The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat out up to 6 weeks with foot fracture

Where's Wellwood

2 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

nice to credit bo

you are likely not wrong

but i think it more likely that dorsett spearheaded the hard work determination thing more so

from the start of the season till his injury

i recall green commenting that bo's play initially was average

You are correct and I apologize for not giving credit where it was due. Definitely Dorsett is a major factor as well. Selfish I know, but damn.... we have the best luck as a franchise....

1 hour ago, timberz21 said:

Might cost Boeser the calder.

57 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

There goes the season. Boeser isn't winning the Calder now either

If Boeser is only a secondary player on the line and doesn't make his linemates better instead, then he probably doesn't deserve the Calder anyway. It doesn't help to lose a good linemate, but it shouldn't decimate your chances if you're the driving engine of the line. This is Boeser's time to step up further and showcase himself that he is most worthy of the Calder and when Bo returns, continue the dominance.

Welp, it was fun while it lasted.

Not to be a pessimist, but I can't see us making the playoffs (or even a run at them) now. Unless the Twins turn back the clock and 2011 the crap out of the next 6 weeks, we're done.

To those who think this means we have a chance at Dahlin, think again. To even be in position to have more than a 10% chance at drafting him, the Canucks would have to lose 13 of their next 16 games. And that still wouldn't put us near the bottom of the league, assuming Arizona, Edmonton and Buffalo stay as bad as they are.

Even if that does happen, which is unlikely, they would have to continue losing 70% of their games just to finish in the bottom-5, even after Horvat gets back.

Our only hope is to tank the rest of the season and hope our 8% chance at Dahlin was worth blowing the season over.

On the other hand, the Canucks only need to win about 60% of their next 15 games to stay in the playoffs, considering Anaheim and Calgary are both under .500 in their last 10 games. That's only 9-6. Even going 8-7 is easily recoverable, thanks to our weak division.

Screw the naysayers!

Let's not ride the twins into the ground.

Maybe the summer FA's can save our bacon(it's their chance)?

Also our 'tending could possibly steal some points, with their level of play.

If the wheels fall off, we can justify dealing a few nice pieces at TDL.

Next yr, twins might return for low dough, if they feel we were gypped with injuries. Also to help EP get rolling.

& yes, one more beauty pick would make the 'stealth-tank' 100% complete.

gives gagner, granlund, burmi, and the 3 youngsters virt , gaunce, goldobin  more playing time in bigs. I think everyone will step up and we wont miss a beat green has us as a plsyoff darkhorse watch out we beat preds pens leafs  thats great for this team keep it up boys make the horrible nhl media eat crow 

Sad news, to be sure. If there is one position on the team that has little depth, it's top 6 center. That being said...the team is just gonna have to figure out if they are capable of "next man up".

This will likely cost us a place or three in the standings. Will we bottom out? Nah, we are better than that. Will we make the playoffs, now? Nah, we're not quite that good.

I'm expecting a noteworthy drop in the standings for sure. There's still hope if someone like Goldobin, Granlund, or Sutter step up or even the twins keep up their recent production rate, but odds are that we fall out of a playoff spot with this.

Some of you guys are being way too overdramatic.  Yes Horvat is our best player but this gives the rest of the roster, which still includes two Hall of Famers, a chance to step up.  If you're throwing in the towel now over one injury that's only for 6 weeks I question how much of a fan you really are.  And this has no bearing on Boeser's chance at a calder, that dude can convert off of passes from anyone.  For shame CDC, for shame.

Come on, they might do a lot better than some of you think. Now it gives others a chance to get more ice time and see what they can do. Worst case scenario is they don't make the playoffs and get a better draft pick which wouldn't be a bad thing at this stage. 

Get well soon Bo. Drink lots of milk and think "knit bone, knit"...I know I will be. :)

Everyone remember that you cry and grieve for the wounded after the war is won...or you won't win the war because how can you see with tears in your eyes. ;P 

10 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Some of you guys are being way too overdramatic.  Yes Horvat is our best player but this gives the rest of the roster, which still includes two Hall of Famers, a chance to step up.  If you're throwing in the towel now over one injury that's only for 6 weeks I question how much of a fan you really are.  And this has no bearing on Boeser's chance at a calder, that dude can convert off of passes from anyone.  For shame CDC, for shame.

A voice of reason in a sea of anguish.  Hockey is a tough game and people get injured all the time.  Pittsburgh won a cup without their top Dman last year.   Canucks will not be a better team without Horvat but they can become an equal, though less talented, assemblage of players and find a way to grow.   Players like Virtanen, Boeser, Granlund, Baer can put on their big boy pants and take this as an opportunity.    

Get to it boys!

37 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

11 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

A voice of reason in a sea of anguish.  Hockey is a tough game and people get injured all the time.  Pittsburgh won a cup without their top Dman last year.   Canucks will not be a better team without Horvat but they can become an equal, though less talented, assemblage of players and find a way to grow.   Players like Virtanen, Boeser, Granlund, Baer can put on their big boy pants and take this as an opportunity.    

Get to it boys!

Thank you. Obviously losing Bo for any amount of time hurts but I'm just shaking my head at people ready to call it quits on the season. 

Archived