The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

There is no way a 4th makes the deal even. A 4th isn't worth much. It's a throw in.

I'd pay a lottery protected 1st and Pedan today if I was another team. 

This is a steal of a trade.

Pens were going to waive pouliot anyways and probably lose him for nothing. 

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Pedan plus a 4th rounder. Both teams knew Pouliot was an upgrade over Pedan, but it's still looking like the 4th could be not nearly enough to make the deal even. He's playing well.

You wonder if part of it was Pittsburgh wanting the best for him. I would hope that after drafting a player and spending 5 years developing them, that they would want him to have an opportunity to be an NHLer (even if it wasn't with them).

Vancouver looked like a great opportunity for him with his former coach here, as well as a need for a player like him.

On a side note, Pouliot has more points than Larsson, and didn't cost us Taylor Hall. :lol:

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya, I think he's gonna end up signing here. 4 years around 4 mill per year. 

Just look at what Dorsey did after the 1st LA goal. Those things can't be measured in stats but it's huge for a team. Gudbranson is needed here. Even as a 3rd pair guy when all Dmen are healthy. But he can play 2nd pair and against physical teams he's desperately needed to play big minutes as he was tonight. 

Surprised it took this long to be mentioned. I doubt they come back to win without Dorsett setting the tone.

I'm not going to get too excited from this win. Great to beat a good team, but I felt LA "played down". Nills made some very timely saves after the softie, strong game from pouliot. Would like virtanen back in the lineup, team looks so slow and lacks a hard forcheck it seems when he's not in. But happy with the W! 

Just now, Silky mitts said:

Troy stecher *

I'm gonna give him the benefit of a doubt and guess he was joking with the "Tony Stretcher". I'm pretty sure it was used as his name once by a mistake by a fan or something.

12 minutes ago, Odd. said:

After thinking about it, how did Benning manage to grab a top 4 defenseman for a career AHL'er/fringe NHL depth guy (whatever he is) in Pedan? That has to be one of the best moves he's made as GM and in a few years might prove to be one of the biggest steals ever for this franchise.

I think another thing to know is that in his last 2 games as a lefthanded defenseman playing on the right side, he's posting better CF 5v5 which is above 70% in both.

Pouliot's going to be our next best defenseman. Keep him up for the rest of the year. A full season in the NHL will do wonders for this kid.

Interesting how that's worked, considering he played his off-side in Portland as well, with Cederholm.  If he can play equally well on either side that's yet another bonus.

With Holm (9 points in 12 games) and McEneny (7 in 10) playing well in Utica, and Brisebois and Chatfield also doing well as first-year pros, a lot of options are going to open up in re-jigging the back end in the near future.

2 minutes ago, LarsEller said:

Pedan was more just to balance the contracts basically. He was never going to play nhl hockey. Way to slow and unable to follow the play. The 4th was the main piece. 

Actually, Pedan is not slow at all. He's very mobile at 6'5 215lbs, I think consistency and his poor hockey IQ level might be what's really holding him back.

Just now, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Didn't see the game but heard it on the radio. It sounded like Gudbranson was the star on D - penalty kills, playing physical against a big team?

Yeah Gudbranson showing em why he needs to be re-signed and locked up long term

1 minute ago, FijianCanuck said:

Pens were going to waive pouliot anyways and probably lose him for nothing. 

YEs, I talked about that earlier. They weren't going to waive him because he had value. But Rutherford could have traded him to any of other 30 teams. I believe this had something to do with Benning's likeability around the league. HE's old school guy who is well respected. So Rutherford pretty much gave him to Benning rather than someone else. Plus as i said earlier PIT wants to get bigger and more physical, they traded a 1st at draft for Ryan Reaves out of STL for same reason.

1 minute ago, Filthymitts32 said:

I'm not going to get too excited from this win. Great to beat a good team, but I felt LA "played down". Nills made some very timely saves after the softie, strong game from pouliot. Would like virtanen back in the lineup, team looks so slow and lacks a hard forcheck it seems when he's not in. But happy with the W! 

I wouldn't doubt LA thinking being up 2-0 that this is the same team as last year. Drew poughty was pissed lol

28 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

1-2 without Tanev in the lineup.  

This Edler hate is ridiculous.  

We lose our best dman, and people blame it on the scapegoat.   Stupid

loved his bordering call.   he got deep into this game emotionally!  like A true g.o.a.t. goat.

Just now, Odd. said:

Actually, Pedan is not slow at all. He's very mobile at 6'5 215lbs, I think consistency and his poor hockey IQ level might be what's really holding him back.

Thats what I meant by slow. He takes ages to decide what to do and because of that he is always 2 steps behind the play when he is up against nhl competition. Its a problem that can't be fixed or coached out. 

Archived