The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser and the Calder race.

Adarsh Sant

7 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I hope Horvat represents the Canucks at the All-Star game . We don’t need to advertise how good Boeser is to attract closer checking from other teams. Outside our division there are teams that still think the Sedin’s are our best line.

That's ridiculous. You'd have to be living under a rock to not know how good Boeser is. 

22 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

That's ridiculous. You'd have to be living under a rock to not know how good Boeser is. 

I'd agree. I'd almost say that media back east is seeing Boeser as our clear #1 guy, more known than Bo Horvat. I can't remember if it was TSN or Sportsnet, but someone called Boeser future Canucks captain Brock Boeser. Now there's a debate.

I am listening to some "bought" media guy trying to give credit of Boeser's scoring ability to Green for sitting him out two games. For trying to give Gudbranson credit for team scoring even though he has limited points and terrible stats. For saying the team didn't need anymore centers when asked about Burmistrov.

But really, Boeser didn't know how to score until Green sat him out two games?

5 hours ago, cbdoubleu said:

I'd agree. I'd almost say that media back east is seeing Boeser as our clear #1 guy, more known than Bo Horvat. I can't remember if it was TSN or Sportsnet, but someone called Boeser future Canucks captain Brock Boeser. Now there's a debate.

Boeser is a real story, but what would the media have to say if he wasn't here? Stuff like the last few years? Vancouver has almost been eliminated from main line reporting if they are not talking Boeser.

He is worthy of the praise and they don't have to talk about the entire team or standings.

Boeser is our team MVP, no question. I'm curious, which NHL player (former or current) does he most remind you of?

To me, that release of his reminds me a lot of Brett Hull, although he is physically more dynamic / crafty than Hull.

22 hours ago, Slegr said:

Boeser is our team MVP, no question. I'm curious, which NHL player (former or current) does he most remind you of?

To me, that release of his reminds me a lot of Brett Hull, although he is physically more dynamic / crafty than Hull.

Well hes as important to our roster as alex ovechkin was to the capitals earlier in his career.

its hard to say, he’s really his own player, he reminds me a bit of tarasenko, ovie and laine, mostly due to his utilization on our powerplay.

he lacks some of the hand eye coordination of those guys... but his shooting and positioning appear to more hen make up for it.

4 hours ago, IbanezRG said:

Well hes as important to our roster as alex ovechkin was to the capitals earlier in his career.

its hard to say, he’s really his own player, he reminds me a bit of tarasenko, ovie and laine, mostly due to his utilization on our powerplay.

he lacks some of the hand eye coordination of those guys... but his shooting and positioning appear to more hen make up for it.

His shooting is like Ovi, but the difference is Ovi could go end to end and deke out the entire team including the goalie when he was just 18, 19 etc. I think the Tarasenko and Laine comparisons are fair though. But Ovi is in a class of his own. 

But importance to our roster? For sure. Boeser is just important as Ovi was when he was a rookie.

On ‎2017‎年‎12‎月‎28‎日 at 8:13 AM, Slegr said:

Mike Bossy

edit: Sure hope Bo can prove to be a Trottier. Think he's got it in him.

6 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

His shooting is like Ovi, but the difference is Ovi could go end to end and deke out the entire team including the goalie when he was just 18, 19 etc. I think the Tarasenko and Laine comparisons are fair though. But Ovi is in a class of his own. 

But importance to our roster? For sure. Boeser is just important as Ovi was when he was a rookie.

If there is one thing that will place Boeser above Ovi and Tarasenko, it's playoff success. Once the club gradually improves to the point of Cup contention, I strongly feel that Boeser won't disappear when the tight-checking playoffs begin. He'll score those clutch goals once the chips are down.

I'm not going to lie... I was a bit nervous after his poor/mediocre showing at the WJC. 

I'm delightfully surprised. He's scoring from all areas of the ice. He gets the greasy goals in tight and also snipes from the slot.

He has high hockey IQ and despite not being the fastest skater, goes to the right areas of the ice. 

He's not a perimeter player like I had previously thought. That will hopefully be the difference which allows him to continue scoring when the going gets tough. 

So happy with this pick Benning.

if boeser were to stay healthy the rest of the year and continue to score goals at the pace he has since Nov. 4th, he would finish the year with 53 goals in 79 games. 

edit: which would, I should add, tie mike bossy for #2 all-time in rookie goal-scoring, behind only teemu selanne's untouchable record. 

27 minutes ago, tas said:

if boeser were to stay healthy the rest of the year and continue to score goals at the pace he has since Nov. 4th, he would finish the year with 53 goals in 79 games. 

edit: which would, I should add, tie mike bossy for #2 all-time in rookie goal-scoring, behind only teemu selanne's untouchable record. 

Some players shoot the puck and look for holes around the goalie, Boeser seems to not see the goalie at all, just the holes.

With the oversized goalie equipment his ability at goal scoring is right up there with the very best. The only real difference is how the game is played now, less clutching, grabbing and intimidation in the regular season. 

On 12/27/2017 at 3:13 PM, Slegr said:

Boesser's wrist shot reminds me of Joe Sakic.  Lethal, don't give him an inch. 

4 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Some players shoot the puck and look for holes around the goalie, Boeser seems to not see the goalie at all, just the holes.

With the oversized goalie equipment his ability at goal scoring is right up there with the very best. The only real difference is how the game is played now, less clutching, grabbing and intimidation in the regular season. 

Some player make their holes (make the goalie move out of position).  Bure and Naslund were great at this.  I've seen Brock do it a couple times just by delaying his shot.  He picks his corner then just "outwaits" the goalie.  Great instincts and hockey sense. 

On 12/28/2017 at 7:31 AM, TheGuardian_ said:

I am listening to some "bought" media guy trying to give credit of Boeser's scoring ability to Green for sitting him out two games. For trying to give Gudbranson credit for team scoring even though he has limited points and terrible stats. For saying the team didn't need anymore centers when asked about Burmistrov.

But really, Boeser didn't know how to score until Green sat him out two games?

Those goals he scored at the end of last season must just be "lucky" ones.

Archived