The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Rathbone | #3 | D

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Nope. I'm sure they didn't look at him at all in practices or do any coaching, film work etc either.

There will come a time when they can no longer over look this kids talent, maybe once JB has left  and Juolevi has to stand on his own merit, to me it's a competition between Rathbone and Juolevi. I'm equally shocked that Chatfield has not been given a longer strech ditto Rafferty. If the season continues like it is we need to groom these young D for the future. Why Vcr signed Hamorlic and frankly Benn eludes me. Here we are up to our eye's in Cap problems and rather than give the youngsters a boost we spend $3+ million

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

18 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

There will come a time when they can no longer over look this kids talent, maybe once JB has left  and Juolevi has to stand on his own merit, to me it's a competition between Rathbone and Juolevi. I'm equally shocked that Chatfield has not been given a longer strech ditto Rafferty. If the season continues like it is we need to groom these young D for the future. Why Vcr signed Hamorlic and frankly Benn eludes me. Here we are up to our eye's in Cap problems and rather than give the youngsters a boost we spend $3+ million

I don't know. I almost prefer to see Rathbone in Utica as far away from our coaches as possible. I think Trent Cull will make sure he is nice and confident for next season...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Jack’s boxscore sure is a thing of beauty.

Jersey#3 with 3 assists, 3 points, +3, and 3 shots on goal.

LOL... Sid you obviously have way to much time on your hands in order to come up with this tidbit of info. My hat is off to you for seeing that unusual statistic. This young man is going to be a beauty. Can't wait to see him in the NHL.

• Cheers 1

I like the pencilling of Power lol. Keep dreaming guys. Do hope we get a solid Dman though. Could fill out our defence quite nicely. Rathbone looking like a keeper. Glad he’s getting his feet wet in the AHL. Hopefully he’s a regular next year 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Hamonic was a good signing he has been injured only played 3 games and had 1 practice with team before his first game...Deal is great 1.25 million..

Benn -- Playing good this year and will be traded at trade deadline to playoff team ---- 4th rounder in return....

Hamonic, Myers, Benn add grit and toughness on the defence....

• Cheers 3

I have had some nasty arguments on HF Boards over Rathbone in the past.

My arguments have always stemmed around, Fox, and Marino and Rathbones play

Either with them, or for them. and the reports of his results there of

Now, I do really really like him as a prospect, but I do not want to see him up here this season

The team is not playing well and to be frank, Juolevi needs the ice time

Let him dominate the Ahl for the season and get him up for a look see, but put him back down(One step at a time!)

This season, whether a loss or what ever, is not the time to mess anyone else up

Let's do this right!

• Cheers 3