The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Todd Bertuzzi says Thomas Vanek a good pick

groovy

Tuzzi is arguably the biggest man to have ever played for this franchise. I'll take his word for it. 

I really wish he would join the organization again. We've got so many former players... Clouts, TL, Baums, now Salo and many more... Bertuzzi is one of the greats. 

I'll forever respect him for standing up for his best friend, team captain, and reigning league MVP even though the outcome was bad. He made the right choice. Too bad 10 guys jumped on top and piled on the pressure to Steve's neck. 

EDIT: Adding this in here. 

If Bert just sucker punched him and 10 other players didn't pile up on them, there would be minor injury and we wouldn't even be talking about this. It's not Todd's fault that 10 clowns thought it was a good idea to pile up. You head hunt our captain, you deserve to be head hunted. In no way do I think Steve deserved to have his career ended... but the punch was just pay back. The sad part is that 10 other guys piled on top and broke his neck. Very unfortunate but wouldn't be in that spot if he didn't head hunt the league's reigning MVP at the time. Naslund had just won the Pearson and was a pure elite sniper... Steve was a 4th liner. 

11 minutes ago, apollo said:

Tuzzi is arguably the biggest man to have ever played for this franchise. I'll take his word for it. 

I really wish he would join the organization again. We've got so many former players... Clouts, TL, Baums, now Salo and many more... Bertuzzi is one of the greats. 

I'll forever respect him for standing up for his best friend, team captain, and reigning league MVP even though the outcome was bad. He made the right choice. Too bad 10 guys jumped on top and piled on the pressure to Steve's neck. 

Stupidest thing you've ever said on this board, and you've got a library of stuff to choose from.

18 minutes ago, apollo said:

Lol sucker punching someone from behind and ending his career was NOT the right choice! Im  a big fan of big bert but he was clearly in the wrong.

2 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Lol sucker punching someone from behind and ending his career was NOT the right choice! Im  a big fan of big bert but he was clearly in the wrong.

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

Stupidest thing you've ever said on this board, and you've got a library of stuff to choose from.

First of all, whats worse... a punch from behind or a flying elbow by a 4th line plug into the leagues reigning MVP's head? 

The punch alone would have caused little to no long term damage. The group of 10 that jumped on and piled up broke Steve's neck. It's unfortunate. 

22 minutes ago, apollo said:

Wow, I think you need to separate Bert's good contributions from his bad one.  I loved the snarl and combativeness that Bert brought to the Canucks.  He tipped the Canucks into being a contender.  All good teams have someone like him and the current Canucks roster is really missing a player like him.  With that said, there's a humanity line that he badly crossed when attacking a player from behind.  I really hated Steve Moore.....he was a punk who deserved some serious pushback but Bert did it all wrong.  Your homer glasses have defined the incident as a group of individuals injuring him and not Berts drive of the head to the ice.  Ugh.

12 minutes ago, apollo said:

First of all, whats worse... a punch from behind or a flying elbow by a 4th line plug into the leagues reigning MVP's head? 

The punch alone would have caused little to no long term damage. The group of 10 that jumped on and piled up broke Steve's neck. It's unfortunate. 

Unfortunately him starting the melee that led to 10 players falling on Moore is solely Bert's fault. No excuse whatsoever can justify it.  Even though I am a big fan of Bertuzzi and absolutely detest Steve and his brother, what he (Bert) did was one of the worst incidents in hockey history and he probably got off easy being allowed to play again. 

As an aside and more on topic: Personally i couldnt care less what Bertuzzi thinks of Vanek ill wait to see how he does on the ice. Im sure you could have asked anyone on Boston and they would have said LE is a sure thing as well. 

Why do people have to dig up the past. Move on and stop being so petty. Bert was a great hockey player and was a very important cog in the Canucks past. One bad event should not over shadow all of the spectacular things that their line accomplished.

59 minutes ago, apollo said:

EDIT: Adding this in here. 

If Bert just sucker punched him and 10 other players didn't pile up on them, there would be minor injury and we wouldn't even be talking about this. It's not Todd's fault that 10 clowns thought it was a good idea to pile up. You head hunt our captain, you deserve to be head hunted. In no way do I think Steve deserved to have his career ended... but the punch was just pay back. The sad part is that 10 other guys piled on top and broke his neck. Very unfortunate but wouldn't be in that spot if he didn't head hunt the league's reigning MVP at the time. Naslund had just won the Pearson and was a pure elite sniper... Steve was a 4th liner. 

Do you have any idea what it is like to live in pain?   I doubt it.   WELL I'll tell you this:   I have disintegrating discs in the lower lumbar and live in pain 24/7.   I have seen physios, chiropractors, surgeons and acupuncturists and several of each.  I even tried the back pain clinic program at Shaugnessy Hospital.   I lived on 8 tylenol 3 per day through the 80's and 90's to get an ounce of relief.  Then I needed stronger pills after that.   I decided to try a naturopath at the advice of a good friend and he saved my life.   What caused the pain - wear and tear on my body being a long distance runner for years.   There is no surgical repair for me and today, I cannot run ever but I can walk and more importantly I can control the pain.   Since 2000 I have not taken a pain pill.

I don't care if Steve was a 4th liner or a NO LINER - nobody deserves what happened to him.   ON the other hand, you need to give your head a shake for making the comparison to what Nazzy was to what Steve was . . .

27 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

22 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Steve Moore was a little **** on the ice. 

That does not absolve Bertuzzi's actions in the slightest.

You're dumb if you think it does.

Moore deserved what he got and it is what it is.

31 minutes ago, Puckster said:

Payback is a Biatch! I too feel that the pileup caused the major injury and that Big Burt's anger got the momentary better of him to hit him from behind.

PAYBACK is Biatch isn't it !

This guy gets it.

59 minutes ago, apollo said:

Naslund had just won the Pearson and was a pure elite sniper... Steve was a 4th liner. 

This is actually one of the biggest problems the NHL faces and your propagation of it just makes it worse.

It shouldn't matter if a player is a superstar or a fringe NHLer - their safety and protection should not vary depending on the amount of points they put up or the amount of money they bring in. 

Crosby should be no more protected than players like Cooke or Torres. Every player should be bound by the same rules and there shouldn't be some unspoken "you hurt our *insert 80 point player name*, you'll pay" rule while the fringe NHLer gets less respect, safety, or protection from both their teammates and the Player Safety department. 

Until the NHL, and the players, realize that every player should be subject to the exact same rule book - this league will continue leaving players in dark rooms and hospital beds until the legal system puts a stop to it.

11 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Why do people have to dig up the past. Move on and stop being so petty. Bert was a great hockey player and was a very important cog in the Canucks past. One bad event should not over shadow all of the spectacular things that their line accomplished.

Chris Benoit was an amazing professional wrestler.....but you know, some things that happen tend to overshadow the positives.

• -SN- changed the title to Todd Bertuzzi says Thomas Vanek a good pick

Archived