The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I'd certainly ponder Liljegrin and their 18 1st. But we'd need to have a plan on how to replace EG's contributions and it would make moving on from Edler either this or next year, harder.

I’d settle for a just their first and maybe a b or c prospect. 

Then I’d move Edler (retained) + to Tampa for coburn + Foote. 

Resign hammer or maybe pizza in the summer for short term help till Juolevi makes the jump. Win the lotto, draft dahlin. 

Dahlin tanman

sbisa coburn

Hutton Stetcher 

Holm/mceneny/ Juolevi/ Foote 

then we just gotta sign karlsson in 2018. ...Winning 

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

I'd certainly ponder Liljegrin and their 18 1st. But we'd need to have a plan on how to replace EG's contributions and it would make moving on from Edler either this or next year, harder.

Yes because I'm sure the leafs would trade two 1sts for Gubranson. 

I also hope we can trade Labate, Markstrom and a 5th for Tarasenko. 

6 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Meet guntrix.

tumblr_myr9fogByz1t6focxo1_500.gif

A poster who's mission in life is to ensure the Canucks don't re-sign this player because he's supposedly a horrible defenseman, who various teams are showing interest in should he go to free agency. Funny how that happens...

gudbranson.jpg

Upon a closer look, it appears that this theory is based mostly on analytics, which doesn't encompass all factors necessary when determining a player's worth.

source.gif

guntrix has spread his message to the airwaves at 1040 during the call-in portion of the post-game show

giphy.gif

And is hopeful that one day, the Canucks only employ players who have acceptable Corsi/Fenwick - TOI + ATOI x PDO. guntrix seems convinced, along with Thomas Drance, JD Burke, and Jason Botchford, that this is how you build a real contender.

giphy.gif

Yikes. I truly am sorry if I ruffled some jimmies there.

5 hours ago, oldnews said:

So, Dorsett was worth his contract - you simply perceived it as unconventional.

Sbisa is worth his contract, but you consider that 'beside the point' because you didn't perceive his value at the time.

In other words, guntrix's protests over both have proven to be premature and falied whinging that has been flushed out in reality.  Benning vindicated - guntrix shutout.

And we're hindsighting Eriksson - on 65 games last season - vs looking at his career (small vs large sample, ironically) - and in denial that his current small sample production is actually worth his contract / consistent with his career - in other words he has returned to the mean that Benning assessed him on - he's on pace for 60 pts/82 this year.  Jury has come back to reverse the conviction on Eriksson, and is still out.

Lol, so passing judgment over Eriksson's season and a half is "hindsighting" but passing judgment over Sbisa's 20 games isn't. You truly have to see it to believe it.

On 12/3/2017 at 3:56 AM, guntrix said:

Tell me, how long did you wait for the opportunity to use that picture? 

Pretty easy to find pictures like that as they tend to be rather true and so many people have a false sense of being realistic. Neither complaining about things or being positive about things means one is realistic. Being realistic is weighing the options and not necessarily even having an opinion really. The amount of complaining I've seen you and others do makes you about as "realistic" as the people who senselessly praise anything and everything. ;)

Just now, guntrix said:

but passing judgment over Sbisa's 20 games isn't.

derp.  I judge and judged Sbisa on three years (20 games is  your goldfish standard) -  and the fact that despite your whinging, an actual NHL franchise chose to select him - but clearly Vegas is dumb and guntrix is a small sample prophet lol.

2 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Yes because I'm sure the leafs would trade two 1sts for Gubranson. 

I also hope we can trade Labate, Markstrom and a 5th for Tarasenko. 

Leafs management has already done all sorts of questionable things. Never know ;)

I hope so to, that'd be swell!

gee-whiz-mister-bemis-thats-a-swell-idea

Just now, oldnews said:

derp.  I judge and judged Sbisa on three years (20 games is  your goldfish standard) -  and the fact that despite your whinging, an actual NHL franchise chose to select him - but clearly Vegas is dumb and guntrix is a small sample prophet lol.

Not sure why you keep blatantly ignoring the fact that Vegas had little to choose from. 

It was basically between 36 year old miller, Gaunce (who had only scored one NHL goal), and Sbisa.

But yeah, keep derping your way to your conclusions. 

4 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Vegas had little to choose from. 

Derp.   They had every #4 D in the NHL to choose from.

Tough to swallow, eh Kermit.

John Merrill

Brayden McNabb

Shea Theodore

Colin Miller

Marc Methot

Nate Schmidt

David Schlemko

Derek Engelland

Griffin Reinhart

Alexei Emelin

Clayton Stoner

Trevor VanReimsdyk

Defensive Pairings
Luca Sbisa
Luca Sbisa
Nate Schmidt
Nate Schmidt
Shea Theodore
Shea Theodore
Deryk Engelland
Deryk Engelland
Colin Miller
Colin Miller
Brayden McNabb
Brayden McNabb

But keep chirping.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Derp.   They had every #4 D in the NHL to choose from.

Tough to swallow, eh Kermit.

John Merrill

Brayden McNabb

Shea Theodore

Colin Miller

Marc Methot

Nate Schmidt

David Schlemko

Derek Engelland

Griffin Reinhart

Alexei Emelin

Clayton Stoner

Trevor VanReimsdyk

Defensive Pairings
Luca Sbisa
Luca Sbisa
Nate Schmidt
Nate Schmidt
Shea Theodore
Shea Theodore
Deryk Engelland
Deryk Engelland
Colin Miller
Colin Miller
Brayden McNabb
Brayden McNabb

But keep chirping.

You misinterpreted my post. 

Vegas had to choose at least one Canuck by rule. Those were the main three guys from the Canucks available.

15 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Not sure why you keep blatantly ignoring the fact that Vegas had little to choose from. 

It was basically between 36 year old miller, Gaunce (who had only scored one NHL goal), and Sbisa.

But yeah, keep derping your way to your conclusions. 

isn't Sbisa having a really solid year for Vegas? I think by now the anti-Sbisa crowd would have noticed he's actually a solid #5 D

Vegas had some decent choices, Miller would have been good for them too if Fleury had gone in a trade somewhere else. Biega would have been an OK choice for them as well. 

4 hours ago, coryberg said:

In 2013 when Clutterbucks deal was signed he was coming off of a projected 20 point season, dorsett was on pace for 31 points that year (lockout shortened season).

In 2015 when Dorsetts deal was signed he was coming off a 25 point season, Clutterbuck had 16 points.

Yeah no comparison at all.

Dorsett has never scored 31 points but good job manipulating the stats. What about the following year when he had 8 points in 51 games. Why don't you work your magic witht those nunbers while you're at it?

You don't need to juggle around the numbers to see that Cal Clutterbuck has produced much more than Dorsett and on a consistent basis. 

1 hour ago, VIC_CITY said:

What about the following year when he had 8 points in 51 games. Why don't you work your magic witht those nunbers while you're at it?

It's not magic it's mathmatics.

The 13-14 season dorsett was at .16ppg, that projects to 13 points on a full season. 6 points less than than Clutterbuck. That's comparable.

.  The whining over Dorsett's contract is almost approaching HFBOARDS level.  some guys act like the money is coming out of their pockets.  heart and soul guy that is an outstanding example of hard work and perseverance on a team that is cycling in young players who need leadership and mentorship,  but all they look at is stats and lament over a few hundred thousand dollars lost (in their minds).  How do you put a value on one of the smallest players on the bench challenging anybody that takes a run at a Canuck, or a guy that will pick on the biggest player on the other bench to gt his lethargic bench going..buddy practically put himself in a wheel chair going through the wall for the team, but all they see is a few points and whine about the money.  LOL.

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

I know.  The whining over Dorsett's contract is almost approaching HFBOARDS level.  some guys act like the money is coming out of their pockets.  heart and soul guy that is an outstanding example of hard work and perseverance on a team that is cycling young players who need leadership and mentorship,  but all they look at is stats and lament over a few hundred thousand dollars lost (in their minds).  How do you value when someone takes a run at a Canuck, and one of the smallest guys on the bench challenges the offender on the next shift...buddy practically put himself in a wheel chair going through the wall for the team, but all they see is a few points and whine about the money.  LOL.

We really need Guddy, and to sign Archibald.  For next season, it would be awesome to have Tryamkin back too.  Then either Guddy, or Tryamkin could be on the ice for much of the game.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We really need Guddy, and to sign Archibald.  For next season, it would be awesome to have Tryamkin back too.  Then either Guddy, or Tryamkin could be on the ice for much of the game.  

It would be a huge boost if Tryamkin comes back Alf.  

4 hours ago, guntrix said:

Yikes. I truly am sorry if I ruffled some jimmies there.

Sorry for ruffling jimmies? Is that something you do accidentally or do you seek out the jimmies for some ruffling?

And after the jimmies are ruffled does something happen or do you get an egg?

4 hours ago, guntrix said:

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Trammer is 7-14-21 +18 in 36 games this year.  Fat chance he comes back though.  Unless Yekaterinburg goes bankrupt......

Archived