The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Buffalo Sabres

-Vintage Canuck-

54 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

If Green keeps Jake with the Sedins, reaching 11 points shouldn't be a problem and probably reached quicker.

Since the Sedins reached their prime, they haven't played with a proper power forward.  Let alone one who skates and shoots like Jake.  Might be a nice swan song.

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

Kyle Turris and Evander Kane would be nice replacements on the top line for the Sedins.

2 BC boys both UFAs in the Summer.

Then you could get a Tyson Barrie for Hutton and a Goldobin package or something maybe and then the Canucks look like something.

Given the high minutes Hutton is being forced to play (with Gudbranson and Edler out), Hutton is doing fine.  He led the Canucks D in minutes tonight and he was a plus 1.  He is also in the top 3 in our +/-.  The thing I like about Hutton is when he has a bad shift, he shakes it off and works all the more harder.  He and Tanev had great games tonight.  When you are only playing 10 to 15 minutes like Hutton was the last few years, it is a lot easier to hide. 

As far as this game, as Sutter said, it was a real good team win.  This game is one of the best games I've seen by a Canucks team in over a year.  I especially like that we are getting way more shots on goal and less shots against compared to last season.  I don't expect the Canucks to make the playoffs but I like this team's competitive spirit.  Even the last game, when everything went wrong, they never quit working.

It's great to see Dorsett play right now. It's reminiscent of the Cowen days in 06-07, except I think Dorsett could keep this up, and doesn't require the twins to do it. 

On paper Granlund-Sutter- Dorsett might be a 4th line, but they're also our matchup line, and are getting a tonne of minutes. So far this season, they're the only 3 I would put down as a lock. Good stuff.

7 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

It's great to see Dorsett play right now. It's reminiscent of the Cowen days in 06-07, except I think Dorsett could keep this up, and doesn't require the twins to do it. 

On paper Granlund-Sutter- Dorsett might be a 4th line, but they're also our matchup line, and are getting a tonne of minutes. So far this season, they're the only 3 I would put down as a lock. Good stuff.

Play against other teams top lines and are plus players.  Can you ask for anything more?

1 hour ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

How has no one started a Dorsett thread yet? Canucks leading scorer getting no love :wacko:

Some posters were about to start a Derek Dorset do we need him?  post but his recent excellence put that on hold.

I’m so happy for double D.

I liked him when he was on Columbus and I was pretty happy when we picked him up.

He’s probably not going to score more than a dozen goals, but those are gravy.

He’s valuable for everything else he brings to the table.

I cannot understand all the whinging about his contract. He’s not the problem here.

13 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

He's playing like a man who almost lost it all and is in a contract year. I sincerely hope he keeps it up and another team vastly over-pays him in free agency....that's not even me being shady towards him. I like Dorsett and hope he cashes in big.

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

Happy for the guys.

But holy hell - Buffalo is simply TERRIBLE! They're currently exhibit A of how simply tearing a team down to win a lottery isn't a surefire means to success, even if you land a stud like Eichel.

QFT.

Their drafting, and internal support, has been awful. Terrible. 

Such a poorly run franchise in a 3rd tier city. 

3 hours ago, coolboarder said:

Anyone can have a few good nights in the league no matter who you are. I am one who wanted to waive him because I did not like his play over two season he played for us, taking untimely penalties and did not stand up for his teammates when he had a few chances to do it so.   Let's see after 20-25 games and I might change my mind.  Also I was one who wanted to waive him because of his neck surgery and was not sure if he would show his worth and taking a spot from our young prospects that might be able to play well.   I'm not taking a chance on this one so.  His value is higher today than it was 2-3 weeks ago in a trade.  

Wait a minute I have to call you on this malarkey!  What games have you been watching g that you think DD doesn't stick up for his teammates!?!?  The guy is a heart and soul guy who puts his body on the line ever time he laced up.  It's this kinda ignorant banter that makes me reaiZe how little some actually watch the games

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

It will be. Do fans already forget the discount they already took?

These guys will sign for 3-4 million just to give the team a better chance. Just wait and see.

they are notgetting 4 mill    id give em 1 mill bade max with points bonus if they score 40 points 3 mill  50  4 with salary  

18 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

Wait a minute I have to call you on this malarkey!  What games have you been watching g that you think DD doesn't stick up for his teammates!?!?  The guy is a heart and soul guy who puts his body on the line ever time he laced up.  It's this kinda ignorant banter that makes me reaiZe how little some actually watch the games

I was speaking of opportunities to do that last two years.  He did good this season so far but he was equally bad last 2 years.  Maybe neck injury has do something with it but we were all unaware of this until this announcement.  I watch majority of Canucks game.  Until he proves that he can continue doing this then my criticism of him will stop.   Like I said, I am not a fan of his gameplay style, that has nothing to do with fights or being tough.

Archived