The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat out up to 6 weeks with foot fracture

Where's Wellwood

2 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

haha were still in a rebuild and perhaps this injury will show that. You can't compete for playoff spots and win cups if you rely on only a few really good players. Just ask Edmonton lol

Well thank God we actually have some depth this season then. I'm not saying losing Bo isn't a hurdle but everyone who's ready to call it a season already needs to give their heads a shake.

2 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

haha were still in a rebuild and perhaps this injury will show that. You can't compete for playoff spots and win cups if you rely on only a few really good players. Just ask Edmonton lol

I have been enjoying the games regardless of a playoff spot.  The team will certainly miss Bo, who is arguably their best player.  Hopefully they can continue to play the hard working competitive game that they have established this season.  Tough situation to lose a guy like Bo for 16 games.

25 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

WTF - Is it foot or ankle? They are two different parts of the body, the foot is connected to the ankle. What kind of reports are these....sheeeesh

This is media for ya.

Really?  You make an interesting, almost valid point, but.....

I personally am going to consider ankle and foot to be "close" enough for my purposes - given there is literally no space between them.

Compared to some 'reports' we hear on a regular basis, I'm reluctant to call this one fake news lol.

Not good news at all.... Hopefully its not too serious and he is back before the estimates.

I think Bo's hard work and determination on every shift was contagious and catching on with the rest of the team including the vets.. I hope they dont start falling back into that who gives a $hizz im just playing for the paycheck now mentality a la Edler (sorry to pick on Edler as there are probably a few on the team but he has just been horrible outside of the last couple games).....

While I dont think that Boeser was going to win the Calder (would need a huge huge lead in points to overcome the Eastern bias) but this definitely will not help his chances. 

This will set us back this year for sure, potentially even cost us a playoff spot.  The silver lining is that it will likely result in us getting a better draft spot, and potentially selling t the deadline for more picks.  I am choked because I love watching this team win, and am just looking for a positive out of this.

49 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Not good news at all.... Hopefully its not too serious and he is back before the estimates.

I think Bo's hard work and determination on every shift was contagious and catching on with the rest of the team including the vets.. I hope they dont start falling back into that who gives a $hizz im just playing for the paycheck now mentality a la Edler (sorry to pick on Edler as there are probably a few on the team but he has just been horrible outside of the last couple games).....

While I dont think that Boeser was going to win the Calder (would need a huge huge lead in points to overcome the Eastern bias) but this definitely will not help his chances. 

nice to credit bo

you are likely not wrong

but i think it more likely that dorsett spearheaded the hard work determination thing more so

from the start of the season till his injury

i recall green commenting that bo's play initially was average

Archived