The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #1

Brad Marchand

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #1  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Brock has made it, to me its Demko who was said to be NHL ready and after this signing (G) one after years end will be traded to make room for Demko who is looking solid

from that list I see 10 to 12 making it rest are question

I think you have to go with Pettersson.  Being a center....a top line center is just a more valuable asset compared to a top line winger.

But his is still so young.  Boeser is a couple years older, and we have at least had a taste of his game at the NHL level.

Even if we're ranking just based on NHL potential, it's still difficult as some guys have a very high ceiling, but aren't super likely to reach their ceiling (Subban), but other guys have a much lower ceiling and are very likely to make it to the NHL (Gadjovich).

I'm thinking Demko has the best combination of NHL ceiling and likelihood of reaching that ceiling, but Boeser is a close second.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

With that, I think it's Elias Pettersson at the top. Boeser may be a safer pick for what he showed in the NHL in those nine games, but I feel Pettersson has some serious potential to become an elite number one centerman. It's close, but there's no doubt Pettersson and Boeser are our top two prospects.

I think long-term potential AND likelihood of reaching potential (or becoming something useful) should be considered.

So someone with first line potential might be put behind someone that is deemed likely to reach their second line center potential. However, if the first line potential player is still likely to be an effective player (even if below potential), then maybe he will get the nod instead.

This should be a fun series. It's nice having a number of quality prospects. 

I'm in a larger minority than I thought, but Juolevi is my pick.

I think he'll be a quality top pairing defenceman, and has a very good chance of reaching his potential. 

What?

No love for Palmu?

I chose Boeser but my dark horse is Petrus. He's got sick skills and elite speed. Scouting report said, the only thing that may keep him out of the NHL is his size but he seems to have the same determination as St. Louis, Fluery and Ronning. It would be awesome to see him make it.

7 hours ago, Fateless said:

Close call, but I think that the couple games Boeser got at the end of last year solidified him as our best prospect. He proved his game can translate his game into the NHL which is something none of the other prospects can claim. Sure its a small sample size, but I'd argue that alone gives him the best long-term potential since we don't know if any of the others will translate.

Pettersson might have the highest boom chance out of our prospects, but he could also bust. Out of sheer potential he'd win. But actual long-term potential, Boeser has proven his value more than anyone else.

yeah there's a spot in the line-up for brock or he's first call up.

i've been a fan since 74 and we never had a line up of prospects anywhere near ready, let alone push hard for a spot.

this is new territory for us and i like it!  Seems surreal but finally it's happened after all these years and it might be that injuries play a bigger role than we think as it gives our prospects a taste of the game and how fast it is and see how they do in reality and not just in theory but at least we have a farm that will start to produce so we don't have to big coin to sign over priced UFA's...  looks good to me

More please sir!

7 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Wait...  Everyone here's been flaming telling me that Juolevi was just about the best pick ever and we that didn't make a mistake by passing on Tkachuk - and not even 1-in-20 of you have him as our top prospect?  Not one in twenty!  Wow...

He's not flashy enough to be our top prospect. But he's understated and smart, just how we need him to be.

Based on absolute ceiling, Thatcher is our top prospect, but Brock is the purest goal scorer this team's had since Naslund. I consider it more or less a tie at this point.

Petersson and Dahlen both have X-factor as well and could steal the show if they develop perfectly. 

Olli should really just give us what Edler should have been this whole time.

7 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Wait...  Everyone here's been flaming telling me that Juolevi was just about the best pick ever and we that didn't make a mistake by passing on Tkachuk - and not even 1-in-20 of you have him as our top prospect?  Not one in twenty!  Wow...

Lot of people have stated they wanted Tkachuk over Juolevi.  I like the Juolevi pick, but I think it is too early to tell who is 'better', although in today's NHL, the value of a top 4 dman is higher than a top 6 winger.

Boeser and Tkachuk would be a better comparison.

I picked Demko, because I think he will be a very good #1 goalie in the NHL.    A lot of people picked Petterson due to what they think his projection will be.  Boeser has already shown that he will make the team and is projected to be a top 6 (possibly 1st line) sniper.  Juolevi will probably rank 4th.  This could change in a few years if he develops into a top pairing dman.  In that case, he blows them all out of the water.

21 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I think most of us can agree that Pettersson/Boeser/Demko/Juolevi/Dahlen (in no particular order) are our top five prospects. I see things getting interesting after number five, and that's where we will see a bigger range of votes being spread out. Or maybe after number seven, with Goldobin/Virtanen. ;)

Its close, but I suggest Gaudette rounds out the top 5 instead of Dahlen? 

Archived