are snipers, Jonah excels at screening and cleaning up garbage.

He is also a willing combatant when necessary.

A line of Gadjovich, Horvat, and Boeser could be a dominant force in the league.

On 3/5/2018 at 12:32 PM, komodo0921 said:

Where Brock and Bo are snipers, Jonah excels at screening and cleaning up garbage.

A line of Gadjovich, Horvat, and Boeser could be a dominant force in the league.

Does Papa Dadjovich have the fighting prowess?

On 05/03/2018 at 12:32 PM, komodo0921 said:

I'd like to see him with Pettersson, if he can keep up with the speed. He knows how to make space for high-skill guys (Suzuki) and it would be good to have some size out there with Elias.

Bo is enough of a bull for his line imo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

Does Papa Dadjovich have the fighting prowess?

Yup. As others have noted, he doesn’t fight much anymore because he’s earned a reputation as guy you either fear or at least seriously respect when the gloves come off.

His first year (age 16), he was pretty active and had 7 fights. Second year, he really picked his spots. Fought 4 times. Always against bigger and usually older guys. Heavyweights pretty much exclusively (he gave up an average of 3” and 17 lbs to his opponents that year). And he either wiped the floor with them or at least held his own. By his draft year, his reputation was well in place and he only fought twice. And then just the one fight this year.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, MattJVD said:

I'd like to see him with Pettersson, if he can keep up with the speed. He knows how to make space for high-skill guys (Suzuki) and it would be good to have some size out there with Elias.

Bo is enough of a bull for his line imo

I like your thinking on this prospective line.

i hope Jonah gets real focused on improving his skating this summer off season. Hopefully he will find a skating coach who can dial him in.If not he easily starts in Utica this fall start of season .

Two areas I like an hope he improves is his skating with an without the puck mainly speed upgrades right now.

2#his skill getting shot off quickly an accurately  A quick release not unlike Brock would go along way to ensuring he make next big step up to NHL .

i am excited about his prospects to be successful in Vancouver as a fan.

• Upvote 1