The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luca sbisa is ripping it up

teepain

He was our best Dman at times last year and it was very obvious Vegas was going to take him when Canucks left him unprotected. I can't believe people thought Vegas was going to take Gaunce over Sbisa.. I was hoping they would but I would not understand why they would even consider that.

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I always liked Sbisa and could never understand the treatment he got from many on here. I hope he does really well with Vegas.

Folks always want a scapegoat. For the Canucks its always at least 3 guys pretty much.

It's varied between:

Edler

Eriksson

Tanev ( More for trade bait than hatred of his play.)

Gagne

Vanek

Remember when CDC was calling Virtanen a bust?

Vanek for me is trade bait, but you know he's going to get goals, he just seems to lack passion. Edler can be a world class d-man, but he never seems to apply himself, or perhaps he tries too hard? Gagne I have no issue with, because his work ethic is there. Same goes for Eriksson, the team needed to overpay to get him, the team got him. 

Now it's doubtful they could trade him, hopefully Green can get him going when he comes back from injury. 

Sbisa was more steady than Edler last year. And made about the same mistakes. But at least he was always physical. In the end we got Del Zotto and Vegas got Sbisa, and it's worked out for both clubs. 

Happy to see it was well, but not really completely surprised.  He slowly got better as he was on our team to the point where he was basically earning his contract by the time he got taken in the expansion draft.  Nice to see him continuing with that improvement.

On 10/28/2017 at 7:54 AM, smithers joe said:

the fans do this a lot with players they grow a dislike for, over the years. bieksa had a bad year and fans wanted him gone. called him lots of names. they are doing it now with ericksson, and the sedins. 

Yeah, but nobody wants Eriksson. Nobody wanted him when he was signed. 

1 hour ago, zzbottom said:

K. Then I guess you thought it was a good thing. :rolleyes:

i understood what benning was thinking. the three swedes had showed good chemistry in the past. if they had that chemistry again, that line could help lead the youngsters to a winning attitude. the fact that it didn't happen the way they planned, doesn't have me wanting him gone. i don't worry about the amount of his contract. it isn't coming out of my pocket. ericksson has shown good chemistry with granlund and sutter and he could help some young swedes after the sedins retire. his contract in years 5 and 6 could be moved. as long as any player, plays for the canucks, i'll be behind them and root for their success. 

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

i understood what benning was thinking. the three swedes had showed good chemistry in the past. if they had that chemistry again, that line could help lead the youngsters to a winning attitude. the fact that it didn't happen the way they planned, doesn't have me wanting him gone. i don't worry about the amount of his contract. it isn't coming out of my pocket. ericksson has shown good chemistry with granlund and sutter and he could help some young swedes after the sedins retire. his contract in years 5 and 6 could be moved. as long as any player, plays for the canucks, i'll be behind them and root for their success. 

You're a good man, Joe. I certainly don't wish ill on Eriksson either. 

Archived