The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate Last TV Show You Saw

Monty

All Or Nothing: Toronto Maple Leafs

Binge watched the 5 episodes to get to the climax at end of Round 1...Priceless!!!

Sheldon Keefe has two words in his vocabulary... "&^@#in" and  "Eh". Easy coach to tune out after a few talks.

Watching Jimmy Vesey get waived was priceless after coach called him Vanilla. I think we got the same Jimmy. Seemed they were shocked someone picked him up.

Jack Campbell almost seems too nice.  I think a stretch of tough losses could really wreck him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Man, it's been a while since this thread has been active.

Just finished the last season of Line of Duty. (Got the Britbox channel from Prime to finish it.). The last episode is a bit of a let-down, but still it is a fantastic series. First season is OK, but stick with it to season 2 and you'll love it. And like most British (or in this case, Irish) series, it's a much lower commitment than a North American one - 6 seasons, but only 36 episodes total. 8.5/10

Contrasting that last point, also finished Castle (Disney+). Loved Nathan Fillion from Firefly/Serenity, and he's again awesome in this. It takes a season to find it's legs, but seasons 2-5 are great. After that it's diminishing returns. But with 7 seasons, and 173 episodes, it's no wonder they had trouble keeping the quality high. Overall, I'll give it a 7.5/10.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Taboo .  Netflix .  Season 1 .

a bbc production,  early 1800’s ..  

Dont go off the tittle ,  it’s a guy flick,  awesome,  shades of piracy, and the trade routes of the world opening.

Season 2 should be released this year.

Although it’s fiction, the storyline revolves around a treaty to Nootka Sound.

https://www.netflix.com/us/title/80158276?s=i&trkid=13747225&vlang=en&clip=81569051

I really enjoyed The Haunting of Hill House and The Haunting of Bly Manor on Netflix. I do not normally watch horror/scary shows but these really drew me in. I started using vpn ios app to watch my fav movies on Netflix. So convy. Now I can bypass all restrictions and watch my fav shows and movies everywhere.

Edited by luckyjack

• 4 weeks later...

Ozark

Solid show for the first 3 seasons. Although there were some scenes that were hard to believe, as they'd often use the same lame methods to eliminate characters.

Final season was disappointing. It felt rushed, and the one problem from earlier was very prevalent here. TI felt the writers put more value in getting their message across, rather than make the character's actions more believable.

The potential was there to be great. It was still good, but temper your expectations for season 4.

• 2 weeks later...

Obi Wan Kenobi:

2 episodes in- liking it. Show has already involved a 10 yr old Princess Leia, and Luke has been shown-through a pair of binoculars.

Seems to be a bit of controversy regarding the actor playing on of the Sith;

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/movies/news/star-wars-calls-out-racism-against-moses-ingram-tells-obi-wan-viewers-don-t-choose-to-be-racist/ar-AAXVmHu?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d0797b01d8f447438922d9bd44c510b4

"The ‘Star Wars’ franchise is sticking up for one of its own in the wake of online harassment and racism. Moses Ingram, who made her franchise debut in “Obi-Wan Kenobi” as the villainous Inquisitor Reva, revealed on social media that “hundreds” of racist messages have been sent to her by toxic fans since the Disney+ series debuted May 27. Racist messages sent to Ingram include the use of the N-word, as well as claims that Ingram was nothing but an “Obi-Wan” diversity hire.

“There’s nothing anybody can do about this. There’s nothing anybody can do to stop this hate,” Ingram said in a video posted to her Instagram story. “I question my purposes in even being here in front of you saying that this is happening. I don’t really know.”

The official Star Wars Twitter account stood up for Ingram, writing in a statement: “We are proud to welcome Moses Ingram to the Star Wars family and excited for Reva’s story to unfold. If anyone intends to make her feel in any way unwelcome, we have only one thing to say: we resist.”

“There are more than 20 million sentient species in the Star Wars galaxy, don’t choose to be a racist,” the statement concluded.

Prior to “Obi-Wan” debuting on Disney+, Ingram told The Independent that Lucasfilm executives warned her that she would likely face harassment online from racist “Star Wars” trolls. POC actors such as John Boyega and Kelly Marie Train faced their own racism from toxic fans when they joined the “Star Wars” franchise.

“It was something that Lucasfilm actually got in front of, and said, ‘This is a thing that, unfortunately, likely will happen. But we are here to help you; you can let us know when it happens,’” Ingram said.

Moses added at the time, “‘Obi-Wan’ is going to bring the most diversity I think we’ve ever seen in the galaxy before. To me, it’s long overdue. If you’ve got talking droids and aliens, but no people of color, it doesn’t make any sense. It’s 2022, you know. So we’re just at the beginning of that change. But I think to start that change is better than never having started it.”

New episodes of “Obi-Wan Kenobi” debut Fridays on Disney+.

• 2 weeks later...

Obi Wan Kenobi

4 episodes in and Im left…wanting. Kid Leia kind of bugs me. Some of the exposition feels a bit forced.  I was stoked Rupert Friend was in it a bit.  Annican/Obi Wans history is definitely the strong point-just the other parts of the storyline dont feel as organic.

8 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

Obi Wan Kenobi

4 episodes in and Im left…wanting. Kid Leia kind of bugs me. Some of the exposition feels a bit forced.  I was stoked Rupert Friend was in it a bit.  Annican/Obi Wans history is definitely the strong point-just the other parts of the storyline dont feel as organic.

A few questions regarding the story line;

If Luke needs to be trained in the force-why is Obi so out of touch with his own abilities? Seems more like Obi could teach Luke how to, not use the force.

Using Leia as bait now means that almost every episode would have the Sith kidnapping the girl.

How did Vader get so much stronger than Obi? Vader has spent years in a liquid tank, not using his abilities, while Obi has been in a desert, not using his abilities either. Yet after a day out of the fluid Vader is kicking ass.

On a cast note- nice to see Claudia Black still getting work in the sci fi genre.

8 hours ago, gurn said:

A few questions regarding the story line;

If Luke needs to be trained in the force-why is Obi so out of touch with his own abilities? Seems more like Obi could teach Luke how to, not use the force.

Using Leia as bait now means that almost every episode would have the Sith kidnapping the girl.

How did Vader get so much stronger than Obi? Vader has spent years in a liquid tank, not using his abilities, while Obi has been in a desert, not using his abilities either. Yet after a day out of the fluid Vader is kicking ass.

On a cast note- nice to see Claudia Black still getting work in the sci fi genre.

Yeah I didnt really think about Bacta tank Vader. Good point.

Im a very casual SW fan so pretty easy for me to suspend disbelief / not think about plot development too much.  Its usually just the obviously cliche/corny stuff that irks me.

Stranger Things S4 (part 1).

I didnt enjoy it.  

Outer Range S1

This I did enjoy.  Someone compared it to S1 True Detective quality but I wouldnt go that far.  One thing- if I got pushed into a dark void Id be pretty pissed about it.

• Upvote 1

Apple TV:

-Severance 10/10 - Must Watch****

Perfect cast with Adam Scott as lead, mainly directed by Ben Stiller.

-Dr. Brain 8/10 (not done watching, from film maker Kim Jee-woon aka Parasite)

-Shining Girls 8/10 (Elisabeth Moss)

-Ted Lasso 8/10 (easy watch, Jason Sudeikis)

-Calls 8/10 (very unique, audio only w/subtitles)

-Ptolemy Grey 7/10 (Samuel L Jackson)

-Slow Horses 7/10 (MI5 show)

-We Crashed 7/10 (can’t believe it’s a true story, Jared Leto and Anne Hathaway)

-Acapulco 7/10 (good story)

-Servant 7/10 (didn’t like the direction it went but liked the cast and first couple seasons)

-The Shrink Next Door 7/10 (can’t believe it’s a true story, Will Farrell and Paul Rudd)

Edited by Honourable Hughes

Have Gun - Will Travel available on MeTV on Saturdays at 4:00pm.

A western from the early 1960s starring Richard Boone as a Shakespeare-quoting gun for hire.  Goofy scripts but very enjoyable.  Plus it had a terrific theme song:

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1